*welcomes mattias weinhandl to the Wild Covenant*

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2006, 02:23 AM
HoCk4307

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders4Life
One day the Islander fans will have a class action suit against Milbury and all of our prized possesions including Weinhandl Luongo Spezza and Chara will be brought back to the Island
Please do me a favor and look up some numbers before posting things like that. take a look at what weinhandl and chara did while they were on long island. Chara was a -61 as an islander. Now maybe thats due to poor coaching i dont know. the fact that he is on a power house in ottawa helps.

As for weinhandl hes been a 20 point a year scorer, with some upside , problem is lately he can't catch a pass its always bounching off his stick. If the wild can get him his confidence back and he stops playing scared you'll have a good player.

While i would love to still luongo in an islander jersey and i think he is capable of being a top 5 goalie in the league, I can understand why mike drafted rick. and at that point you couldnt have both without hurting one of the 2. If rick comes around mike will look like a genious for having the guts to make a call like that.

Spezza was a wild card. is he a good player absolutely. would he be putting up the points hes putting up if he wasn,t on a line with alfredsson and heatley I highly doubt it. This kid has nothing on Ovechkin then again Ovechkin is a once every 10+ years type of player.

Since this is a wild board I do think you have upgraded over daigle. get weinhandl to sork on his strength and his confidence and i think you'll have a solid 2nd liner

Old
03-12-2006, 05:14 AM
boredmale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoCk4307
Chara was a -61 as an islander. Now maybe thats due to poor coaching i dont know.
Could be that the Islanders were a glorified AHL team while he was there due to bad ownership. To this day i have no regreat the Islanders made the Chara for Yashin trade though, it was a trade that needed to be done, it's the contract i hate.

As for Weinhandl i agree with your assesssment i think he has potential to be a solid 2nd liner.

Closed Thread