HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jagr - 1400 points

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2006, 03:38 PM
easton1099

vCash: 500
Jagr - 1400 points

I'm not sure if it was mentioned during the game( I did not see it) or game-day thread but, whichever of Jagr's points came last in the game was his 1400th point.

Old
03-03-2006, 03:53 PM
GuloGulo

Best euro pointwise ever then by passing Jari Kurri the Legend.

Only 67 points left to reach Mikita, leading the european BORN players (he grew in Canada).

Impressive. A few more good seasons, 2-3 would do it, and he'll be up among the Bourques and Coffeys. It's a big jump to the Mario level, ~1720 points, but he COULD do it if he stat pads a few seasons.

Old
03-03-2006, 04:16 PM
xander

I know he's 33, but I can't say I've ever seen Jagr play better. I know he was flashier in his youth, but when you consider that he's leading the league in points, without another big time offensive player on the team, it's damn impressive.

Old
03-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Czech Your Math

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander
I know he's 33, but I can't say I've ever seen Jagr play better. I know he was flashier in his youth, but when you consider that he's leading the league in points, without another big time offensive player on the team, it's damn impressive.
He was a bit faster with the Penguins, but he's got that slap shot now... I don't think he's played much better AND smarter than this season.

Old
03-03-2006, 04:52 PM
shoothepuck

During the game they showed him giving the puck to one of the trainers to put a sticker on it with 1400. Way to go Jagr.

Old
03-03-2006, 09:41 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Not to take anything away from Jagr, he IS the man, but Marty Straka should be considered a big time offensive player, 49 assist (tied for 3rd in the league with Jagr) and in the top 20 in scoring with 61 points.

Old
03-03-2006, 09:47 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2
Not to take anything away from Jagr, he IS the man, but Marty Straka should be considered a big time offensive player, 49 assist (tied for 3rd in the league with Jagr) and in the top 20 in scoring with 61 points.

Straka is a complimentary piece. He has skills and fills a nice role on the top line, but he's not the kind of player that drives a line. Straka plays well with Jagr, I've yet to see him suceed on his own.

Old
03-03-2006, 10:05 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Straka is a complimentary piece. He has skills and fills a nice role on the top line, but he's not the kind of player that drives a line. Straka plays well with Jagr, I've yet to see him suceed on his own.
Yea, I agree totally on what your saying. But I am just saying that anyone that is 3rd in the league in assists and top 20 in points I would consider him a big time player (when teamed up with Jagr of course.)

Closed Thread