HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver, Buffalo, Washington trade proposal

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Jasper17

vCash: 500
Vancouver, Buffalo, Washington trade proposal

To the Canucks
Marty Biron
Caps 2nd rd pick

To the Sabres
Brendan Witt
Jeff Halpern

To the Capitals
Ryan Kesler
Canucks 1st round pick

Vancouver gets themelves a goaltender, the Sabres get 2 players to help there cup run this year, and the Caps get another young, hard working player and an upgraded pick that they could use to help draft a goaltender.

Old
03-03-2006, 08:57 AM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
To the Canucks
Marty Biron
Caps 2nd rd pick

To the Sabres
Brendan Witt
Jeff Halpern

To the Capitals
Ryan Kesler
Canucks 1st round pick

Vancouver gets themelves a goaltender, the Sabres get 2 players to help there cup run this year, and the Caps get another young, hard working player and an upgraded pick that they could use to help draft a goaltender.

Biron and a 2nd isn't worth Kesler and a 1st. Bad for Vancouver.

Old
03-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Why not simplify it down to Vancouver trades a pick for Witt? Auld's gotten his legs under himself, so while he's inexperienced he's at least providing competent netminding. The blueline on the other hand, that needs some looking after after the cavalcade of injury, err the Olympics.

03-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

If you dropped the 1st round pick from the proposal altogether, it might not be bad. Two rentals and a second rounder for a very solid prospect is a darned good return for Washington as is. The first rounder was overkill.

Not sure about this from a Buffalo standpoint, but I think it would help. Biron isn't such a bad asset to give up for two rentals who can add depth for a playoff run.

Old
03-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Why not simplify it down to Vancouver trades a pick for Witt? Auld's gotten his legs under himself, so while he's inexperienced he's at least providing competent netminding. The blueline on the other hand, that needs some looking after after the cavalcade of injury, err the Olympics.
because the Caps are not looking for just a pick, Mcphee has already said that.

Old
03-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Amd

Buffalo is trading Marty for a rental DMAN and another center which they absoloutely do not need. Halpern would be 5th or 6th on the depth chart here. (Drury, Briere, Connolly, Roy all of which have more points than him {Briere considering injury}) So the deal doesn't help Buffalo at all. I really do not want Witt and his attitude.

Vancouver truly bends over to get the soap in this deal.

If Vancouver was looking to get a goalie, I feel they will want a Veteran back up because Auld is playing very well. (Roloson type player)

I think Buffalo would rather have Kessler in the deal anyways. There wold be no need to involve Washington at all.

Old
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588
If you dropped the 1st round pick from the proposal altogether, it might not be bad. Two rentals and a second rounder for a very solid prospect is a darned good return for Washington as is. The first rounder was overkill.

Not sure about this from a Buffalo standpoint, but I think it would help. Biron isn't such a bad asset to give up for two rentals who can add depth for a playoff run.

That's the problem though. Kesler is no longer a "prospect". He is a very important roster player for the Canucks; for both now and the future.

kootenayfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoz19
Biron and a 2nd isn't worth Kesler and a 1st. Bad for Vancouver.
I agree, we dont need Biron..Auld is playing well. Definatley D first and maybe a backup type to support Auld.

Old
03-03-2006, 09:13 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
because the Caps are not looking for just a pick, Mcphee has already said that.
Ok. I haven't read that yet, but it's understandable.

Vancouver and Buffalo are likely going to be looking for similar positional players right now -- the Canucks with their top 3 dinged and the Sabres looking for a depth player who could step into their top 4 in case of emergency. It seems to preclude them from being in a three-way together.

Would Canuck fans be willing to part with Kesler? Or is it Cooke or Ruutu that is likely the roster player offered up? Just wondering...

Old
03-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Tinordi24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
o part with Kesler? Or is it Cooke or Ruutu that is likely the roster player offered up? Just wondering...
I'd trade Halpern and Witt in order to get Cooke. What an underrated player he is!

Old
03-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24
I'd trade Halpern and Witt in order to get Cooke. What an underrated player he is!

Obviously no more underrated that Halpern is!

Old
03-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Johnny LaRue

vCash: 200
Quote:
To the Canucks
Marty Biron
Caps 2nd rd pick

To the Sabres
Brendan Witt
Jeff Halpern

To the Capitals
Ryan Kesler
Canucks 1st round pick

Worst trade ever for the Canucks seeing as goal tending is not our core ****ing concern.
EDIT: Oh yeah, Kesler will likely be excellent. So we won't trade him for a questionable goalie.

Old
03-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Tinordi24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Obviously no more underrated that Halpern is!
Halpern lost a step after his serious knee injury a couple years back. Since then he has been hobbled by injury after injury and has never regained that form. Never the fastest skater to begin with he is now seemingly below average. Still a warrior though.

Old
03-03-2006, 02:49 PM
borro

Quote:
To the Canucks
Marty Biron
Caps 2nd rd pick

To the Sabres
Brendan Witt
Jeff Halpern

To the Capitals
Ryan Kesler
Canucks 1st round pick

Buffalo makes out here by a bit. The Caps do well. Vancouver pays a bit too much,imho. I'd be ok with that from a Caps perspective.

Old
03-03-2006, 03:01 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
To the Canucks
Marty Biron
Caps 2nd rd pick

To the Sabres
Brendan Witt
Jeff Halpern

To the Capitals
Ryan Kesler
Canucks 1st round pick

As a Canuck fan, I MIGHT consider this if the picks were flipped (ie giving a 2nd and getting a 1st) ...although, wait a minute...Caps 1st round pick...yeah, I'd do that..

Old
03-03-2006, 03:10 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by borro
Buffalo makes out here by a bit. The Caps do well. Vancouver pays a bit too much,imho. I'd be ok with that from a Caps perspective.
LOL the Sabres make out of the deal and Washington only does well?Washington gives up the 2 least valuable assets in the deal,and get the best 2 things...terrible trade for Buffalo,an even worse one for Vancouver.

Old
03-03-2006, 03:42 PM
xtra

plus anyway I think/know Auld is better than Biron

Auld has a better Gaa and sv% as well the canucks give up their best young player/prospect and a first to downgrade in net. i don't think so

Auld: 2.83 gaa .907 sv%

Biron: 2.98 gaa .901 sv%

Old
03-03-2006, 03:44 PM
19nazzy

Kesler and a 1st for an unproven goaltender?
They already have one of those in Auld. Bad deal for Vancouver.

Old
03-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Eddie Vedder

Vancouver is included in this deal purely to get robbed.

Bad proposals should be punished with bullets to the brain.

Closed Thread