HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Classless Brodeur is at it again

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2006, 11:15 AM
  #1
natureboy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
Classless Brodeur is at it again

Did anyone see in yesterday's post the comment he made that "it's about time they found someone to compete with me and Ricky (rick Dipetro)" Another classy comment by a man with no class. Every time there is a Ranger-Devil game he always makes a snide comment especially when asked about messier or 94,97. It always brings a smile to me though because obviously he is annoyed by us and our organization.

natureboy* is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 11:23 AM
  #2
BigE
Registered User
 
BigE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
How is it classless? How does it even offend you?

BigE is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 11:28 AM
  #3
natureboy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
It's class less because he comments negatively on messier, richter, Roy and repeatedly on these great players. There was no reason for him to put down messier and his accomplishments and there is no reason for him to comment on our goaltending situation. Plus he is wrong because WE usually beat Dipetro.

natureboy* is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 11:29 AM
  #4
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,660
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
How is it classless? How does it even offend you?

Agreed. I could care less what Marty thinks of the Rangers.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 11:30 AM
  #5
Kluivert4Ever
Registered User
 
Kluivert4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Agreed. I could care less what Marty thinks of the Rangers.

Exactly his opinion regarding the Rangers means as much to me as Martha Stewart´s.

Kluivert4Ever is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 11:31 AM
  #6
g52*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,582
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
Did anyone see in yesterday's post the comment he made that "it's about time they found someone to compete with me and Ricky (rick Dipetro)" Another classy comment by a man with no class. Every time there is a Ranger-Devil game he always makes a snide comment especially when asked about messier or 94,97. It always brings a smile to me though because obviously he is annoyed by us and our organization.
1) DP sucks. Hes always sucked.
2) There are alot of other goaltenders just as good if not better then Brodeur ( see: Lundqvist, Miller, Kippusoff, Hasek )

g52* is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 11:35 AM
  #7
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by g52
1) DP sucks. Hes always sucked.
2) There are alot of other goaltenders just as good if not better then Brodeur ( see: Lundqvist, Miller, Kippusoff, Hasek )
75% of the goalies you list weren't even around for most of Brodeur's career. for many years he was certainly at the very top of the goaltending elite.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 11:40 AM
  #8
King Nothing*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bridgewater
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
75% of the goalies you list weren't even around for most of Brodeur's career. for many years he was certainly at the very top of the goaltending elite.
I disagree. In my opinion, I think he had a great defensive team behind him. I am not saying he isn't a superstar goaltender. I am just saying that there are plenty of much better goaltenders that played on teams with average defense. Not him though. I would like to see him backstop the Rangers over the last eight years and see what happened to is save percentage.


Last edited by Ronnie Bass: 03-05-2006 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Question mods giving him warning points
King Nothing* is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 11:50 AM
  #9
nrf83
Registered User
 
nrf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: golf course
Country: United States
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
Did anyone see in yesterday's post the comment he made that "it's about time they found someone to compete with me and Ricky (rick Dipetro)" Another classy comment by a man with no class. Every time there is a Ranger-Devil game he always makes a snide comment especially when asked about messier or 94,97. It always brings a smile to me though because obviously he is annoyed by us and our organization.
The Ricky he is referring to is Mike Richter, not DP. And who gives a f what Mary Brodeur has to say.

nrf83 is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 11:55 AM
  #10
kickice
Registered User
 
kickice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Orange County, NY
Country: Wales
Posts: 539
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kickice
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83
The Ricky he is referring to is Mike Richter, not DP. And who gives a f what Mary Brodeur has to say.

thank goodness for that. It'd be a really strange comment if he'd meant Di Pietro

kickice is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:04 PM
  #11
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freenoid
I disagree. In my opinion, I think he had a great defensive team behind him. I am not saying he isn't a superstar goaltender. I am just saying that there are plenty of much better goaltenders that played on teams with average defense. Not him though. I would like to see him backstop the Rangers over the last eight years and see what happened to is save percentage.
great defensive team or not it's hard to play 800 games and have a GAA under 2.2 and a S% over .910 with over 10% of your games being shutouts. and while he may have played behind good defensive teams, they were generally not offensive powerhouses, usually scoring a measly 2.5 goals per game. despite this they have almost always been competitive. as far as your comparison to the Rangers is concerned you could probably say that about any goalie in the league. the bottom line is Brodeur is the first goalie with 30 wins in 10 straight seasons...to say he is anything less than a HOF goalie is just plain silly.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:19 PM
  #12
natureboy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83
The Ricky he is referring to is Mike Richter, not DP. And who gives a f what Mary Brodeur has to say.
WRONG. the exact quote was "it's about time they found someone new to challange in this area with Dipetro and myself" Clearly referring to Dipetro. I just think the rangers go about there business and this guy is good but he should just worry about his fanless organization and empty building.

