HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado proposal for Jokinen.

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Melrose'sMullet

vCash: 500
Colorado proposal for Jokinen.

Svatos for Jokinen and a second?????

Old
03-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Jester

you cannot be serious...

Old
03-07-2006, 04:02 PM
PantherBlood6*

We don't have a second this year....but I would do it if we did. Why would you be so willing to give up Svatos for a rental? Jokinen wants $6 mil per year - can the Avs give him that type of money?

Old
03-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Kev22

Uh-Oh, you better duck, because here come the stones.

Old
03-07-2006, 04:07 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

vCash: 50
Why would you want to give up a young sniper like svatos...

Old
03-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Melrose'sMullet

OK no second, so how about this...Svatos for Jokinen, and a third??? Florida's first if Jokinen doesn't sign???

Old
03-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Melrose'sMullet

If this is not good what would the AVs need to give up to land Jokinen. Turgeon and a pick/prospect?? Or replace Tugeon for Mclean??

Old
03-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose'sMullet
OK no second, so how about this...Svatos for Jokinen, and a third??? Florida's first if Jokinen doesn't sign???
it's DUMB to give up a young player as good as Svatos for a rental. i won't even give up one of Richards/Carter for Jokinen.

Old
03-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
it's DUMB to give up a young player as good as Svatos for a rental. i won't even give up one of Richards/Carter for Jokinen.
The Avs would get Fla's first if he doesn't sign with the Avs. It's based on need and Hejduk, Brunette and Lappy are all viable top two line RW's.

Old
03-07-2006, 04:11 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

vCash: 50
Don't the Aves need to re-sign sakic and blake?? i don't think scoring is a big problem for the aves. Actually that is the least of their problems. they don't have too much trouble scoring.

Old
03-07-2006, 04:14 PM
knight44

No way this would ever happen, not even if P.L got drugged why give up a top young player for a guy who wants 6 mill next year?

Old
03-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Jester

Quote:
The Avs would get Fla's first if he doesn't sign with the Avs. It's based on need and Hejduk, Brunette and Lappy are all viable top two line RW's.
draft picks are a complete crap-shoot man.

Old
03-07-2006, 04:25 PM
PantherBlood6*

Turgeon and McLean are of no interest to a team like Florida. Svatos obviously would be, but i agree that it probably isnt neccessary to deal him for Olli.

Old
03-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiMaiShu
Don't the Aves need to re-sign sakic and blake?? i don't think scoring is a big problem for the aves. Actually that is the least of their problems. they don't have too much trouble scoring.
The Avs have many options pertaining to these two, resign them for far less, or not bring one or both back. They aren't making the Avs any younger and CO has no size or youth up the middle with the exception of Richardson. The Avs need a top line center...Sakic will probably sign long term atan average of 3 mil per year. He is going to be 37 in July. Turgeon will most likely hang it up after this season. Thge Avs need a young center with size.

Svatos is a crap shoot in himself with the injury problems he has had.

Old
03-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Svatos for Jokinen and a second?????
Svatos for Ekman and a 4th?

Old
03-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF37
We don't have a second this year....but I would do it if we did. Why would you be so willing to give up Svatos for a rental? Jokinen wants $6 mil per year - can the Avs give him that type of money?
And without trading for him first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiMaiShu
Don't the Aves need to re-sign sakic and blake??
Well Sakic anyway, and I doubt he gets as much next go round.
Quote:
i don't think scoring is a big problem for the aves. Actually that is the least of their problems. they don't have too much trouble scoring.
Yeah short term we need another forward (either a second line LW or a third line center who can win face offs) and a defencive D-man.

Old
03-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
I heard ther Avs are out of cap room, wouldnt they have to give up someone of 3mil+ to have the space to land him?

Old
03-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Drury_Sakic

Honestly, the Avs could come up with the 6 mill to pay him between Sakic and Blake's paycut, and the cap will increase at least a bit next year...

if Blake and Sakic get signed between the 4-5 mill mark each(They could sign for even less depending on loyalty and how bad they want to win) that will trimm about 6 mill...

