HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Streit and Huet gone in 07???

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2006, 04:10 PM
frolov_kovalev*

vCash: 500
Streit and Huet gone in 07???

At the beginning of the season people (talk, blogs, tsn) were saying that Streit and Huet are heading To Switzerland for next season, Apparently Huet's wife is swiss (not sure) and Streit is swiss (duh).

1)Streit has said that he finds NHL hockey "tough" (the Gazette) and that it would be logical if he returns to Switzerland (he's a local star).

2)Unless Huet is re-signed by the Habs I doubt that he'll stay in the NHL (he is 31) so maybe because his wife is swiss and wants him to go back to her country.

These are just theories, not true, no links, no "inside rumors".

Discuss.

Old
03-03-2006, 04:13 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

I don't think Huet's going to do that,
Steit, well isn't playing here, so who care?

Old
03-03-2006, 04:18 PM
T-Bo41

Before this season, I could see Huet returning to Europe but now that he's found some success, hopefully he will stay.

Old
03-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I do believe that when Huet was just about ready to come back from his injury, he did state something like "I don't really see a future for myself in Montreal beyond this year," that being due to the presence of Theodore and Danis here.

However, with the way things have worked out, it wouldn't surprise me if Gainey trades Theodore this Summer, and gives the #1 job to Huet for next year, with Danis as the back-up.

I certainly don't think Cristobal has ruled out staying in Montreal, but it all really depends on Gainey's master plan.

Old
03-03-2006, 04:21 PM
CalHabFan

Huet, please stay...

Old
03-03-2006, 04:30 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

I think I read somewhere that Streit was hoping to stick in NA for next year. I guess Huet will get an offer good enough for him to stay.

Can't really pay over one million for a backup though so if Theo stays Danis will probably be backup next year. (unless he has an amazing playoff run)

Old
03-03-2006, 04:30 PM
TornACL

Mark Streit will probably go, but Cristobal is here to stay

Old
03-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Artyukhin*

why would huet leave?

he got the whole bell center chanting his name
and a big @#$@# pay raise coming

maybe when he got snubbed at the start of the season he was feeling down , but now he got he entire city of montreal behind him and on his back .

bring theo back get him thru training camp then deal him

end of story there is life after theo

Old
03-03-2006, 04:41 PM
wholeshow*

im scared to see the type of money huet might demand for us to retain his services. what if he leads us to the conference finals or even further? would we be able to afford him? he's one of the major reasons why we're sitting in a playoff position right now.

Old
03-03-2006, 04:52 PM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholefnshow
im scared to see the type of money huet might demand for us to retain his services. what if he leads us to the conference finals or even further? would we be able to afford him? he's one of the major reasons why we're sitting in a playoff position right now.
Huet has comparable stats to what Theo had in his miracle year. Yeah he will play less games and will not get all the awards but he is playing in a harder NHL for goalies. I wouldn't be surprised if he asks +3 millions if he continues to have success in the playoffs.

Old
03-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Assuming Huet is a UFA this summer (I read somewhere that he wasn't eligible for unrestricted free-agency as he did not play 4 years in the NHL, but if someone knows better please tell me so), he could reap a good price IMHO on the market, maybe 2M or more for a few years. He could never do this kind of money in Switzerland, so this may convince him to stay a few years longer.

As for him signing with the habs... we have the advantage of being the only french-speaking NHL franchise, but who knows. If Theodore isn't traded during the offseason, it's going to be hard to tell Danis to stay in the AHL (and Halak in ECHL) one year longer when one is clearly ready for the backup position and the other may also be in two years.

Old
03-03-2006, 05:03 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark1
Huet has comparable stats to what Theo had in his miracle year. Yeah he will play less games and will not get all the awards but he is playing in a harder NHL for goalies. I wouldn't be surprised if he asks +3 millions if he continues to have success in the playoffs.
i have no problem with forking over 3 million to huet, but the problem is theo. 8.3 million invested in goaltending?
who in the right frame of mind would want theodore?

Old
03-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholefnshow

huet strikes me as a fair guy ...not the im goona hold a gun to your head like theodore tatics...