natureboy* is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:23 PM
  #13
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by g52
1) DP sucks. Hes always sucked.
2) There are alot of other goaltenders just as good if not better then Brodeur ( see: Lundqvist, Miller, Kippusoff, Hasek )
Thats a laughable statement at best, Hasek is the only one who even compares on that list. Brodeur is future first ballot HOF who will have the most career wins by a goaltender. He's the best goaltender in the world and one of the best in history. You'll be lucky if Lundqvist gets 1 stanley cup never mind 3.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:26 PM
  #14
RangersMoogle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
Kasparaitis hit one of Brodeur's posts. He has nothing to gloat about it.

I jest, Brodeur's good, but it's kind of a shame to know he's saying things like that. You're a professional, act like it, eh.

RangersMoogle is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:31 PM
  #15
King Nothing*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bridgewater
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
great defensive team or not it's hard to play 800 games and have a GAA under 2.2 and a S% over .910 with over 10% of your games being shutouts. and while he may have played behind good defensive teams, they were generally not offensive powerhouses, usually scoring a measly 2.5 goals per game. despite this they have almost always been competitive. as far as your comparison to the Rangers is concerned you could probably say that about any goalie in the league. the bottom line is Brodeur is the first goalie with 30 wins in 10 straight seasons...to say he is anything less than a HOF goalie is just plain silly.
As I said, I am not saying he isn't a superstart goaltender. All i am saying is that when you have the best defensive system in the league for 10 years and the NHL has to change their rules just because of the Devils then you have to put an asterisk next to his record. That's all I am saying. I'm sorry, but if I have to pick, I go with Roy. Roy is a better goaltender than Brodeur. Why? Because Roy's record would have been much better if he had played for the Devils just by comparing the defense on each team he played for.

The problem is, everyone just wants to say how great he is and not why. Richter played up to Brodeur's standards on a MISERABLE defensive team. I am not trying to be biased. I don't hate Brodeur. I think he is great for Hockey. I think he is a great goaltender. I just like to see it he way it is. it also takes a lot of pressure to play in NY, Toronto, Montreal, etc. It takes absolutely NO pressure to play in Jersey. It's not a sports state and never will be. Anyone can perform well in NJ. The splotlight is on NY, Philly, etc. Not on NJ. That's the bottom line. You can't deny that NJ is an aweful place for sports. Any team that can lose 3 million dollars in a cup year that played mostly game 7s throughout the playoffs is just terrible.

King Nothing* is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:37 PM
  #16
King Nothing*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bridgewater
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Thats a laughable statement at best, Hasek is the only one who even compares on that list. Brodeur is future first ballot HOF who will have the most career wins by a goaltender. He's the best goaltender in the world and one of the best in history. You'll be lucky if Lundqvist gets 1 stanley cup never mind 3.

Obviously your hockey knowledge doesn't go beyond the last 15 years. I can't even believe you just made that statement. It's aweful that you said that.

Dominic Hasek
Patrick Roy
Ed Belfour
Terry Sawchuk
Jacques Plante
Grant Fuhr
Andy Moog
Gump Worsley
Mike Richter


Give me a break. Complete Nonsense.

King Nothing* is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:43 PM
  #17
King Nothing*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bridgewater
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
Read his post. He said from THAT LIST- meaning this list
Lundqvist does have a better GAA though. So, you really can't even say from that list. You also can't say overall because we don't know if Lundqvist might be better than him. It's really aweful to say let alone 1 cup. We don't know that yet. That might just bite someone in the a** this year. Brodeur becomes hated because of Chico Resch type of people. There infatuation with his talent is stupid.

