HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Seriously whats our chances?

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2006, 11:06 AM
FlyerFire

vCash: 500
Seriously whats our chances?

to go far in playoffs? With all the injuries and considering we are still near top of division.I havent been able to keep up with them as much as I'd like, so any input would be appreciated

Old
03-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Kluivert4Ever

As a Ranger fan your team without a doubt scare me the most of any team in the conference. I would absolutely hate it if you guys finish 6th in the Conference and we 3rd.

Old
03-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Lupul*

15:1 odds

Old
03-05-2006, 11:23 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

with the injury bug, lack of team defense, bad special teams, and now the inability to score, slim to none

Old
03-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellionhellion2002
to go far in playoffs? With all the injuries and considering we are still near top of division.I havent been able to keep up with them as much as I'd like, so any input would be appreciated
very simple formula.

1) start playing like we were in Nov/Dec... we can win the cup.

2) keep playing like this... first round exit.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:10 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1481
As fans of the team, we are all frustrated right now. This team can't score, the special teams are awful and the psyche of the team, due in a large part to the considerable amount of injuries, is damaged to the point where this team couldn't beat a rug. The key is to right the ship and have this team gain some momentum as the playoffs commence. In this the first few days of March, that seems like an unlikely scenario but if there is a saving grace is that there is still some time to gain confidence and a measure of winning ways

As far as predictions, who knows? How many people thought Carolina would be where they are? And the Rangers? And Buffalo? All teams vying for division titles. And is there a neutral person out there who thought all three COULD or even WOULD win those titles?

Take players like Johnsson, Primeau, Gagne, Handzus, etc. out of the lineup and the potent characteristics of this team get weakened to the degree that it is at best a mediocre one. They should be a far more competitive team than they have shown, however, and that is part of the flawed psyche of not wanting to be the player that screws up or being the reason for the latest failure.

This team has the necessary components to be formidable the rest of the season but it is only going to happen with healthy and willing bodies. Add to that players who are in uniform but probably not 100%.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 03-05-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Old
03-05-2006, 12:52 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Who knows what our chances are, we don't know which team is going to show up most nights.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:56 PM
BringBackStevens

I honestly wouldnt jump the gun on this type of evaluation until we enter the playoffs. I really do not think that our seed is very important this season. If you look at the top 8 there are 6 or 7 highly dangerous teams that can knock any team out. As long as we can continue to get healthy and make progress rebuilding our game over the course of the rest of the regular season i think we will have as good a shot as most teams in the conference.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:59 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicto10
15:1 odds
Is that the official wire Nicto? We were 4-1 in the begining.

The team needs to just wake up. Carter needs to try and the same with other younger players. Remember Carter when he used to make moves like crazt abd scored four goals im three games. His confidence is shot. We should get Gags and Zues back and have a trade done soon we got Montreal (Owns us lately) Carolina and Buffalo on tap....in other words gut check time. Cant give up though

Lets go Flyers

Old
03-05-2006, 01:00 PM
The n00b King *

the only reason you guys have been struggling so much is because of key injuries. If it wasnt for that, you wouldnt even be having this conversation.

But the spots from 6-8 are all up for grabs. Right now (for example) the Habs (which are playing the Flyers on monday) are sitting in 8th place, 5 points behind 6th place with 2 games in hand. Before Huet started being in front of the net, we were all talking about being sellers. So all im saying is, now is actually the worse time to hit a slump, and unless guys like Pitkanen and co. can come back a lot sooner than later, it's gonna be really hard for you guys. We had 2 straight months of misery when we had a bunch of injuries...

I hope your is able to pull through it, cuz id hate to see a team like the flyers falling out of contention and Toronto or Boston making it in....

Old
03-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Lupul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
Is that the official wire Nicto? We were 4-1 in the begining.

The team needs to just wake up. Carter needs to try and the same with other younger players. Remember Carter when he used to make moves like crazt abd scored four goals im three games. His confidence is shot. We should get Gags and Zues back and have a trade done soon we got Montreal (Owns us lately) Carolina and Buffalo on tap....in other words gut check time. Cant give up though

Lets go Flyers
Nope, but there are 16 teams in the playoffs, so 15:1 seems about right.

Old
03-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
As a Ranger fan your team without a doubt scare me the most of any team in the conference. I would absolutely hate it if you guys finish 6th in the Conference and we 3rd.

Um, have you watched the Flyers play in the last 2 months? You should actually be hoping to play the Flyers. The Rangers wouldn't even have to do much, just sit back, wait for the Flyers to turn the puck over, give up 2 on 1's, not hustle...Every team in the league should be wanting to play the Flyers!

Old
03-05-2006, 01:17 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicto10
Nope, but there are 16 teams in the playoffs, so 15:1 seems about right.
True that...DOUBLE TRUE

Old
03-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Synthetic

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
No, it'd be 1:14. Everyone knows the Leafs are going nowhere.

Old
03-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator
Um, have you watched the Flyers play in the last 2 months? You should actually be hoping to play the Flyers. The Rangers wouldn't even have to do much, just sit back, wait for the Flyers to turn the puck over, give up 2 on 1's, not hustle...Every team in the league should be wanting to play the Flyers!

The Flyers team we are seeing right now will not be the same team we will see in the playoffs. Sure if the playoffs started today I would not mind playing the Flyers but something tells me that they will be a different team when the playoff starts.
Remember, you dont need to play well now, so if you are gonna have spells of terrible play its better to get it out of your system now than in mid April.

Closed Thread