HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rumor Roundup from TSN

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Art Vandelay

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Rumor Roundup from TSN

-The Arizona Republic indicates that the Coyotes might be inclined to deal LW Mike Johnson, C Mike Comrie, RW Tyson Nash and D Paul Mara, all of whom have been part of the Coyotes' past struggles. Veteran LW Geoff Sanderson is also mentioned in possible deals. Defencemen Denis Gauthier and Derek Morris both will be free agents at season's end and the paper suggests it's possible they could be moved, as could veteran Sean O'Donnell, who is under contract for another year. Vancouver, Los Angeles and Nashville are considered to be seeking defensive help.

- Curtis Joseph remains the most likely Coyote to move, says the Arizona Republic. Edmonton or Ottawa could have interest, according to the paper. The paper also mentions Vancouver and and unnamed Pacific Division opponent having interest in Cujo.

- Perhaps optimistic, the Palm Beach Post wonders about the Panthers getting Senators RW Martin Havlat or Flames D Jordan Leopold in exchange for C Olli Jokinen as the trade deadline approaches. The Miami Herald says that Jokinen is apparently seeking $6-million per season on his new deal when he hits the free agent market.

- If Jokinen doesn't land in Ottawa, reports out of Ottawa have added Penguins RW Mark Recchi into the mix as a possible addition. Recchi tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that he's willing to move, but only if the Penguins get something tangible in return. The Tribune-Review reports that Recchi's contract status is actually quite desirable -- 2006-2007 features a two-way option: The team holding Recchi's rights could retain him by agreeing to pay him $2,228,000, and Recchi could trigger the option by agreeing to play for $760,000.

- According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Penguins LW John LeClair could attract some interest on the trade market, particularly because he's picked up his play recently (6-6-12, plus-2 in the last 11 games).

- The Flyers are rumoured to be after Tkachuk or Columbus forwards David Vyborny or Jan Hrdina, according to Phillyburbs.com.

- Coyotes RW Shane Doan and Islanders RW Mark Parrish are possible targets for the Flyers as well, according to the Delaware County Times. Sticking with Doan, the Arizona Republic suggests that the Senators may have interest. Wayne Gretzky has made it pretty clear that he considers Doan a part of the Coyotes' future, however.

- The Edmonton Sun, while saying that the Oilers would be willing to move a first-round pick to get the right goaltender, also has the club looking at grinders like Phoenix's Tyson Nash, St. Louis' Dallas Drake and Chicago's Jim Dowd.

- According to the St. Petersburg Times, the Lightning are looking to deal a prospect or prospects for a defenceman, but GM Jay Feaster says, at this point, teams want more proven players in return.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=156928&hubname=nhl

Old
03-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

vCash: 855
Depending on the minute, either everyone on the Coyotes or none are available.

Old
03-03-2006, 12:29 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
If the Sens can't get Jokinen, I'd love for them to go get Marc Recchi. I wonder how he'd enjoy playing on a line with Havlat...

Old
03-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
whose cheaper, LeClair or Recchi? Recchi is a more of a playmaker, right? We should just put Fisher at Centre.

Old
03-03-2006, 12:34 PM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frea_K
whose cheaper, LeClair or Recchi? Recchi is a more of a playmaker, right? We should just put Fisher at Centre.
LeClair is cheaper I believe. But Recchi is generally more productive.

Old
03-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Egil

Whats Comrie's contract status? He is a name I havn't thought of.

Old
03-03-2006, 12:59 PM
davemess

LeClair would be more of a role player addition for a team needing a big body for the PP and 3rd line.

Recchi is the Penguin available who could make a significant contribution to a playoff club, he is a top 6 forward still........ 21 Goals, 53 points this season is very respectable on the low scoring Penguins. He could really help a club....... he seems to be more prepared to be traded now, provided the Penguins are getting something significant in return.

Old
03-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Amd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote
Depending on the minute, either everyone on the Coyotes or none are available.
I think that it is all media hyped BS. I do not see the Yotes moving Doan. They will not get the return they need for his leadership.

Old
03-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion of the North
- According to the St. Petersburg Times, the Lightning are looking to deal a prospect or prospects for a defenceman, but GM Jay Feaster says, at this point, teams want more proven players in return.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=156928&hubname=nhl
What kind of prospect(s) would Tampa be looking to move, and would they have any interest in either Weinrich or Salvador?

P_B

Old
03-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Bluesman

Why on earth would the Sens give up Havlat to rent Jokinen for the rest of the year?