King Nothing* is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:45 PM
  #18
romba
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Thats a laughable statement at best, Hasek is the only one who even compares on that list. Brodeur is future first ballot HOF who will have the most career wins by a goaltender. He's the best goaltender in the world and one of the best in history. You'll be lucky if Lundqvist gets 1 stanley cup never mind 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freenoid
Obviously your hockey knowledge doesn't go beyond the last 15 years. I can't even believe you just made that statement. It's aweful that you said that.

Dominic Hasek
Patrick Roy
Ed Belfour
Terry Sawchuk
Jacques Plante
Grant Fuhr
Andy Moog
Gump Worsley
Mike Richter


Give me a break. Complete Nonsense.
Read Habsaku's post. He said Hasek only compares from THAT LIST, meaning this list
Quote:
Originally Posted by g52
There are alot of other goaltenders just as good if not better then Brodeur ( see: Lundqvist, Miller, Kippusoff, Hasek )

romba is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:45 PM
  #19
Lundqvist102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
When i saw the quote at first, I thought it was a pretty stupid thing to say...Even if its not your intention of offending anyone, Brodeur still did a great job sounding arrogant.

Lundqvist102 is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:46 PM
  #20
romba
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freenoid
Lundqvist does have a better GAA though. So, you really can't even say from that list. You also can't say overall because we don't know if Lundqvist might be better than him. It's really aweful to say let alone 1 cup. We don't know that yet. That might just bite someone in the a** this year. Brodeur becomes hated because of Chico Resch type of people. There infatuation with his talent is stupid.
All he was saying was guys need to prove themselves before considered on the same level, which is a valid point. Lundqvist may get to that levelo, but he's gotta win the games first.

romba is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:49 PM
  #21
King Nothing*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bridgewater
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102
When i saw the quote at first, I thought it was a pretty stupid thing to say...Even if its not your intention of offending anyone, Brodeur still did a great job sounding arrogant.

Let's put it like this. It's not like Brodeur hasn't made it clear he is arrogant. This is definitely not the first time he made stupid statements. However, we get the same nonsense about why what he said isn't arrogant. The guy let's his a** overload his mouth most of the time he is interviewed. He doesn't know how to be respectful or modest. He likes to let you know how great he thinks he is.

To the words of Clint Eastwood, "He's a legend in his own mind."

King Nothing* is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:51 PM
  #22
King Nothing*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bridgewater
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
All he was saying was guys need to prove themselves before considered on the same level, which is a valid point. Lundqvist may get to that levelo, but he's gotta win the games first.
well, Lundqvist already has 20+ wins and will probably, without a doubt, reach more than 30. We are talking like Lundqvist is going to be making his first start in net tomorrow. What are we talking about here? This is his first full start in the NHL and he is on his way to winning 30+ games. What level does he have to get too? Does he have to get married and then cheat on her with her sister? What is the next level he needs to reach?

King Nothing* is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:53 PM
  #23
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
Did anyone see in yesterday's post the comment he made that "it's about time they found someone to compete with me and Ricky (rick Dipetro)"
I don't know. I like it in that it shows just how much this guy hates the Rangers. Also, he had little to say when the Devils absolutely owned the Blueshirts. What you see here is frustration on Brodeur's part that his team has come back to the pack and must actually reckon with the Rangers now. (Including taking their share of losses in the rivalry.) Plus he must be aware that he's never beaten the Rangers in the playoffs. That's gotta' hurt.

Man it must REALLY stick in his craw to look at the standings in his Star Ledger.

dedalus is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:55 PM
  #24
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
klingsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 14,201
vCash: 500
That's Brodeur just being Brodeur.

Master of the back-handed compliment.

Better than Marshall whining about Kasparaitis.

klingsor is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 12:56 PM
  #25
romba
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freenoid
well, Lundqvist already has 20+ wins and will probably, without a doubt, reach more than 30. We are talking like Lundqvist is going to be making his first start in net tomorrow. What are we talking about here? This is his first full start in the NHL and he is on his way to winning 30+ games. What level does he have to get too? Does he have to get married and then cheat on her with her sister? What is the next level he needs to reach?
You're right, Lundqvist can retire right now with his projection of getting to 30 wins. Nothing left to accomplish anymore. He's a shoe-in for the HOF, no question.

I have confidence in Henrik to play consistently excellent or the next 10+ years, but he's gotta do it before we can say he's on that level. After this year you can say he's on his way to becoming one of the greats, but isn't there just yet.

romba is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.