HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Team

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2006, 11:38 AM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

vCash: 500
AHL Team

I have been reading that alot of ppl are mad about sharing a nhl team with edmonton and that information is from montreals forum and i came up with the following

Question:

Someone mentioned to get a farm team and stop sharing so i decided to make edmonton and detroit share a farm team and give montreal the sole ownership of hamilton. I need help with the following:

1. The help i need more is what players should be on the farm team any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
2. Also need 3-4 rival clubs for them to rival with

Last edited by HamiltonOHL: 03-05-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old
03-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
am I missing something? you're going to force Edmonton prospects to play in Grand Rapids?

Old
03-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

I'm confused.

Old
03-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

W
T
F
?
?
?

Old
03-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan850
I have been reading that alot of ppl are mad about sharing a nhl team with edmonton and that information is from montreals forum and i came up with the following

Question:

Someone mentioned to get a farm team and stop sharing so i decided to make edmonton and detroit share a farm team and give montreal the sole ownership of hamilton. I need help with the following:

1. The help i need more is what players should be on the farm team any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
2. Also need 3-4 rival clubs for them to rival with

Well, the Hamilton Bulldogs are owned by the Montreal Canadiens... So I would keep the team in Hamilton (well I would right now... I like the idea of Quebec City more, however I think they want an NHL team back), and still retain the name 'Bulldogs'.

To answer your second question... I think the AHL would do very well to match up teams as closely as possible to their NHL compatriots... so 4 rival clubs which would be: Rochester (Amerks), Binghampton (Senators), Toronto (Marlies), and Providence (Bruins).

As to your first question... if we were to sign everyone we needed to sign, and bring them to play in Hamilton... we would not need any other team's rookies to play for us.. Fact is fact, and we cannot be giving potential first line NHL'ers 2/3 line minutes in the AHL, and giving another team's prospects first line minutes.. It's ********, and it's wrong.

Old
03-05-2006, 01:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

The Habs have 1 more year on their contract with Hamilton, then they have a 5 year option if they want to stay or not. So the Habs will be in Hamilton next year, who knows if they share a team or not.

Guys that are under contract and don't need to pass through waivers, Kostitsyn, Locke, Lappierre, Lambert, Lemieux, Sanford, Benoit, Halak, Urquhart, Bonneau.

Guys that could or will be signed to fight for a spot, Chipchura, Stewart, Aubin, D'Agostini, Gleed, Lacasse, Dulac. I personally don't think Lacasse gets signed, not likely for Dulac either imo but we are short on D prospects, Gleed I hope is signed but we'll have to see.

Guys that could return to the Dogs, Archer, Cote, Michaud, Milroy, Aitken, Paul, Ivanans, Vandy. I'm guessing Paul won't be back since he hasn't seen any action in months, just guessing. Don't know if they will bring Vandy back either but we got to have some vets.

Guys that could be signed but don't have to be, Emelin, Korpikari, Grabovsky, Heino-Lindberg. Korneev and Linhart need to be signed or we lose their rights, so we'll know soon if they will be given a look or not.

Then there's always some free agents and overagers. We've signed Michaud, Danis, Cote, Sanford, Lemeiux, Benoit, over the last 3+ years, so I got to think we'll pick up one or two more guys.

Old
03-05-2006, 02:04 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

the only reason Montreal accepted to share the team again, it's because this year they where a little short in # of player in AHL, and they already had shared with Edmonton in the past,

the deal was just for one year,

Edmonton would probably found a new city for the Road Runner(they need to) and Montreal will have some new player for next year (6 to potentially 14 new players)

Old
03-05-2006, 02:11 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

thanks ghost #1 for the list of rivals and montreal Moderator for the list of players to bring to hamilton next yr thanks.. i will let you people know how my team roster is doing.. when u mention dogs u mean bulldogs or ice dogs

Old
03-05-2006, 02:21 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Bulldogs

Closed Thread