A more realistic situation would be something like this.

Avs Get:
Jokinen

Florida Gets:
Wolski
Kolesnik
2nd Round Pick 2007(3rd rounder if he does not resign)
Future Considerations(Florida's choice of Sauer or Vannenen after the 2005-2006 season is over)

Wolski appears to be even more talented in the long run than Tanguay and either Sauer or more likely Vannenen are both good young 5th/6th D men with upside. Kolesnik is an underated goalie who could break into the NHL and establish himself as a solid career backup.

Not saying I would do that from a colorado perspective, as I am really high on Wolski's abilty and future, but in terms of a "fair" deal it works out OK IMO.

And in terms of cap space, the Avs have roughly 1.3 to 2 million free depending on who you listen to, its gotten confusing with Kono and Vannanen's injuries and the Blake and Sakic options being passed on.

Old
03-07-2006, 05:36 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Svatos is a crap shoot in himself with the injury problems he has had.
that's the gayest thing I've heard today. How is a rookie who scores 30+ goals in his first season and is already a proven playoff threat a crap shoot in any way? screw his injuries, I'd rather have an injured Svatos then watch Jokinen walk away and hope our 1st round pick turns out.

Old
03-07-2006, 05:37 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic
Honestly, the Avs could come up with the 6 mill to pay him between Sakic and Blake's paycut, and the cap will increase at least a bit next year...

if Blake and Sakic get signed between the 4-5 mill mark each(They could sign for even less depending on loyalty and how bad they want to win) that will trimm about 6 mill...

A more realistic situation would be something like this.

Avs Get:
Jokinen

Florida Gets:
Wolski
Kolesnik
2nd Round Pick 2006
Future Considerations(Florida's choice of Sauer or Vannenen after the 2005-2006 season is over)

Wolski appears to be even more talented in the long run than Tanguay and either Sauer or more likely Vannenen are both good young 5th/6th D men with upside. Kolesnik is an underated goalie who could break into the NHL and establish himself as a solid career backup.

Not saying I would do that from a colorado perspective, as I am really high on Wolski's abilty and future, but in terms of a "fair" deal it works out OK IMO.

you're welcome to your opinion, but Vaanaen, Wolski, Kolesnik and a 2nd round pick is still WAY too much for a few months worth of Olli Jokinen.

Old
03-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frea_K
I heard ther Avs are out of cap room, wouldnt they have to give up someone of 3mil+ to have the space to land him?
they've got some to work with, especialy if we are talking about a quarter season salary. They've got some cap space from Konowalchuk and Vaananen being out as well.

Old
03-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Since we're talking about this just as a rental. How about Richardson for Joke?

Old
03-07-2006, 05:45 PM
dwkdnvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
How is a rookie who scores 30+ goals in his first season and is already a proven playoff threat a crap shoot in any way?
Well, Svatos has a history of shoulder injuries so there is legitimate cause for some concern. However, I think what we have here is a wild over-reaction to Svatos sitting out Sunday. A productive young player making the league minimum is pretty much the most valuable commodity there is in a capped league, and you simply do NOT trade him unless it's for a sure thing. IF the Avs had worked out an agreement with Jokinen so that it was a trade-and-sign deal, then it might make some vague semblance of sense. However, even with some $$$ freed up from Sakic and Blake, I don't see the Avs giving Jokinen $6mil/year, so it's academic.
This board has seen some pretty silly proposals flow through, and this is certainly one of them.....

Old
03-07-2006, 05:46 PM
thebodyczech

Horrid deal for both teams.

Old
03-07-2006, 05:49 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebodyczech
Horrid deal for both teams.
there is no facet in which Florida loses this deal. They get an excellent young sniper for an expensive center that they know will not be back. let's not be ridiculous.

Closed Thread