HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-season idea...

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2006, 07:53 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Off-season idea...

I tossed this out on the trade board...

What about a deal centered around Marleau and Timonen?

We've got defensemen in spades, the Sharks have another expensive center in Thornton. It addresses big needs for both teams...obviously, some seasoning could be tossed in(perhaps one of our second tier prospects) to suit everyone's tastes.

Thoughts?

Old
03-04-2006, 08:34 PM
handtrick

Definitely would address both teams needs.

I think this type of trade would be high on Poile's possiblity short list for the offseason. Marleau would be a perfect fit.

Timonen's value is as high as it will be and his use to us will be on the decline as our young dmen mature. Would have liked to seen Suter or Hammer gain a more prominent role on the 2nd PP unit this year to gain some PP seasoning, and that is one of the few reasons that I can see that Poile would be hesitant to give up Timonen. Now that Weber is up...with his canon from the point....he might not be out of the question to get more PP time.

I think with Radulov with a strong chance to play top 2 line wing next year, Walker may be the other offseason commodity that may be an option for the offseason...probably not for the Sharks and Marleau, but maybe in another team's direction, if the UFA avenue doesn't yield fruit on the 1st line center front.

Old
03-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I tossed this out on the trade board...

What about a deal centered around Marleau and Timonen?

We've got defensemen in spades, the Sharks have another expensive center in Thornton. It addresses big needs for both teams...obviously, some seasoning could be tossed in(perhaps one of our second tier prospects) to suit everyone's tastes.

Thoughts?
Was watching the Satellite Hotstove during the Leafs-Sens game and Drew Remenda (Sharks Color Guy) said that the Sharks are definitely not going to trade Marleau at all

Old
03-04-2006, 11:55 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
Was watching the Satellite Hotstove during the Leafs-Sens game and Drew Remenda (Sharks Color Guy) said that the Sharks are definitely not going to trade Marleau at all

Oh, I don't disagree...but it also stands to reason that Drew Ramenda can't really make statements like that.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:07 PM
dulzhok

Value-wise, this is close (slight edge to SJ).

But, I don't see either team doing it. SJ addresses a huge need, then creates another huge hole.

While I'd gladly take Marleau, I don't think he's the ideal Predator. Streaky, at times lazy, and virtually no defense.

I feel that Timonen is the last defenseman we should be trading. If we lose Markov this offseason, we're left with just Zidlicky and Timonen as vet dmen. If we then trade Kimmo, Zidlicky is are only veteran defenseman. That's just scary.

Old
03-05-2006, 06:24 PM
muddycreek*

Dump Trotz!

Old
03-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Pred Head

I would give up Zidlicky long before Timonen...then again, I'm not David Poile.

Old
03-06-2006, 02:46 PM
PredsMan

Timonen>Zidlicky

I'd keep Kimmo 10 out of 10 times

Old
03-06-2006, 04:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsMan
Timonen>Zidlicky

I'd keep Kimmo 10 out of 10 times

Do you see us re-signing Kimmo, though? When he already makes close to 3 million per, and will likely require 4-4.5 to resign? I don't, and of course Timonen is better than Zidlicky...but you have to give to get. As is, if we were pitching Timonen for Marleau, we'd probably STILL have to throw in a Pivko\Laakso caliber prospect. We'd still be on the winning end of the deal.

Closed Thread