HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isbister draws the short straw

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 06:43 AM
hockeyaddict101

vCash: 500
Isbister draws the short straw

He will not play tonight and Stoll will draw in.

Mactavish says "I hate pointing fingers at one guy when you've given up 12 goals the last two games but he's got to be giving us something in terms of offence or consistent physical play. We haven't got that. He's not the only guy, but he's the one who's drawn the short straw and there's other changes to make if we don't get this turned around"

Just so you know he also singled out Brewer for his play as well. I didn't want you to think that he had left him out but that is in a separate article that can be pulled up on the Journals web page.

I am not sure if you can pull up the game time piece.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:48 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44

Mactavish says "I hate pointing fingers at one guy when you've given up 12 goals the last two games but he's got to be giving us something in terms of offence or consistent physical play. We haven't got that. He's not the only guy, but he's the one who's drawn the short straw and there's other changes to make if we don't get this turned around"

Just so you know he also singled out Brewer for his play as well. I didn't want you to think that he had left him out but that is in a separate article that can be pulled up on the Journals web page.

I think this is a good move. Hopefully Isbister will come back pissed off the next game and hit everything in sight. Thanks spaz. I have trouble finding the Journal articles on the web.

I know in the Sun, MacT ripped into Laraque, so I thought maybe he's get to sit. I like the fact Stoll will draw in to face the team that didn't want to sign him.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:54 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
I think this is a good move. Hopefully Isbister will come back pissed off the next game and hit everything in sight. Thanks spaz. I have trouble finding the Journal articles on the web.

I know in the Sun, MacT ripped into Laraque, so I thought maybe he's get to sit. I like the fact Stoll will draw in to face the team that didn't want to sign him.
It mentions in the Journal that MacTavish and Laraque had a long talk at practice and bascially what was said is that Laraque has to be more consistent.

MacT said that one night he will look like the fastest guy on the ice and that next night the slowest.

Old
10-25-2003, 08:48 AM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Don't dress your goon against the Flames?

yeah, right.

Old
10-25-2003, 09:13 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds

yeah, right.
The Laraque and Torres combo had been the best in the lineup until MacT put Torres on the top line for great play. I think that the two will be playing together again tonight.

Old
10-25-2003, 09:17 AM
Hemmer

MacT in today's Sun re: BG,
"One day he looks like the fastest guy on the ice, the next day it looks like he can't skate. How does that happen?"

Let me take this one Craig.

Ice time.

Old
10-25-2003, 09:18 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
MacT in today's Sun re: BG,
"One day he looks like the fastest guy on the ice, the next day it looks like he can't skate. How does that happen?"

Let me take this one Craig.

Ice time.
I can give another answer. Inconsistency and intensity. It's plagued him his entire time here in Edmonton.

Old
10-25-2003, 11:37 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44

Not smart. Isbister may not be playing well, but he's at worst 4th line right now. I'd much sooner see Pisani or Horcoff sitting, but that would mean things would make sense here...but that isn't how it works. Our 4th line center who is last in +/- gets promoted to the first line to lose the puck before Hemsky and Smyth can get it, smooth...

Old
10-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds

yeah, right.
Good point. But if he's not skating and he's not hitting and then Flames or no Flames, he shouldn't be in there.

Closed Thread