1.5 million area if he takes us into the playoffs if he takes us deep likje kippersouff 2 million plus and goodbye theo...

what he is making now is a discrase.. 456,000....

funny even huet's back up danis is making $985,000

poor huet

Old
03-03-2006, 05:06 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
huet strikes me as a fair guy ...not the im goona hold a gun to your head like theodore tatics...

1.5 million area if he takes us into the playoffs

i hope so, huet also doesn't have that chump don meehan as an agent.

Old
03-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolov_kovalev
2)Unless Huet is re-signed by the Habs I doubt that he'll stay in the NHL (he is 31) so maybe because his wife is swiss and wants him to go back to her country.
Sure, why would a team sign a goaltender that had success in two different teams?

Old
03-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie

1.5 million area if he takes us into the playoffs if he takes us deep likje kippersouff 2 million plus and goodbye theo...

funny even huet's back up danis is making $985,000

poor huet
His payday will come, especially if he continues to play this well.

Old
03-03-2006, 05:10 PM
jcpenny

If we keep Huet Theo is as good as gone. We cant keep both, it will be too much money for 2 goalies.

Old
03-03-2006, 05:14 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
His payday will come, especially if he continues to play this well.
i hope so, he seems to be a really good guy.
kinda like yanic perreault (who is also grossly underpaid).

Old
03-03-2006, 05:14 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

We traded Garon for this exact same reason.
If Huet wants to be a #1 Bob will be happy to oblige him and trade him to a team looking for a goalie. Like it or not we have a #1 already and as long as he is here we are not paying 8M$ in goalies next year, I can promise you that.

If Huet wants to be a backup, Bob will offer him under 1M$ if he wants more, we have Danis who is more than adequate as backup.

If Theo leaves Huet might get a little over one million but I doubt anyone wants Theo and I'm sure no one would give us an adequate return and I'm even more convinced that Gainey will keep Theo and that he will probably retire a Hab.

Remember that everything we say about Huet we said about Garon and look what happened.

I'm not saying this is good or bad but this is what will happen with Gainey. This is how he has worked in the past and nothing indicates he will change.

Edit : Oh, you know how people say Theo only had a good half-season. Huet still has a way to go to even half a good quarter of a season.

Old
03-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
If we keep Huet Theo is as good as gone. We cant keep both, it will be too much money for 2 goalies.
I'm willing to bet Theodore will be traded in the offseason.

Old
03-03-2006, 05:17 PM
RC51

If Huet does not explode in the next month, he would have proved he can do the job as #1. This for what? 456k. Even if he askes for double at 1 mill his wife would be very happy. Danis can back-up, he is due to move up. It's Theo that is on the out. The Habs will give Theo one last chance for sure, but he MUST bring his 5mill game to the table or it's over.
The Habs can use the money very well elsewhere ( offence ) or a top D.

It's time Theo brings his 5 mill "A" game, if he has lost it then the Habs should lose him. Gainey won't publicly say all this, Gainey does not want to drive the Value or Theo down, but WOW there is a sign in the sky from here to China.

Old
03-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
i dont wanna get ahead of myself here .

but if huet continues to play well and shines in the playoffs taking us 2 or 3 rounds deep

then what? the calgary flames was faced with the same senerio that year. no one in there right mind would have let kipper get away after that run he put together . bob has some big choices coming up ones he probally thought he would never have to make.

like retaining huet

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 03-03-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old
03-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1200
Look at Buffalo they did hold on Biron forever , his value was something like a 4th rounders and now there are rumours about Brendan Morrison . I think we should keep em both , Danis can be protected and play in the AHL next season if im not mistaken .

Then at some point in the season some goalies will struggles/suffer injuries and teams will be looking for someone .

Old
03-03-2006, 08:46 PM
frolov_kovalev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
I'm willing to bet Theodore will be traded in the offseason.
We have been betting that all year long!

Old
03-03-2006, 09:33 PM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornACL
Mark Streit will probably go, but Cristobal is here to stay
agreed.

Closed Thread