Notices

Aeros report... kinda

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 08:19 PM
Hecht

vCash: 500
Aeros report... kinda

Got back from the Areos / Barons game tonight..

just some small observations..

Holmqvist did not have a good game first goal he let in was on a flip in from our blueline..it squirted right through his hands. Some of the other goals he let in were fairly soft as well.

Defense was not very good in our zone..a lot of passes were intercepted and coverage was not good at all.

Jason Marshall is on the 2nd pp unit...and I ask my self why?? there has to be a decent forward who can play the point other than marshall.

Boogard got into a fight tonight and he took a lot of head shots...oddly enough Boogard when for shots in the ribs / kidneys while doing a lot of holding. The person who he faught dropped due to exhaustion I think.

I was impressed with Matt Foy's play, I think he had 2 assists or a goal and an assist tonight..only bright spot tonight.

I apologize for the weak report but I was directly behind the baron's bench and couldn't see much except for the back of Terry Carkner

Old
10-24-2003, 08:34 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Was Marshall playing the point?

Old
10-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Hecht

yes... shooting into the chests of the opposition.. and it was the skaters not the goalie. I can see why the wild sent him down..

Old
10-24-2003, 09:03 PM
ceber

Well thanks for the info! How was the new arena? Good crowd?

Old
10-25-2003, 04:56 AM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecht
Boogard got into a fight tonight and he took a lot of head shots...oddly enough Boogard when for shots in the ribs / kidneys while doing a lot of holding. The person who he faught dropped due to exhaustion I think.
That's hilarious - Boogard gets the decision because the other guy wears himself out from all the punches he throws to Boogie's head. I guess I've underestimated that Boogard kid's fighting ability - sounds like he's a master strategist!

Thanks for the update, though - it's too bad about Holmqvist, but it's nice to hear that Foy is still on the curve.

Old
10-25-2003, 10:25 AM
CechMY5HOLEman-ek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecht
Got back from the Areos / Barons game tonight..

Jason Marshall is on the 2nd pp unit...and I ask my self why?? there has to be a decent forward who can play the point other than marshall.
I'm sure many here would like to console you concerning this, but it's difficult to do so when we've had the "pleasure" of watching him play in front of the net and on the point during Wild power plays

In a way it's nice to know Wild watchers aren't the only ones that have suffered

Old
10-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Hecht

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Well thanks for the info! How was the new arena? Good crowd?

the arena is alright..depsite the fact that we had to wait 45 minutes at the will-call window to get tickets. The agreement they have with the local super market for indvidual tickets is still a work in progress and on top of that the season-ticket holders did not receive their tickets in the mail. we got in the arena with 11 minutes to go in the first period.

Our seats were in front of 3 drunk red-necks ... I swear to god the longer the mullet the dumber the individual

Old
10-25-2003, 12:25 PM
Hecht

Quote:
Originally Posted by CechMY5HOLEman-ek!
I'm sure many here would like to console you concerning this, but it's difficult to do so when we've had the "pleasure" of watching him play in front of the net and on the point during Wild power plays

In a way it's nice to know Wild watchers aren't the only ones that have suffered
I was a season ticket holder for 2 1/2 years before moving to houston...I've seen Marshall's play... take him back :p

like I said in an earlier post..he's on the point on infront of the goalie.. his stick handling skills are attrocious.

Old
10-25-2003, 12:27 PM
Hecht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing
That's hilarious - Boogard gets the decision because the other guy wears himself out from all the punches he throws to Boogie's head. I guess I've underestimated that Boogard kid's fighting ability - sounds like he's a master strategist!

Thanks for the update, though - it's too bad about Holmqvist, but it's nice to hear that Foy is still on the curve.
I think Boogard has the Homer Simpson Syndrome.. a thick gell surrounding the skull to prevent brain trauma. (see the episode where homer becomes a boxer)

Old
10-27-2003, 04:23 PM
DW

Any word on how the game went Sunday? I had seen some ramblings at othere places. It seems the Aeros had a ton of PP time and didn't seem to take any advantage of the penalties. Seems like the game would have taken forever with all the penalties called.

Old
10-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Hecht

I couldn't make sunday's game.. I believe the wild scored first but couldn't hold the lead. Jeff Hoggan scored the only goal.

Closed Thread