HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Classless Brodeur is at it again

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2006, 11:15 AM
natureboy*

vCash: 500
Classless Brodeur is at it again

Did anyone see in yesterday's post the comment he made that "it's about time they found someone to compete with me and Ricky (rick Dipetro)" Another classy comment by a man with no class. Every time there is a Ranger-Devil game he always makes a snide comment especially when asked about messier or 94,97. It always brings a smile to me though because obviously he is annoyed by us and our organization.

Old
03-05-2006, 11:23 AM
BigE

How is it classless? How does it even offend you?

Old
03-05-2006, 11:28 AM
natureboy*

It's class less because he comments negatively on messier, richter, Roy and repeatedly on these great players. There was no reason for him to put down messier and his accomplishments and there is no reason for him to comment on our goaltending situation. Plus he is wrong because WE usually beat Dipetro.

Old
03-05-2006, 11:29 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
How is it classless? How does it even offend you?

Agreed. I could care less what Marty thinks of the Rangers.

03-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Agreed. I could care less what Marty thinks of the Rangers.

Exactly his opinion regarding the Rangers means as much to me as Martha Stewart´s.

Old
03-05-2006, 11:31 AM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
Did anyone see in yesterday's post the comment he made that "it's about time they found someone to compete with me and Ricky (rick Dipetro)" Another classy comment by a man with no class. Every time there is a Ranger-Devil game he always makes a snide comment especially when asked about messier or 94,97. It always brings a smile to me though because obviously he is annoyed by us and our organization.
1) DP sucks. Hes always sucked.
2) There are alot of other goaltenders just as good if not better then Brodeur ( see: Lundqvist, Miller, Kippusoff, Hasek )

Old
03-05-2006, 11:35 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52
2) There are alot of other goaltenders just as good if not better then Brodeur ( see: Lundqvist, Miller, Kippusoff, Hasek )
75% of the goalies you list weren't even around for most of Brodeur's career. for many years he was certainly at the very top of the goaltending elite.

Old
03-05-2006, 11:40 AM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
75% of the goalies you list weren't even around for most of Brodeur's career. for many years he was certainly at the very top of the goaltending elite.
I disagree. In my opinion, I think he had a great defensive team behind him. I am not saying he isn't a superstar goaltender. I am just saying that there are plenty of much better goaltenders that played on teams with average defense. Not him though. I would like to see him backstop the Rangers over the last eight years and see what happened to is save percentage.

Last edited by Ronnie Bass: 03-05-2006 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Question mods giving him warning points
Old
03-05-2006, 11:50 AM
nrf83

Quote:
The Ricky he is referring to is Mike Richter, not DP. And who gives a f what Mary Brodeur has to say.

Old
03-05-2006, 11:55 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83
The Ricky he is referring to is Mike Richter, not DP. And who gives a f what Mary Brodeur has to say.

thank goodness for that. It'd be a really strange comment if he'd meant Di Pietro

Old
03-05-2006, 12:04 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freenoid
I disagree. In my opinion, I think he had a great defensive team behind him. I am not saying he isn't a superstar goaltender. I am just saying that there are plenty of much better goaltenders that played on teams with average defense. Not him though. I would like to see him backstop the Rangers over the last eight years and see what happened to is save percentage.
great defensive team or not it's hard to play 800 games and have a GAA under 2.2 and a S% over .910 with over 10% of your games being shutouts. and while he may have played behind good defensive teams, they were generally not offensive powerhouses, usually scoring a measly 2.5 goals per game. despite this they have almost always been competitive. as far as your comparison to the Rangers is concerned you could probably say that about any goalie in the league. the bottom line is Brodeur is the first goalie with 30 wins in 10 straight seasons...to say he is anything less than a HOF goalie is just plain silly.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:19 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83
WRONG. the exact quote was "it's about time they found someone new to challange in this area with Dipetro and myself" Clearly referring to Dipetro. I just think the rangers go about there business and this guy is good but he should just worry about his fanless organization and empty building.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52
Thats a laughable statement at best, Hasek is the only one who even compares on that list. Brodeur is future first ballot HOF who will have the most career wins by a goaltender. He's the best goaltender in the world and one of the best in history. You'll be lucky if Lundqvist gets 1 stanley cup never mind 3.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:26 PM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
Kasparaitis hit one of Brodeur's posts. He has nothing to gloat about it.

I jest, Brodeur's good, but it's kind of a shame to know he's saying things like that. You're a professional, act like it, eh.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:31 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
great defensive team or not it's hard to play 800 games and have a GAA under 2.2 and a S% over .910 with over 10% of your games being shutouts. and while he may have played behind good defensive teams, they were generally not offensive powerhouses, usually scoring a measly 2.5 goals per game. despite this they have almost always been competitive. as far as your comparison to the Rangers is concerned you could probably say that about any goalie in the league. the bottom line is Brodeur is the first goalie with 30 wins in 10 straight seasons...to say he is anything less than a HOF goalie is just plain silly.
As I said, I am not saying he isn't a superstart goaltender. All i am saying is that when you have the best defensive system in the league for 10 years and the NHL has to change their rules just because of the Devils then you have to put an asterisk next to his record. That's all I am saying. I'm sorry, but if I have to pick, I go with Roy. Roy is a better goaltender than Brodeur. Why? Because Roy's record would have been much better if he had played for the Devils just by comparing the defense on each team he played for.

