HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Utter nonsense Booby Clarke

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2006, 11:11 AM
teamzherdev

vCash: 500
Utter nonsense Booby Clarke

Quote:
Flyers general manager Bob Clarke believes that strict enforcement of obstruction rules in the NHL this season has increased the chance of players getting injured. "There are some really big men playing these days, and when they get a head of steam, they can do some damage," Clarke said. Flyers center Keith Primeau will not return this season because of a concussion. Flyers defensemen Kim Johnsson and Chris Therien are sidelined with post-concussion syndrome. Defenseman Eric Desjardins and centers Mike Richards and Jeff Carter also missed games because of head injuries.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer

Maybe if the freakin' flyers worked on skating (and heck....stopping) instead of buying new players every offseason this wouldnt be an issue. This has got to be one of the dumbest statements I have ever heard a GM make...and Booby has made more than his fair in Philly.

Old
03-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Jag68Sid87

I agree. And I might add that Primeau was concussed on a hit by a player significantly smaller than him, Alexander Perezhogin of Montreal.

This just sounds like a GM whose master plan is going up in flames.

Old
03-03-2006, 12:41 PM
PenaltyShots

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamzherdev
Maybe if the freakin' flyers worked on skating (and heck....stopping) instead of buying new players every offseason this wouldnt be an issue. This has got to be one of the dumbest statements I have ever heard a GM make...and Booby has made more than his fair in Philly.
No kidding. Maybe they should get more skilled players instead of big guys who can't skate. More fun to watch too!

Closed Thread