HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Credit Due

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 08:52 AM
Tra La La

vCash: 500
Credit Due

It kills me but. Credit is due ruff for turning around the road trip. and at 4w 4l about as well off at this point considering the schedule as possible.

Old
10-25-2003, 10:09 AM
Puddy

While things looked pretty bleak after losses to Vcr and Edm, the Sabres seem to be turning it around. They have beaten the teams that they should beat, and at least their losses have come against decent opponents.
Buffalo could sure make a statement by outgunning the Avs on Sun. It is important to win any upcoming games against teams in the bottom half of the league, and especially against teams in our own division. We have a chance to finish at least 2nd in the division, and that should be good enough to secure a playoff berth. And our .500 start to the season has come without relying on Satan. We could really grab some points if Delmore and Miro start to score. Everyone has to be thrilled with Drury, Pyatt and Briere thus far. Can they keep it up?

Old
10-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

I'm going to wait a little longer and make sure this isn't just a repeat of the first two games of last season, hopefully it is the "real" start of the season for the Sabres.

With Colorado playing tonight in Nashville, I think the Sabres could easily take advantage of the turnaround the Avs are going to deal with and win tomorrow.

Old
10-26-2003, 06:08 AM
Puddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL
According to the buffalo News suave is getting the start...so they may be able to keep it up.
If I were Coach Ruff, I would be offended by the fact that everyone around the league plays their back-up when the Sabres come to town. That should give the team lots of motivation to prove that they are not to be taken lightly. The only time the Sabres should want to face the second string guy is when they've scored 4 goals against the starter.
Apparently Sauve is starting for the Avs and hopefully we can chase him out by the third. Wishful thinking.

Old
10-26-2003, 06:13 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL
According to the buffalo News suave is getting the start...so they may be able to keep it up.

ah, Rico Sauve, excellent....

Noronen in nets for Buffalo? I don't like starting goalies back to back, though it worked this time. I certainly don't like starting the same goalie in 3 nights out of 4.

Old
10-26-2003, 12:54 PM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy
If I were Coach Ruff, I would be offended by the fact that everyone around the league plays their back-up when the Sabres come to town. That should give the team lots of motivation to prove that they are not to be taken lightly. The only time the Sabres should want to face the second string guy is when they've scored 4 goals against the starter.
Apparently Sauve is starting for the Avs and hopefully we can chase him out by the third. Wishful thinking.
How much motivation can that be when you see it every night? (Or did.)

If you need motivation to play in the NHL, there is something wrong with you, not your coach.

Old
10-26-2003, 12:55 PM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader Zim
It kills me but. Credit is due ruff for turning around the road trip. and at 4w 4l about as well off at this point considering the schedule as possible.
Honest men are always appreciated.

Still early though.

Old
10-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Puddy

[QUOTE=LALALALALALAFONTAINE]How much motivation can that be when you see it every night? (Or did.)

If you need motivation to play in the NHL, there is something wrong with you, not your coach.[/QUOTE

Ruff is in a position to definitely influence his team's level of intensity. In a perfect world, every player would earn their paycheck every night. But players, for a million different reasons, go through slumps and hot streaks. Look at Jagr, who is probably doing more harm than good for the Caps. I thought Adam Mair's hit on Palffy the other night was a huge factor in the Sabres not only winning, but dominating the score sheet.

Old
10-26-2003, 05:01 PM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Agree about Mair, but don't dismiss Peters' TKO. Those are player influenced events, though.

Coaches do affect motivation to a degree. Undoubtedly, benching Afinogenov has inspired some people. Dumont seems to be playing very well tonite.

As for benching Tallinder and Campbell, I think some of that is giving us 3 defensemen who can play on the right side. However....Patrick cannot do this every night, due to age. And Delmore will have his defensive lapses.

In terms of motivation thru backup goaltender, you can't use the same reason every night, otherwise it gets old fast.

Closed Thread