HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers need to InFlame the Battle of Alberta!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2003, 11:26 AM
  #1
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Oilers need to InFlame the Battle of Alberta!

The Edmonton Oilers (3-4-0-0) hosting the Calgary Flames (3-3-0-0) in a four point divisional matchup, must bring it all tonight at Skyreach. With Stoll added and some re-alignment expected in the forward positions, expect to see a high octane affair unfold. With both clubs coming off losses, intensity should not be a problem for either team, especially with both these rivals being aware of how important this 4 point turnaround is to their respective young 2003/4 NHL seasons. Tonight's tussle may determine who eventually makes the playoffs and who doesn't. HNIC doesn't get much better than this. Just who will redlight the twine remains to be seen. How says you all about the - tilt to turn it around in E-Town?

OYLer is offline  
Old
10-25-2003, 03:26 PM
  #2
oilflash
Registered User
 
oilflash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: smalltownAB
Country: Canada
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
tilt to turn it around in E-Town?

Don't know if we can talk playoffs just yet Oyler, but given the number of internal conference match ups this year, yep, each game is important. Losses in October have a way of counting in April. Oilers need this one to regain both confidence and notch points.



[

oilflash is offline  
Old
10-25-2003, 04:09 PM
  #3
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflash
Don't know if we can talk playoffs just yet Oyler, but given the number of internal conference match ups this year, yep, each game is important. Losses in October have a way of counting in April. Oilers need this one to regain both confidence and notch points.
Thank you oilflash for responding to my little Rah! Rah! Blurb. I guess I must have whizzed recently into to many cornflake bowls around here lately. So be it! But I wish the Oilers would learn to play with the year long intensity that the Sens do. As I write this Ottawa are just having their way with the Habs.

OYLer is offline  
Old
10-25-2003, 04:19 PM
  #4
IceDragoon
Registered User
 
IceDragoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South of Sanity
Posts: 3,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Thank you oilflash for responding to my little Rah! Rah! Blurb. I guess I must have whizzed recently into to many cornflake bowls around here lately. So be it! But I wish the OILers would learn the play with the year long intensity of the Sens who are just having their way with the Habs as I write this.
Uh... It's kinda hard to do the online wave, man. ... ...
I wouldn't worry about the flakes. The monitor screens out any unwanted whiz.

IceDragoon is offline  
Old
10-25-2003, 04:32 PM
  #5
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Live by the key die by the bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
The monitor screens out any unwanted whiz.
As always the chuckle getter! And here I thought I could never die of thirst by being a Windowlicker. I guess Screenlicking is just a Tad to needy? But comeon you guys a good turn of phrase occasionlly needs an attaboy now and then.

OYLer is offline  
Old
10-25-2003, 05:37 PM
  #6
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Crap! luckless at the moment!

OYLer is offline  
Old
10-25-2003, 06:13 PM
  #7
IceDragoon
Registered User
 
IceDragoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South of Sanity
Posts: 3,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
As always the chuckle getter! And here I thought I could never die of thirst by being a Windowlicker. I guess Screenlicking is just a Tad to needy? But comeon you guys a good turn of phrase occasionlly needs an attaboy now and then.
OK... Now that we know you're 'high maintenance' , maybe we'll try harder. :p attaboy

IceDragoon is offline  
Old
10-25-2003, 07:05 PM
  #8
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
OK... Now that we know you're 'high maintenance' , maybe we'll try harder. :p attaboy
I have never feared the cold but the Dragoon has always given me pause. That which has been iced in the heat of the moment gives me pause.

OYLer is offline  
Old
10-25-2003, 08:08 PM
  #9
IceDragoon
Registered User
 
IceDragoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South of Sanity
Posts: 3,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
I have never feared the cold but the Dragoon has always given me pause. That which has been iced in the heat of the moment gives me pause.
*shakes head* attaboy

IceDragoon is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.