HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

re-sign Huet

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Fenriz

vCash: 500
re-sign Huet

I don't know what is the Gainey's plan for next year with Théo/Huet and Danis. But one thing is for sure... we need to sign Huet and keep him with the team. I wonder how much will it cost to sign Huet since he is a UFA this summer. Gainey should sign him right now because Huet will want to be a number 1 next year. A lot of teams could be interrested in him. i wonder if Huet want to stay or if he think he would have better chance to play as a number one elsewhere.

My guess.. Let go Théo and Keep Huet and Danis.

Old
03-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Habsruleen

If Theo wasn't under such a huge contract for next season, maybe. As it stands, don't bet on it.

Old
03-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenriz
I don't know what is the Gainey's plan for next year with Théo/Huet and Danis. But one thing is for sure... we need to sign Huet and keep him with the team. I wonder how much will it cost to sign Huet since he is a UFA this summer. Gainey should sign him right now because Huet will want to be a number 1 next year. A lot of teams could be interrested in him. i wonder if Huet want to stay or if he think he would have better chance to play as a number one elsewhere.

My guess.. Let go Théo and Keep Huet and Danis.
I asked a question in a thread a few weeks back as to what Huet's status for this Summer would be.

I was told that he'll be an RFA due to the 4 years of service rule, and this being only his third year in the NHL (and his first year was only 12 games, so not sure if that counts as an accrued season).

So, I *believe* Huet is an RFA, and I also certainly do hope he's re-signed.

I could see Theodore being traded in the Summer, but time will tell I guess.

Old
03-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Fenriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
I asked a question in a thread a few weeks back as to what Huet's status for this Summer would be.

I was told that he'll be an RFA due to the 4 years of service rule, and this being only his third year in the NHL (and his first year was only 12 games, so not sure if that counts as an accrued season).

So, I *believe* Huet is an RFA, and I also certainly do hope he's re-signed.

I could see Theodore being traded in the Summer, but time will tell I guess.

I never eard about this 4 years of service rule. I tought that in the new collective bargain players can be free at 27 if they're contract are finished.

If we loose Huet the Garon trade will now look very bad...

Old
03-02-2006, 11:09 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
I never eard about this 4 years of service rule. I tought that in the new collective bargain players can be free at 27 if they're contract are finished.

No, it will only become 27 in a couple years......they lower the age one year at a time until it gets to 27. Next year it's 31 I think.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
No, it will only become 27 in a couple years......they lower the age one year at a time until it gets to 27. Next year it's 31 I think.
Flavor of the month?

Old
03-02-2006, 11:13 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Flavor of the month?
Yep, he's the flavor of the month. We gotta re-sign him no doubt. I don't expect him to keep it up myself, but if he does, great. I still believe Theodore is the #1. Time will tell. I don't enjoy reading about people slagging Theodore myself. He's been hurt all year and the team has not been particularly good in front of him. Montreal can get like that though when we're not winning.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:

From the NHL.com CBA FAQ:
"FREE AGENCY

How will Free Agency work?

Unrestricted Free Agency - For the 2005-06 season, a player age 31 with four accrued seasons will be an unrestricted free agent; in 2006-07, a player age 29 with four accrued seasons or with eight accrued seasons; in 2007-08, a player age 28 with four accrued seasons or with seven accrued seasons; beginning in 2008-09 and for the duration of the agreement, a player age 27 with four accrued seasons or with seven accrued seasons will be an unrestricted free agent. For purposes of qualifying for unrestricted free agency, the 2004-05 cancelled season will be counted as a year of accrued service."

Thus, Huet should be an RFA.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Yep, he's the flavor of the month. We gotta re-sign him no doubt. I don't expect him to keep it up myself, but if he does, great. I still believe Theodore is the #1. Time will tell. I don't enjoy reading about people slagging Theodore myself. He's been hurt all year and the team has not been particularly good in front of him. Montreal can get like that though when we're not winning.
Theodore's not playing and we're winning...strange.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Hab at it

Quote:
Flavor of the month?
What planet do you live on where "months" last an entire hockey season? Huet has played very well since he came back from injury in November, hardly a "flavour of the month." Granted he's only been the starter for a little over a month but it doesn't take away from the fact that all year he's been better and more consistant than the $5.33 million one year wonder boy.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
What planet do you live on where "months" last an entire hockey season? Huet has played very well since he came back from injury in November, hardly a "flavour of the month." Granted he's only been the starter for a little over a month but it doesn't take away from the fact that all year he's been better and more consistant than the $5.33 million one year wonder boy.
Sorry, I should have qualified my statement a little more. I was poking fun at raketheleaves because he was calling Huet the "flavor of the month" a little while back, and I thought he was wrong.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Shabutie

I'm scared that Huet's gonna do the same thing as Potvin...Refuse sto play for a team who won't have him as number 1. He hasn't FULLY proven that he can be our number 1, but assuming Theo doesn't improve, who wouldn't be willing to take a chance?

Old
03-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Hab at it

Quote:
Oh wah, wah. there's always excuses for The(odor)e. This year it been he's been injured the entire season(ya, OK, whatever), or he's having domestic problems yadda, yadda, yadda. Last(NHL) year he was average so no one complained too much, the year before that he sucked and every excuse under the sun came out once again, ie family problems, injury etc, etc. Face the facts in 4 years he's been stellar once, average once and stunk twice. If we can get rid of him I hope we do.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Hab at it

Quote:
Sorry, I should have qualified my statement a little more. I was poking fun at raketheleaves because he was calling Huet the "flavor of the month" a little while back, and I thought he was wrong.
My mistake, that comment is thus towards him not you.

Closed Thread