HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Forget Bronze, Jagr wants Cup

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I thought that it was clear that I was talking about hypothetics? If it was not, then I was.
Oh well in that case, the Rangers get Bertuzzi and Jackman and we're set

Old
03-02-2006, 04:03 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Oh well in that case, the Rangers get Bertuzzi and Jackman and we're set
I know you are kidding, however, IMO, a scenario where Clarke trades for either Biron or Luongo is fairly realistic.

Old
03-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
I know you are kidding, however, IMO, a scenario where Clarke trades for either Biron or Luongo is fairly realistic.
Buffalo trading Biron to Philly doesn't seem likely if they can get a decent package outside the conference. Vancouver trading Bertuzzi to help the Rangers? Price would be skyhigh. Luongo I can see happening though, also would cost Clarke a bundle. Jackman to the Rangers is doable.

Old
03-02-2006, 04:19 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Jackman to the Rangers is doable.
Were that I had your confidence in this. Just curious what do you consider "doable"?
Quote:
Buffalo trading Biron to Philly doesn't seem likely if they can get a decent package outside the conference.
Good point.
Quote:
Luongo I can see happening though, also would cost Clarke a bundle.
No doubt it would be a heavy price. However, I believe that Clarke has positioned himself to be able to pay the price. Luongo would give the Flyers equal billing w/ the 'Sens. And Clarke has amassed a lot of very good young talent.

Old
03-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
No doubt it would be a heavy price. However, I believe that Clarke has positioned himself to be able to pay the price. Luongo would give the Flyers equal billing w/ the 'Sens. And Clarke has amassed a lot of very good young talent.
Can't see Clarke trying to improve on his current goaltending situation. Olympic MVP < Injured Hasek?

Old
03-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Were that I had your confidence in this. Just curious what do you consider "doable"?

Good point.

I doubt he's giving up Richards or Carter, so that leaves Steve Downie & Ryan Potulny as their best Prospects. If i'm Florida thats not gonna do it and/or other teams could probably make better offers, IMO.

Barret Jackman could be had for a prospect and pick(maybe a 2nd, depends on who the prospect is).

Old
03-02-2006, 04:53 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Can't see Clarke trying to improve on his current goaltending situation. Olympic MVP < Injured Hasek?
You don't think so, MJ? Olympics or not, I do not think that anyone is going to confuse Nitti with Luongo.

Old
03-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Pizza

They have a motivated Jagr and a trial tested Henke. Some good things could happen.

Old
03-02-2006, 05:05 PM
True Blue

Quote:
I doubt he's giving up Richards or Carter, so that leaves Steve Downie & Ryan Potulny as their best Prospects. If i'm Florida thats not gonna do it and/or other teams could probably make better offers, IMO.
One could make a case that Clarke would include one of Richards or Carter. But if not them, there is stil Pitkannen. Or inlcude Jonsson in a package with picks and Downie.

Old
03-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
One could make a case that Clarke would include one of Richards or Carter. But if not them, there is stil Pitkannen. Or inlcude Jonsson in a package with picks and Downie.
Pitkanen? I know its not impossible, but they're talking this guy up to be the next Norris winner. Johnsson/Downie & picks could be easilly matched by other teams don't ya think?

Old
03-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
You don't think so, MJ? Olympics or not, I do not think that anyone is going to confuse Nitti with Luongo.
Now I know how good Finland's defense was in front of Niitty, but I still think he showed something in that tournament.

Let's not confuse Luongo with a seasoned playoff veteran either. With zero NHL games on his resume, he's far from a sure thing despite being a more gifted player.

Old
03-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Edge

Quote:
I think he means (and correct me if I am wrong, Edge) that Gagne's B- game is still better than Rucinsky's A game. Talent for talent, the Flyers have the edge. Teams like them and Ottawa may still be able to get by, say the first round, on talent alone.
Rangers have no such option. When they work their butts off, they can compete with virtually everyone. When they do not, the most often loose.
Yup that's what I was saying.

I think they have an overal talent advantage. That doesn't mean the Rangers can't beat them, but the Rangers success is more contingent on working hard and doing what they've been doing.

As we've seen, when the team gets sloppy or forgets the little things it tends to have problems. When it works hard, it gives itself a very serious chance to win.

Closed Thread