The problem is, everyone just wants to say how great he is and not why. Richter played up to Brodeur's standards on a MISERABLE defensive team. I am not trying to be biased. I don't hate Brodeur. I think he is great for Hockey. I think he is a great goaltender. I just like to see it he way it is. it also takes a lot of pressure to play in NY, Toronto, Montreal, etc. It takes absolutely NO pressure to play in Jersey. It's not a sports state and never will be. Anyone can perform well in NJ. The splotlight is on NY, Philly, etc. Not on NJ. That's the bottom line. You can't deny that NJ is an aweful place for sports. Any team that can lose 3 million dollars in a cup year that played mostly game 7s throughout the playoffs is just terrible.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:37 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Thats a laughable statement at best, Hasek is the only one who even compares on that list. Brodeur is future first ballot HOF who will have the most career wins by a goaltender. He's the best goaltender in the world and one of the best in history. You'll be lucky if Lundqvist gets 1 stanley cup never mind 3.

Obviously your hockey knowledge doesn't go beyond the last 15 years. I can't even believe you just made that statement. It's aweful that you said that.

Dominic Hasek
Patrick Roy
Ed Belfour
Terry Sawchuk
Jacques Plante
Grant Fuhr
Andy Moog
Gump Worsley
Mike Richter

Give me a break. Complete Nonsense.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:43 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
Read his post. He said from THAT LIST- meaning this list
Lundqvist does have a better GAA though. So, you really can't even say from that list. You also can't say overall because we don't know if Lundqvist might be better than him. It's really aweful to say let alone 1 cup. We don't know that yet. That might just bite someone in the a** this year. Brodeur becomes hated because of Chico Resch type of people. There infatuation with his talent is stupid.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:45 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Quote:
Obviously your hockey knowledge doesn't go beyond the last 15 years. I can't even believe you just made that statement. It's aweful that you said that.

Dominic Hasek
Patrick Roy
Ed Belfour
Terry Sawchuk
Jacques Plante
Grant Fuhr
Andy Moog
Gump Worsley
Mike Richter

Give me a break. Complete Nonsense.
Read Habsaku's post. He said Hasek only compares from THAT LIST, meaning this list
Quote:
Originally Posted by g52
There are alot of other goaltenders just as good if not better then Brodeur ( see: Lundqvist, Miller, Kippusoff, Hasek )

Old
03-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
When i saw the quote at first, I thought it was a pretty stupid thing to say...Even if its not your intention of offending anyone, Brodeur still did a great job sounding arrogant.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:46 PM
romba

Quote:
Lundqvist does have a better GAA though. So, you really can't even say from that list. You also can't say overall because we don't know if Lundqvist might be better than him. It's really aweful to say let alone 1 cup. We don't know that yet. That might just bite someone in the a** this year. Brodeur becomes hated because of Chico Resch type of people. There infatuation with his talent is stupid.
All he was saying was guys need to prove themselves before considered on the same level, which is a valid point. Lundqvist may get to that levelo, but he's gotta win the games first.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:49 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102
When i saw the quote at first, I thought it was a pretty stupid thing to say...Even if its not your intention of offending anyone, Brodeur still did a great job sounding arrogant.

Let's put it like this. It's not like Brodeur hasn't made it clear he is arrogant. This is definitely not the first time he made stupid statements. However, we get the same nonsense about why what he said isn't arrogant. The guy let's his a** overload his mouth most of the time he is interviewed. He doesn't know how to be respectful or modest. He likes to let you know how great he thinks he is.

To the words of Clint Eastwood, "He's a legend in his own mind."

Old
03-05-2006, 12:51 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
All he was saying was guys need to prove themselves before considered on the same level, which is a valid point. Lundqvist may get to that levelo, but he's gotta win the games first.
well, Lundqvist already has 20+ wins and will probably, without a doubt, reach more than 30. We are talking like Lundqvist is going to be making his first start in net tomorrow. What are we talking about here? This is his first full start in the NHL and he is on his way to winning 30+ games. What level does he have to get too? Does he have to get married and then cheat on her with her sister? What is the next level he needs to reach?

Old
03-05-2006, 12:53 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Did anyone see in yesterday's post the comment he made that "it's about time they found someone to compete with me and Ricky (rick Dipetro)"
I don't know. I like it in that it shows just how much this guy hates the Rangers. Also, he had little to say when the Devils absolutely owned the Blueshirts. What you see here is frustration on Brodeur's part that his team has come back to the pack and must actually reckon with the Rangers now. (Including taking their share of losses in the rivalry.) Plus he must be aware that he's never beaten the Rangers in the playoffs. That's gotta' hurt.

Man it must REALLY stick in his craw to look at the standings in his Star Ledger.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:55 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

That's Brodeur just being Brodeur.

Master of the back-handed compliment.

Better than Marshall whining about Kasparaitis.

Old
03-05-2006, 12:56 PM
romba

Quote:
well, Lundqvist already has 20+ wins and will probably, without a doubt, reach more than 30. We are talking like Lundqvist is going to be making his first start in net tomorrow. What are we talking about here? This is his first full start in the NHL and he is on his way to winning 30+ games. What level does he have to get too? Does he have to get married and then cheat on her with her sister? What is the next level he needs to reach?
You're right, Lundqvist can retire right now with his projection of getting to 30 wins. Nothing left to accomplish anymore. He's a shoe-in for the HOF, no question.

I have confidence in Henrik to play consistently excellent or the next 10+ years, but he's gotta do it before we can say he's on that level. After this year you can say he's on his way to becoming one of the greats, but isn't there just yet.

Closed Thread