HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Something just hit me.......

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2006, 04:38 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Something just hit me.......

and it wasn't Jester's fist (yet.....hahaha). I was actually thinking that the season is salvagable and they Flyers might just destroy everyone in the playoffs. Check it out. Hitchcock is a genius. That's right, a genius. First of all, this team was an overconfident bunch and preseason interviews and stuff just showed how overconfident they were. So, they get beat up a bit for the first few games and then in mid-November, they begin to turn it up a bit. They start winning. What happens? The cocky attitudes come back and the hard work gets put on the backburner. They lose a couple of more and then injuries hit. Out of desperation, everyone on the team starts listening to Hitch again. What happens? They go on that magical run where they simply became known as the Road Warriors (great movie, great tag team, great comparison). However, that magical run starts bringing back bad habits. What happens? The team goes into a slump. This time though, the slump is really prolonged.

I thought about why Hitchcock would ever allow his team to be in such a prolonged slump and then it hit me. He wants to break everyone on the team to the point where they become so desperate, they're willing to do anything to win. I bet this slump ends around the second week of March and they start to roll again after that and then go into the playoffs on a big run. Eventually, the Beasts from the Easts will return and stomp a mudhole in the @$$e$ of every other team in the playoffs. I really think now they might just pull this off. Everbody, welcome back our much beloved and missed.......TEAM TURMOIL!!!!!! Damn, who'd have thought that I would miss the days of Team Turmoil. It worked too and that's what's crazier. Yep, I've got a good feeling we're Cup bound.

Old
03-06-2006, 05:59 AM
dalessam

Send a message via AIM to dalessam
... If you ask me it's just a funk. Everyone has them. It happens. Sheesh.

Old
03-06-2006, 06:05 AM
Philly Flyer Fan*

This is what you call.............the past catching up with you!

1.) The injury riddled season has finally taken it's toll
2.) Inproper line combinations (ie - Carter, Richards playing with goats)
3.) Hitch's defiance in the willingness to play the proper goalie (ie - Niitty )

Old
03-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Flyer Fan
This is what you call.............the past catching up with you!

1.) The injury riddled season has finally taken it's toll
2.) Inproper line combinations (ie - Carter, Richards playing with goats)
3.) Hitch's defiance in the willingness to play the proper goalie (ie - Niitty )
Esche has NOT been the problem of late.

Old
03-06-2006, 09:04 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Flyer Fan
I like Niitty as much as the next guy, but he's 1-9 in his last 10 games.

In 2003-04 the team had a stretch where they won just 3 of 18 games, and we know how that turned out. A little patience is all that's needed.

Old
03-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan

In 2003-04 the team had a stretch where they won just 3 of 18 games, and we know how that turned out. A little patience is all that's needed.
i agree... but this is philly.

it'll be alright... we need to get our roster back together for the most part and play 5+ games as a team and i think it will make a world of difference.

Old
03-06-2006, 10:06 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Yeah Baby!

Old
03-06-2006, 10:35 AM
dusty411

i think a trade not a big one just enough to shake this team will do it

Old
03-06-2006, 10:59 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty411
i think a trade not a big one just enough to shake this team will do it
I think it'll be three small ones.

Like Recchi, Drake, and Wienrich.

Old
03-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

I love the collective emotional rollercoaster that the great fans on this board take. One day we're all doom and gloom, Hitch has lost the team, we'll never get out of the funk etc. The next day, ahh we'll get out of it, it happens every year!

I don't have a point. It's just nice to share the same emotions with so many people!

Old
03-07-2006, 07:11 AM
priceperlb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan

I was just thinking about that the other day! I believe they failed to score first in most, if not all, those games as well.

Unfortunately they won't have Primeau in the playoffs. I hear Recchi may be coming back which should lead to a lot of him getting pinched off along the boards every time he carries the puck into the zone, and if Hitch is dumb enough to put him on the point on the PP we can watch him chasing players down the ice after he hits them in the legs with the puck. If they want someone who is past their prime AND a former Flyer, why not JR? At least he'll bring back Disco Night in the locker room and loosen these guys up!

Old
03-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceperlb
I was just thinking about that the other day! I believe they failed to score first in most, if not all, those games as well.

Unfortunately they won't have Primeau in the playoffs. I hear Recchi may be coming back which should lead to a lot of him getting pinched off along the boards every time he carries the puck into the zone, and if Hitch is dumb enough to put him on the point on the PP we can watch him chasing players down the ice after he hits them in the legs with the puck. If they want someone who is past their prime AND a former Flyer, why not JR? At least he'll bring back Disco Night in the locker room and loosen these guys up!

Dito!

Old
03-07-2006, 07:27 PM
mdm815

The emotional coaster is what makes being a flyers fan great. Honestly, we're the only city that puts ourselves thru this year after year, but its something only we philly fans have. God I love this town

Old
03-07-2006, 07:44 PM
FearTheFlyers

I just stop reading this board whenever the Flyers are slumping. I hate the negativity.

Old
03-07-2006, 07:45 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
While I don't agree with the conspiracy theory (too much of a cynic), I do think that this stretch will end up being good for the team assuming that they come out of it which I think they will.

They have been humbled. They've been humiliated on home ice and they've been dominated on the road. They've had all sorts of injuries and they've had to play with Brashear. These guys have been through a whole lot. I think that eventually, this will bind them together. It's times like this that make or break teams. If the Flyers can stay together, I can really see them having a special year.

That being said, I still think a couple trades would be very good at the deadline.

And I still think that Nitty should be the starter. The first 3 goals on Esche I could understand, but I thought that the Souray one was weak.

Closed Thread