Old
03-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:

- If Jokinen doesn't land in Ottawa, reports out of Ottawa have added Penguins RW Mark Recchi into the mix as a possible addition. Recchi tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that he's willing to move, but only if the Penguins get something tangible in return. The Tribune-Review reports that Recchi's contract status is actually quite desirable -- 2006-2007 features a two-way option: The team holding Recchi's rights could retain him by agreeing to pay him $2,228,000, and Recchi could trigger the option by agreeing to play for $760,000.
Hmmm? Is Recchi like a part owner of the Pens all of a sudden?
What would he care about the return the Pens get?
Weird.

Old
03-03-2006, 01:53 PM
bert

What would it take to get Comrie out of Pheonix?

Old
03-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Kaizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSN.ca
- According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Penguins LW John LeClair could attract some interest on the trade market
o rly ?

Old
03-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egil
Whats Comrie's contract status? He is a name I havn't thought of.
I don't know but he is a guy I'd be interested in also. If the price for the Jokinen's is too high, it wouldn't be a bad move to sacrifice less and give him a shot. He'd certainly be better than any of the options we have now (excluding Fish, i like him where he is).

Playing with Havlat under Murray (who doesn't mind letting offensive players be offensive) could be exactly what the Dr. order for little Mike......I'm convinced.

Old
03-03-2006, 02:37 PM
GoBoltz56
Mantha's Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue
What kind of prospect(s) would Tampa be looking to move, and would they have any interest in either Weinrich or Salvador?

P_B

Just a guess, but I'd assume Mike Egener, Doug O'brien, Adam Henrich, Gerard Dicaire, maybe Gerald Coleman would be the available prospects. The untouchables would be Lascek, Kvapil, Keller, Jones, Smolenak, Ranger, Craig, Artyukhin and Smaby.

Old
03-03-2006, 02:40 PM
thunder

Recchi/LeClair for Ottawa. I think LeClair would fit in better. Ottawa needs role players for cheap, not wanting to deal a roster player or mortgage the future. LeClair would be cheap...and dumped.

Old
03-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney
I don't know but he is a guy I'd be interested in also. If the price for the Jokinen's is too high, it wouldn't be a bad move to sacrifice less and give him a shot. He'd certainly be better than any of the options we have now (excluding Fish, i like him where he is).

Playing with Havlat under Murray (who doesn't mind letting offensive players be offensive) could be exactly what the Dr. order for little Mike......I'm convinced.
Comrie signed a 2 year deal in August '04 and makes $1.748 this year. He will be a RFA I believe. While it says he may be available I can't see the Yotes dealing him too cheaply. He is an skilled although still somewhat inconsistent offensive player on a team that doesn't score well. He got 3 points last night playing with Doan for the first time in awhile.

What would you offer?

Old
03-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Quote:
The paper also mentions Vancouver and and unnamed Pacific Division opponent having interest in Cujo.
Gee, I wonder what team that could be

Old
03-03-2006, 04:37 PM
hockeytown9321

Quote:
- Curtis Joseph remains the most likely Coyote to move, says the Arizona Republic. Edmonton or Ottawa could have interest, according to the paper. The paper also mentions Vancouver and and unnamed Pacific Division opponent having interest in Cujo.
Cujo and Dom reunited? As Gorilla Monsoon would say, highly unlikely.

Old
03-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Verbeek
Human see, human do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto
Hmmm? Is Recchi like a part owner of the Pens all of a sudden?
What would he care about the return the Pens get?
Weird.
I think he says that because A) He doesn't really want to leave. (his family and permanent residence is here. and B) Maybe he actually cares? (I have no reason for this other than maybe: reason A + He's friends with Lemieux + That gives him an extra excuse not to leave)

As a pens fan, I don't wan't him to leave either, although his contract would allow him to rejoin the pens after the season if craig patrick is still the GM.

Old
03-03-2006, 04:52 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
I'll gladly take Recchi back.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
03-03-2006, 04:56 PM
phlacheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I'll gladly take Recchi back.

I would as well, and i think that would be a great scenario for the flyers.

Old
03-03-2006, 06:18 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
Gee, I wonder what team that could be
who? i have no idea? SJ?

Old
03-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBoltz56
Just a guess, but I'd assume Mike Egener, Doug O'brien, Adam Henrich, Gerard Dicaire, maybe Gerald Coleman would be the available prospects. The untouchables would be Lascek, Kvapil, Keller, Jones, Smolenak, Ranger, Craig, Artyukhin and Smaby.
Salvador for Henrich and a fifth-round pick in '06 or '07... that might work.

P_B

Old
03-03-2006, 07:43 PM
GoBoltz56
Mantha's Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue
Salvador for Henrich and a fifth-round pick in '06 or '07... that might work.

P_B

Doesn't sound too bad. Sounds like Tampa has kind of given up on Henrich.

Closed Thread