HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My D-Day watchlist....

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2006, 10:37 AM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
My D-Day watchlist....

On Buffalo....

Pyatt, Biron, Noronen, Jillson, Campbell(?), Pomniville (?) any prospect not named Zargapan (sp?) or Stafford, mid round draft picks for the next two seasons.

Fowards- Chris Clarke, Washington, Dallas Drake, St. Louis, Mike Johnson, Phoenix, Mike Ricci, Phoenix*, Cutris Brown, Chicago, Jason Blake, NYI*, Brian Rolston, Minnesota*, Todd White, Minnesota, Shane Doan, Phoenix**

Defense- Jason Cullimore, Chicago, Todd Simpson, Chicago, Brad Lukowich, NYI, Derek Morris, Phoenix*, Paul Mara, Phoenix*, Sean O'Donnell, Phoenix, Sean Hill, Flordia, Hal Gill, Boston, Bryce Salvador, St. Louis

* denotes "Pretty Pretty Please Darcy"
** denotes "Darcy, if you do this, I swear to God, I will have a large man crush on you"

Old
03-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Kruschiki

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
On Buffalo....

Pyatt, Biron, Noronen, Jillson, Campbell(?), Pomniville (?) any prospect not named Zargapan (sp?) or Stafford, mid round draft picks for the next two seasons.

Fowards- Chris Clarke, Washington, Dallas Drake, St. Louis, Mike Johnson, Phoenix, Mike Ricci, Phoenix*, Cutris Brown, Chicago, Jason Blake, NYI*, Brian Rolston, Minnesota*, Todd White, Minnesota, Shane Doan, Phoenix**

Defense- Jason Cullimore, Chicago, Todd Simpson, Chicago, Brad Lukowich, NYI, Derek Morris, Phoenix*, Paul Mara, Phoenix*, Sean O'Donnell, Phoenix, Sean Hill, Flordia, Hal Gill, Boston, Bryce Salvador, St. Louis

** denotes "Darcy, if you do this, I swear to God, I will have a large man crush on you"
Kotalik over Pominville, and I'd agree.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:02 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
Kotalik over Pominville, and I'd agree.
Me too.

I'd put 2 stars next to Morris, too.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Takeo

Disappointment looms.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo
Disappointment looms.
If so, it's for every team, not just the sabres. It's already noon on Tuesday, exactly 2 days left and nearly no moves.... just wating for the first trade.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
If so, it's for every team, not just the sabres. It's already noon on Tuesday, exactly 2 days left and nearly no moves.... just wating for the first trade.
I don't expect the Sabres to do much if anything. Philly acquiring a big name, giving them more of the same, is the only automatic.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
On Buffalo....

Contrary to popular myth at Hfboards, Jason Blake is not an impending UFA. The Isles have him signed for one more year at a bargin price of 1.6 million. With Parrish almost certain to be traded, the chances of Blake being moved are nil (at least for the coming year). I do think he will be traded next summer (if he doesn't sign an extension) though.

Ditto Brad Lukowich, who is a useful player making 1 million a year and signed for one more year. Janne N flamed out, and Martinek is an impending UFA who has not been offered a new contract, and Sopel is one of the guys the Isles are looking to move. The Isles will likely start next season with two vets on defense:Lukowich and AZ.

Bottom line: Neither Lukowich or Blake is remotely available right now.

Besides all the $ issues, there is the simple fact that the Isles don't currently have a GM. The EVIL ONE, according to Newsday's Alan Hahn, has been given some leeway to make moves (likely involving impending UFAs Parrish, Kvasha, and Martinek) but all moves must be approvement by ownership.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Kruschiki

From TBN:

Sounds to me like he's thinking there will be a deal.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:27 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Contrary to popular myth at Hfboards, Jason Blake is not an impending UFA. The Isles have him signed for one more year at a bargin price of 1.6 million. With Parrish almost certain to be traded, the chances of Blake being moved are nil (at least for the coming year). I do think he will be traded next summer (if he doesn't sign an extension) though.

