HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa - Los Angeles proposal

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Captain_Cunney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup2006sensrule
I agree that trading Conroy for Havlat is a mistake. But all the Conroy like players on the Sens aren't nearly as good as Conroy himself. I like Smoke, I really do. He is a decent player with an all around game and he is liked in the dressing room but Conroy is far, far better than Smoke. If we could trade Smoke and a prospect like Bochenski and say a 2nd or 3rd round pick to get Conroy I'd do it. Conroy is awesome as a scoring/checking line centre. I could see LA passing on trading Conroy as next year or the year after he will still be a good player. But if they are wiling to go for the future and take Boch and Smoke for Conroy I am all for it.
We already have a younger version in Fisher. Any assets used to aquire Conroy would be a waste....we need a pure offensive guy more than an allround guy.

Old
03-03-2006, 05:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
This does nothing for the Kings. Conroy is a very versatile player who can play in any situation. Havlat....can't. He is simply a really good goal scorer.

Old
03-03-2006, 05:34 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Havlat....can't. He is simply a really good goal scorer.
Who was killing penalties early in the season and doing a great job at it. He's no longer a one-dimensional player, but no one seems to have noticed.

Old
03-03-2006, 05:35 PM
AvsGuy

well this got Senators fans all pissy, and given the homeristic replies, that alone was almost worth starting a thread over. I guess we'll just wait and see when the playoffs come around. I dunno, I guess I just thought that with Conroy in your line up, maybe you guys could beat the Leafs.

Old
03-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
well this got Senators fans all pissy, and given the homeristic replies, that alone was almost worth starting a thread over. I guess we'll just wait and see when the playoffs come around. I dunno, I guess I just thought that with Conroy in your line up, maybe you guys could beat the Leafs.
We had trouble scoring against the Leafs... I don't see how losing Havlat, and adding Conroy would help that.

Old
03-03-2006, 05:47 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Yes, I love it when people start threads specifically to piss off another teams fans. Keep up the great work!

Old
03-03-2006, 09:43 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Yes, I love it when people start threads specifically to piss off another teams fans. Keep up the great work!
i was being sarcastic. that was never my intention. but the end result was pretty funny! You guys definitely think the world of your own players, and the dirt on your shoes of everyone else's.

Old
03-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
i was being sarcastic. that was never my intention. but the end result was pretty funny! You guys definitely think the world of your own players, and the dirt on your shoes of everyone else's.
See, the problem with proposing trades for teams you don't follow is an inherent lack of understanding concerning their needs.

It doesn't make sense to trade away the second line offensive threat for who we seek a centre.

Old
03-03-2006, 09:55 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
You added a 2nd round pick from LA because... why?
Because we were trading down? ... Well, Ottawa is supposed to have one focus this year and we need the best team possible to achieve it.
We aren't trading down!

Old
03-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Redden Punches Faces*

Quote:
I have a new posture-pedic bead seat cover I can throw your way for Conroy. Sound good?

Closed Thread