HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Spackell and Juneau

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 10:56 AM
Craig52Rivet

vCash: 500
Spackell and Juneau

Usually if a player wants to be more valuable to a team, he changes his game or improves his skills or strength or whatever to make himself more of an asset. It looks to me like Joe Juneau and Andreas Dackell have gotten it the other way around -- they're playing their same game, but the team has changed *its* game and it's now made them more valuable assets. Both had been considered by a lot of people (myself and a lot of the posters on here included) as past-their-prime players, who were still good on the PK and on a checking line but fell more into the category of dead weight on a team that needed to get younger and tougher and create more offense. But now with BG's defensive system, they've become two of the most valued role players on the team. And the fact that they're fitting more comfortably in the type of roles that suit their style of play has even let them open up and contribute more offensively, which is a great bonus from defense-first forwards. Dackell has 2 goals and 4 points and Juneau has 4 assists in the first 7 games. And they're tied for 2nd on the team in +/- at +4 each.

I think it's great for the habs to see these guys getting a second wind out of their careers with the team's new look. Our PK is back in the top 10 of the league (despite the lousy start against Ottawa) and with the young scoring we're getting and Koivu on his way back and Theodore back in form, this team is starting to look well-rounded for the first time in years.

Old
10-25-2003, 10:58 AM
hockey_nut

vCash: 500
Seems to me as if they're following THeodore and returning to 2001-02 form.

Closed Thread