HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers defensive streak continues

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2006, 10:31 PM
rangerjoe

vCash: 500
Rangers defensive streak continues

The Carolina game marked the 15th game in a row that this team has given up only 3 goals or less.

You'd have to go back to the early 70's and possibly further back to find a Rangers team to have such a streak.

I think the fact that we've been in the top 3 or 4 in goals allowed this season is more of an accomplishment and a surprise than us being in first place in March.

That's a pretty remarkable string, I just wish we'd be on the winning side of those 2-1 or 3-2 losses...

RangerJoe

Old
03-06-2006, 10:34 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjoe
The Carolina game marked the 15th game in a row that this team has given up only 3 goals or less.

You'd have to go back to the early 70's and possibly further back to find a Rangers team to have such a streak.

I think the fact that we've been in the top 3 or 4 in goals allowed this season is more of an accomplishment and a surprise than us being in first place in March.

That's a pretty remarkable string, I just wish we'd be on the winning side of those 2-1 or 3-2 losses...

RangerJoe
Lets hope we don't start a 15 game streak of 1 goal or less. Two down,thirteen to go.....

Old
03-06-2006, 10:36 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
I pick....this thread!!

Thats a nice streak and I'm sure if you look at the Rangers record during that streak it'll be a good one. Jagr just needs to get turned up a notch, because as its been said many many many MANY times, as he goes, so goes the Rangers.

Old
03-06-2006, 11:38 PM
StealingSociety

Did we give up more than 2 goals in any of the games other than the Philly games?

Old
03-06-2006, 11:39 PM
StealingSociety

BTW what's the record for most consecutive such games?

Old
03-07-2006, 08:48 AM
shoothepuck

While the record shows that the D is playing well, it also shows NY's lack of offense. When Prucha comes back, his extra goal every other game or so should be the difference in winning some of these close games. Also I think the better teams play NY different if they get a one goal lead. Both the Devils and Canes, sat back in the third, and NY wasn't able to finish, plus Gerber and Marty played well enough to be the winning factors.

Closed Thread