HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is now the time to breakup this deeply flawed team?

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2006, 05:28 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
Is now the time to breakup this deeply flawed team?

We all know that this won't last. We should trade Jagr and all his friends now. Our chances of winning the cup are not that good. We should strike while the iron is hot. The rest of the league is in a slump, our 80 points is a fluke. We lucked out on Lundqvist & Prucha, etc. Our scouts were just lucky.

Or, has Jagr and his posse helped to change the whole complextion and character of this team? Did Sather & Renney & Maloney actually have a plan all along and just that some couldn't see the prospects for the trees?

I've always felt the that his acquisition was a steal and we are closer now than we may be in years. There are years when things fall into to place and this is one of them. I am not saying trade a Montoya, Stall, Immonen, Dawes, Dubinsky, Korpedo, etc. We need some fillers at the right price for B type prospects.

Old
03-03-2006, 07:39 AM
BringBackNeilSmith

In light of our humiliating defeat 1-0 at the hands of Donald Brashear last night, I have to go with this. Not only is the team poorly assembled, but Renney has to be made to pay the ultimate price for not using Hollweg and Orr as was so clearly indicated by the outcome. Wipe the slate clean, I say. How about a first line of Orr and Weller with Hollweg in the middle. Obviously tons of upside there and with this as a starting point, you GOTTA call it a TRUE rebuild!!! Grenier and Rullier as our rock'em sock'em 1st D pairing!!! All we need are the right players to be moved to NY and a management team that really understands the complete silliness of preaching team discipline and adherence to game plan. Hell, one good fight can totally disrupt that kind of wussy thinking at any time. US have discipline? Hell, no!!We'll let Colton Orr discpline THEM!!! Damn right.

Old
03-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Fletch

This seems really silly...

that's about all I can say to this thread.

Old
03-03-2006, 08:09 AM
BringBackNeilSmith

Are you implying that that's a BAD thing? Geez, Fletch, this isn't work, you know, it's supposed to be a SUBSTITUTE for work.

Old
03-03-2006, 08:19 AM
ptvnsx

vCash: 139
this is a joke right?

Old
03-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Fletch

If you've been following all season...

you'd know what Atlanta has a hard-on for the Rangers management. This is his way of saying to people - see, I told you all that you had to do was follow Sather blindly into the forest and things would be great. To me, it's mostly immature.

Old
03-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Fletch

I'm home today from work...

with my last day with pneumonia - no matter what te pneumonia thinks - so this may be my work today (although the blackberry and phone won't stop vibrating).

Old
03-03-2006, 08:54 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

I assume its Atlanta isnt too far off, these threads will start appearing once the Rangers break this winning streak.

The Rangers have no enforcer, the cant score on the PP, they can take that many penalties against the better teams in the league. This PK wont last.

Old
03-03-2006, 09:03 AM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
We all know that this won't last. We should trade Jagr and all his friends now. Our chances of winning the cup are not that good. We should strike while the iron is hot. The rest of the league is in a slump, our 80 points is a fluke. We lucked out on Lundqvist & Prucha, etc. Our scouts were just lucky.

Or, has Jagr and his posse helped to change the whole complextion and character of this team? Did Sather & Renney & Maloney actually have a plan all along and just that some couldn't see the prospects for the trees?

I've always felt the that his acquisition was a steal and we are closer now than we may be in years. There are years when things fall into to place and this is one of them. I am not saying trade a Montoya, Stall, Immonen, Dawes, Dubinsky, Korpedo, etc. We need some fillers at the right price for B type prospects.
There is a room reserved for you at the Rubber Ramada.

Old
03-03-2006, 09:04 AM
JerseyRangers

Every once in a while Atlanta has to post crap like this to make himself feel better. Pretty pathetic but if it works for him......

Closed Thread