Ditto Brad Lukowich, who is a useful player making 1 million a year and signed for one more year. Janne N flamed out, and Martinek is an impending UFA who has not been offered a new contract, and Sopel is one of the guys the Isles are looking to move. The Isles will likely start next season with two vets on defense:Lukowich and AZ.

Bottom line: Neither Lukowich or Blake is remotely available right now.

Besides all the $ issues, there is the simple fact that the Isles don't currently have a GM. The EVIL ONE, according to Newsday's Alan Hahn, has been given some leeway to make moves (likely involving impending UFAs Parrish, Kvasha, and Martinek) but all moves must be approvement by ownership.
So you're confident that guys like Luko and Blake are staying put?

I see more of a reason for them to be hotter commodities, being that they're locked up.

Unless they're RFA's at the end of the year?

Old
03-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

As I said, neither is an RFA. They're both locked up for another year. Neither is getting moved.

At the deadline, teams will be looking for rentals and the Isles MAY look to cash in some UFAs for picks that the new GM can use. Their won't be any wholesale trades involving bargin players. The Isles, with a bloated payroll and some ludicrous contracts, can't afford to move their few payroll bargins.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:41 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

You'd know better than I would, no doubt. But I think a guy like Jason Blake would be a great addition to a playoff team for this year's run in, say, Philly or Calgary.

At this point, I don't see too many untouchables.

Combine that with the poor GM skills of the Isles organization.....

Old
03-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:

Removed from IR and is expected to skate tonight.

Just in time...?

Old
03-07-2006, 12:02 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty
Removed from IR and is expected to skate tonight.

Just in time...?

Old
03-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty
Just in time...?
...to be traded to Philly.

Old
03-07-2006, 12:18 PM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

Quote:
Disappointment looms.
That needs to be a bumper sticker:

Buffalo Profressional Sports:
Disappointment Looms

Old
03-07-2006, 12:21 PM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

Quote:
As I said, neither is an RFA. They're both locked up for another year. Neither is getting moved.

At the deadline, teams will be looking for rentals and the Isles MAY look to cash in some UFAs for picks that the new GM can use. Their won't be any wholesale trades involving bargin players. The Isles, with a bloated payroll and some ludicrous contracts, can't afford to move their few payroll bargins.
Darth Milbury= Killjoy.

Let us hope, damnit. Let us hope!

Old
03-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
...to be traded to Philly.
he is too mobile to go there.

I hear they are working on Pitkanan to try to get him to be less mobile.

Old
03-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Afino
The Juice

Mike Ricci???

I thought the Sabres were supposed to be young and attractive to attract the puckbunnies?

Old
03-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuddy27
You'd know better than I would, no doubt. But I think a guy like Jason Blake would be a great addition to a playoff team for this year's run in, say, Philly or Calgary.

At this point, I don't see too many untouchables.

Combine that with the poor GM skills of the Isles organization.....

First of all, I don't know what "poor GM skills" you are talking about given that the Isles don't presently have a GM. According to Alan Hahn, the EVIL ONE has been given the go ahead to move some impending UFAs at the deadline WITH OWNERSHIP approval. Any other deal will have to wait for the new GM.

And, yeah, Blake would be a great playoff addition to Philly or Calgary. So, explain to me why th Isles should be worried about how Calgary will do in the playoffs.

Let's say that, as expected, the Isles move their impending UFAs (Kvasha and Parrish) and the dman they really want to get rid of (Sopel). Those guys have basically got to be moved because the Isles will lose them this summer for nothing.

Then, as you suggest, they delete Blake and possibly Lukowich as the deadline. Basically, your scenario has five vets deleted at deadline day, possibly with no return other than prospects and picks. And, of course, by deleting Blake, they lose a player they can't possibly replace at that salary level on the UFA market.

Explain to me the logic in that kind of move. It would doom the Isles for the present and future, all for some picks and prospects. Unless you are going to counter with a lame "with Mad Mike anything is possible" response, there isn't much logic in what you are suggesting (no offense meant).

