Kurtis Foster

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Pilot

vCash: 500
Kurtis Foster

So,

What are his strenghts, besides the obvious rocket launcher and his mammoth 6'5 235 frame.

What are his weaknesses ?

It is my understanding that he is still a little raw, needs continued work in the defensive zone and that he doesn't use his size enough to his advantage.

However, he has put up impressive numbers and that was a wonderful pass in the Wilds last game to set up the goal on the PP.

Please let me know how you all feel about Foster, and what his upside is and where he needs to improve.

Old
03-02-2006, 01:29 PM
ceber

I'd agree with raw and continued attention to defense. I don't like that size argument. I'd buy it if that's all he had going for him, but if he's effective offensively and can hold his own defensively, I don't mind if he's not a bruiser... especially if playing that role diminishes his effectiveness elsewhere.

Potential? #4 guy?

Old
03-02-2006, 01:35 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
I'd agree with raw and continued attention to defense. I don't like that size argument. I'd buy it if that's all he had going for him, but if he's effective offensively and can hold his own defensively, I don't mind if he's not a bruiser... especially if playing that role diminishes his effectiveness elsewhere.

Potential? #4 guy?

ya

I'd say pair him with a more defensively responsible d, and you have a mighty fine tandem...he and Mitchell play well together.

Old
03-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Pilot

Quote:

Potential? #4 guy?
I guess I am just of the opinion, that if you have size and aren't using it effectively on the ice to both intimidate and shut down other players, it goes as a great assest wasted.

It seems that Foster must be on the 1st PP unit.

Old
03-02-2006, 06:42 PM
ceber

I'm of the opinion that size isn't as important as skill when it comes to intimidating and shutting down opponents. If a guy doesn't have what it takes, he doesn't have what it takes no matter how big he is. Play to your strengths. That's all.

Old
03-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Pilot

Quote:
I'm of the opinion that size isn't as important as skill when it comes to intimidating and shutting down opponents. If a guy doesn't have what it takes, he doesn't have what it takes no matter how big he is. Play to your strengths. That's all.
If being 6'5 and 235 is not a strength, then I don't know what is. It seems that Fosters weaknesses are aspects on the game that can be learned and developed though so that is a good thing.

Old
03-05-2006, 03:06 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot
If being 6'5 and 235 is not a strength, then I don't know what is. It seems that Fosters weaknesses are aspects on the game that can be learned and developed though so that is a good thing.
It is a strenght, he just uses it in a slightly different way than most people expect. I've seen him throw good crunchers along the boards, he has a very long reach. He is just not an open-ice hitter. Intimidating presence? No. But I wouldn't call him "soft" either, just because he doesn't crush people left and right.

Old
03-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Pilot

Excellent ...

who is he paired with now, and who has he been paired with the majority of the season.

It says above he was with Mitchell, now that he is gone, where does Foster fit in?

Closed Thread