HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Isles may clean house despite earlier reports

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Of those three, I personally think Parrish is the only real possibility. The way Satan has played of late, he is unlikely to get moved. And, Bates might be our only UFA that we'll actually resign.
I'll take it!

Old
03-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Vladi K

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Vladi K Send a message via AIM to Vladi K Send a message via Yahoo to Vladi K
How much York and Lukowich are making and at what price (if at al) would either be available?

Old
03-03-2006, 12:41 PM
kasper11

York is making just over 2, Lukowich makes 1.
I doubt York is traded...he is an RFA this summer, and has been playing very well with Satan and Hunter, the Isles only real scoring line the past month.

Assuming the Isles decide to sell by the deadline, Lukowich could probably go for a pick (3rd?). He is just not a top-4 guy, and the Isles are full of 3rd pairing guys.

Old
03-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
Regarding Alexei Zhitnik: I believe he should be kept for the duration of his contract. I personally feel his problem is related directly to the Islanders defensive depth. If you move several players at the deadline, hoping to lose salary while getting picks/prospects you take money saved and find a defenseman that fits in the 1 or 2 spot during the offseason. Doesn't have to be the McCabes, Charas, Reddens (salary is just too much to take when AY takes up 20% of the Isles salaries.

Mark Parrish: Parrish's value will never be as high as it is at the trade deadline. The Isles should get more than a 2nd rounder and mid-level prospect for him (though I won't be unhappy if that's the return) considering his reputation in front of the net, regardless of the reality. His reputation should warrant a good return, regardless of his impending UFA status. The fact that he's a soon to be UFA actually works in the Isles favor, if they deal him to a contending team.

Shawn Bates:Honestly don't care if he stays or goes. I like him as a player, feel he's overused and subject to groin injuries in addition to being a "face" of the New York Islanders. Dunno what the return is, but a fresh start for him and the Isles organization may be necessary...or he'll wind up playing in spots he shouldn't.

Oleg Kvasha:Trade him. I don't care if he winds up getting 15g, 35a next year for someone while he we develop a 5th round pick, get rid of him. His time as an Islander is done.

Jason Blake:If Blake made 2 mill this year he'd be on the table at the deadline. He makes 1.2 right now and in the NHL he's an incredibly cheap player. That being said, signed for another year at 1.6 should make his value incredible at the deadline, especially if he's dealt along with another player. Take Sopel, for example....4 mill next season for Blake/Sopel is something teams would jump on.

Brent Sopel:Take the loss and trade him back to Vancouver and throw Weinhandl in there, not expecting the return to be anything significant.

Old
03-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Islanders4Life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
dibbs on asham!
I hope not, I just got a Asham Jersey

But I would take a 2nd rounder for him

Old
03-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11
York is making just over 2, Lukowich makes 1.
I doubt York is traded...he is an RFA this summer, and has been playing very well with Satan and Hunter, the Isles only real scoring line the past month.

Assuming the Isles decide to sell by the deadline, Lukowich could probably go for a pick (3rd?). He is just not a top-4 guy, and the Isles are full of 3rd pairing guys.
Actually, I think Lukowich is one of the least likely guys to go. He makes only 1 million and is a useful (if limited) 4/5 guy. He also brings an element of grit and leadership that our blueline lacks.

I agree that York won't be traded, if he is an RFA. IF he is an UFA (and none of us seem certain about that) all bets are off.

My guess: Kvasha and Parrish - definitely gone. Sopel - likely. Bates - possible but somewhat less likely. Satan - possible, but unlikely. York - unlikley. That may seem like a lot of team is left intact, but you're still talking about 2 or 3 guys gone for the roster with no likely return (other than picks and prospects).

Closed Thread