Mdoak - one thing about you and your fantasy proposals: I'm always impressed by how much you know about other team's players. Up there, you've got a pretty impressive and thoughtful list about the best players that MIGHT be available.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 03-07-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Old
03-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
On Buffalo....

you know what guy intrigues me on that least. a guy that we haven't discussed to death here in the last few weeks... Hal Gill. i believe he is an UFA. he only makes 1.6. he's the BIG stay at home defensemen we could really use. If he is an UFA and Boston wants to get a return he'd probably fetch a decent pick/prospect.

Old
03-07-2006, 02:31 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
First of all, I don't know what "poor GM skills" you are talking about given that the Isles don't presently have a GM. According to Alan Hahn, the EVIL ONE has been given the go ahead to move some impending UFAs at the deadline WITH OWNERSHIP approval. Any other deal will have to wait for the new GM.

And, yeah, Blake would be a great playoff addition to Philly or Calgary. So, explain to me why th Isles should be worried about how Calgary will do in the playoffs.

Let's say that, as expected, the Isles move their impending UFAs (Kvasha and Parrish) and the dman they really want to get rid of (Sopel). Those guys have basically got to be moved because the Isles will lose them this summer for nothing.

Then, as you suggest, they delete Blake and possibly Lukowich as the deadline. Basically, your scenario has five vets deleted at deadline day, possibly with no return other than prospects and picks. And, of course, by deleting Blake, they lose a player they can't possibly replace at that salary level on the UFA market.

Explain to me the logic in that kind of move. It would doom the Isles for the present and future, all for some picks and prospects. Unless you are going to counter with a lame "with Mad Mike anything is possible" response, there isn't much logic in what you are suggesting (no offense meant).

Mdoak - one thing about you and your fantasy proposals: I'm always impressed by how much you know about other team's players. Up there, you've got a pretty impressive and thoughtful list about the best players that MIGHT be available.
Well, the logic is simple. Your team is in need of a shakeup. You've got overpaid, underproducing veterans on your team just taking up roster space.

If Jason Blake is a casualty of a new era's efforts to re-track your team, so be it.

You've misunderstood my statements to every extent. My example of the Flames, and their need for Blake, was clearly speculation. A trade with Calgary for, say, Andrew Ference or another defenseman would make sense from both ends of the spectrum

- As for poor GM skills? I think not having a GM is pretty poor. Your problems go way way WAY beyond your players, deep into your franchise. Poor GM skills would equate to the contract Yashin currently sits under, as well as what you signed Sopel, ****lick, and Satan for. Underproducing and overpaid.

Welcome to the new NHL. The current Isles are clearly not suited for it, sorry. Something needs to change.

Old
03-07-2006, 02:49 PM
jflory81
Garbo is coming

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
I'd add an extra star to Brian Rolston too, he's having an outstanding year, and I'm pretty sure he's played LW along with center in his career.

Old
03-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuddy27
Well, the logic is simple. Your team is in need of a shakeup. You've got overpaid, underproducing veterans on your team just taking up roster space.

If Jason Blake is a casualty of a new era's efforts to re-track your team, so be it.

You've misunderstood my statements to every extent. My example of the Flames, and their need for Blake, was clearly speculation. A trade with Calgary for, say, Andrew Ference or another defenseman would make sense from both ends of the spectrum

- As for poor GM skills? I think not having a GM is pretty poor. Your problems go way way WAY beyond your players, deep into your franchise. Poor GM skills would equate to the contract Yashin currently sits under, as well as what you signed Sopel, ****lick, and Satan for. Underproducing and overpaid.

Welcome to the new NHL. The current Isles are clearly not suited for it, sorry. Something needs to change.
you're tangling with the wrong fella jbud. Darth knows all. and your Blake rationale is way off. why does trading a signed RFA who makes far less than he would be worth make sense?

you say the Isles are in need of a skake up. How does trading maybe the only guy earning every penny he's paid make sense?

Old
03-07-2006, 03:09 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Add Chris Clark to the list of guys that have signed extensions with their current clubs and are unlikely to get moved before the deadline.

Old
03-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Afino
The Juice

We got a JB sighting....score!

Closed Thread