HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

break em up

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 02:11 PM
ZIM

vCash:
break em up

Listed below are +/- stats YTD. Of interest to me are 3 of the bottom 4, namely Isbister, Laraque and Horcoff. This line (?) doesn't get much ice time, mainly Isbister and Laraque, but they certainly appear to get scored on. And their 1 goal this year (Horcoff) isn't going to win any games. Could Stoll, Rita or anyone else do worse?

ETHAN MOREAU 4
MARTY REASONER 4
JASON SMITH 3
FERNANDO PISANI 3
SCOTT FERGUSON 3
RADEK DVORAK 2
MIKE YORK 2
MARC-ANDRE BERGERON 2
ALEXEI SEMENOV 1
STEVE STAIOS 0
ALES HEMSKY 0
JASON CHIMERA 0
CORY CROSS -1
RAFFI TORRES -1
RYAN SMYTH -1
BRAD ISBISTER -2
ERIC BREWER -2
GEORGES LARAQUE -3
SHAWN HORCOFF -4

Old
10-24-2003, 02:51 PM
LawnDemon

vCash: 500
i think the most obvious solution is to put isbister with reasoner and moreau with horcoff...

torres - smyth - hemsky
isbister - reasoner - dvorak
chimera - york - pisani (prefer rita but trying to use the current players)
moreau - horcoff - laraque

that puts two defensively responsible forwards on each line (smyth/hemsky, reasoner/dvorak, york/pisani, moreau/horcoff).

maybe the defensive awareness will wear off on the slackers (isbister, chimera, laraque)?

Old
10-24-2003, 03:11 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
i think the most obvious solution is to put isbister with reasoner and moreau with horcoff...

torres - smyth - hemsky

that puts two defensively responsible forwards on each line (smyth/hemsky, reasoner/dvorak, york/pisani, moreau/horcoff).

maybe the defensive awareness will wear off on the slackers (isbister, chimera, laraque)?
me likey.

Old
10-24-2003, 06:14 PM
GorillazXL

[QUOTE=LawnDemon]
torres - smyth - hemsky
QUOTE]

i like the proposal with Rita on the third with York... I like Pisani but, i don't think he can do more then what he has shown, whereas players like Rita, Salmo have more upsides the n Pisani...Not to mention they're four years younger.

GXL

Old
10-24-2003, 06:47 PM
Hemsky4PM

[QUOTE=GorillazXL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
torres - smyth - hemsky
QUOTE]

i like the proposal with Rita on the third with York... I like Pisani but, i don't think he can do more then what he has shown, whereas players like Rita, Salmo have more upsides the n Pisani...Not to mention they're four years younger.

GXL
MacT must have some kind of deal with the Devil and Fernando, because there's no way Pisani is coming out, and that's a shame. Also, Why not try to load up a top line: Smyth- York - Hemsky

couldn't hurt. I just love how MacT wants to make the team accountable and talks about discipline, but refuses to sit guys like Pisani and Horcoff for taking bad penalties. Swanson and Cleary weren't too crappy to get into the line-up on occasion, what's wrong with Jarret???????????

Old
10-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Whitenoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
MacT must have some kind of deal with the Devil and Fernando, because there's no way Pisani is coming out, and that's a shame.
He's the new Dan Cleary!

Old
10-24-2003, 07:03 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
MacT must have some kind of deal with the Devil and Fernando, because there's no way Pisani is coming out, and that's a shame.
I don't get it with the hate on Pisani. He played very well last night in Colorado with Moreau on that third line... He's shown a heck of a lot more hustle and results than some of the players who were supposed to be our scoring line. Chimera and Isbister are glaring examples here.

Old
10-24-2003, 07:20 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
I don't get it with the hate on Pisani. He played very well last night in Colorado with Moreau on that third line... He's shown a heck of a lot more hustle and results than some of the players who were supposed to be our scoring line. Chimera and Isbister are glaring examples here.
I think people have a 'hate on' because they would rather see Rita or Salmelainen playing and he's in the way.

Pisani's doing exactly what he's supposed to do on the 3rd line, shut down the opposition.

I think we leave the 3rd line intact - for some stability.
Reunite the 'torque' line - for some energy, some points and a little more space for the top 2 lines.
And get those top line players, playing together.
I don't care who clicks. Just get them used to buzzing around with each other, instead of with 3rd and 4th line players.

Old
10-24-2003, 08:21 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitenoise
He's the new Dan Cleary!
Cleary was a pretty good checker. The only problem I had with him was his salary, and their bizarre faith in his offensive abilities, which he proved consistently did not exist.

If Stoll doesn't play tonight, I'm going to snap and play loud, bad disco outside MacTavish's house all night, every night, until he gives in. :p

Old
10-24-2003, 09:23 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Cleary was a pretty good checker. The only problem I had with him was his salary, and their bizarre faith in his offensive abilities, which he proved consistently did not exist.

If Stoll doesn't play tonight, I'm going to snap and play loud, bad disco outside MacTavish's house all night, every night, until he gives in. :p
I say Stoll draws in, Horc sits, he has to, that kids's feet and hands are moving too fast for his brain, that's why he keeps giving the puck up, he's rushing the play and trying to do everything at 100 mph, anyhow, before I go off topic, lines get tweaked, Salo, HAS to rebound from the last two and it's only a matter of time before Dvo pots a few, I could see a two goal game from him soon, he's buzzing.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:42 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
He's the new Dan Cleary!
please never insult a player like that....that is by far the worse insult you could ever say to a player...Is stoll an overpaid underachieving bum who can only score in the preseason? (at least not yet, and i dont think he will be) but that is just harsh

Old
10-25-2003, 01:11 AM
tsunami

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
please never insult a player like that....that is by far the worse insult you could ever say to a player...Is stoll an overpaid underachieving bum who can only score in the preseason? (at least not yet, and i dont think he will be) but that is just harsh
He was not talking about Stoll...

Old
10-25-2003, 04:55 AM
Shibumi

vCash: 788
I am pretty sure that Chad Isbuster sits out and Stoll draws in.

Old
10-25-2003, 09:17 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
I think people have a 'hate on' because they would rather see Rita or Salmelainen playing and he's in the way.
Well, believe me. I'd love to have Rita up in the lineup this year. But there's no real reason in telling Pisani to get out of the lineup if he's doing his job for the most part.

Old
10-25-2003, 04:49 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:
He's the new Dan Cleary!
Hold on a sec...I've agreed with alot of things you've posted but comparing Pisani to Cleary...no way. Pisani is a "what you get is what you see" hard working player whereas Cleary...He's figure skating using a hockey stick as a part of his routine.

GXL

Closed Thread