HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds\Flames GDT

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2006, 04:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Preds\Flames GDT

3 and a half hours til gametime and no GDT...that pretty much sums up morale, I think.

Hope to see a totally different team after the "closed door meeting," but I'm not particularly optimistic.

Old
03-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I concur about the lack of morale, but believe you me...I'm an optimist. The Preds are going to come out fired up and ready to go against the Flames. Regardless of the outcome, I'd just like to see them play all out tonight and stay out of the penalty box.

Penalties are going to be one of the keys to this game. If we can stay out of the box, I think we can establish some flow at even-strength and play with the Flames, but if we take a bunch of penalties each period, then we're not going to establish any rhythm, wear down our penalty killers, and keep our top offensive players on the bench or pinned in our zone in defensive roles.

If Tootoo is in the lineup...I'd like to see the return of the high-energy, hard-hitting brand of hockey he played during his first recall and not the unpassionate play we saw the second time around.

Should Zanon be in the lineup, we are going to need to keep things simple...high off the glass and out. Zanon is small, but good positionally. He can provide some leadership back on the blueline if paired with either Weber or Suter (he's the captain at Milwaukee), which is something I think they can only benefit from.

Looking forward to the game...I'm pumped...Let's GO PREDS!!!!

Old
03-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

We always play Calgary well, so I'm not really overly worried about tonights game. Hopefully Tootoo will embarrass Iginla again, and Vogoon will show why he could play part-time enforcer in this league

This should be a boring game. I expect the final score to be 3-2 in OT or 2-1 in regulation. Lets see if Leggy can start scoring again.....

03-07-2006, 06:39 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
We have been playing Calgary well this season, so maybe tonight is the turning point!

Old
03-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Aw, crap, Kerry Fraser's refereeing.

Expect each team to get a minimum of 10 powerplays, 3 of which will actually be deserved.

Old
03-07-2006, 07:05 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I'm feeling like a "half empty" kid of guy today...My prediction: Preds lose 3-1 only because vokoun keeps it from being 6-1

Old
03-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Pred303

a win tonight would all of a sudden give hope to this roadtrip and possibly put some life into the team..time for legwand to step up and finally do something...time for sully to break out of this goal scoring slump.. time for us to play some hockey

Old
03-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Legwand scores & Sillinger takes a skate on his ankle ... Poile pick up the god dammed phone and place a call into Keenan ... thanks

Old
03-07-2006, 08:52 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

1. Great goal by Legwand, not only did he set it up behind the net, he made sure it got in off Sullivan's shot.

2. Suter and Weber each had one horrible turnover. Weber's was one of the worst I've seen all year and nearly ended up in our net. Terry even said, "there's another unforced turnover..."

3. We alternated playing GREAT, physical hockey...and then stretches of the same ol'.

4. Tootoo had better not be sent back down. He's flattened Regehr twice now.

5. Hope Sillinger is okay.

Old
03-07-2006, 09:08 PM
braindead

Legwand #2!

Kimmo didn't come back out for the 2nd which is not good.

Early indications are the forechecking is up and the poor penalties are down.

Old
03-07-2006, 09:14 PM
dulzhok

Legwand scoring 2 goals is about the only thing I could've imagined pulling up the moral of this group

Old
03-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Well, you can't say they aren't playing hard.......but we still get outmuscled in the offensive zone too often. We are just too small.

Great 2nd goal by Legwand...he has played pretty good tonight! Tootoo has added exactly what this lineup needs...

Bad call on Weber...definitely not a trip, but ah well....Hopefully Phaneuf doesn't score on us!

EDIT: JOHNSON SCORED!

Old
03-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Timonen went to Rockyview General for X-rays.

Old
1datsyuk3*

damn entertaining game....

Old
Flash Walken

K.Timonen apparently has left the building and gone to the hospitals for xrays on his hand after blocking a dion phaneuf shot.

Old
03-07-2006, 09:23 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken
K.Timonen apparently has left the building and gone to the hospitals for xrays on his hand after blocking a dion phaneuf shot.

please be ok, kimmo. I can't bear to watch Zanon for many more games!

Old
03-07-2006, 09:38 PM
dulzhok

Ah geez... Johnson scores. So much for this game lifting our spirits.

Old
03-07-2006, 10:14 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

our special teams look baaad in this game.

Old
03-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
our special teams look baaad in this game.
yes they did mister glass half empty...but what a frigging hockey game and great effort from the preds tonight

Old
03-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Yeah, we played a heck of a game, and even though we had some defensive zone turnovers....I really can't fault the guys. They worked their butt off, forechecked, and skated hard all night long.

Its going to hurt if Kimmo is down for awhile....

Old
03-07-2006, 10:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Gotta hope Timonen isn't out long...can't afford that.

Great game for two periods, then we failed to match the intensity for most of the third. Overall, a much better effort, and if we can keep that up(read: keep Tootoo up) then I think we're in good shape, going forward.

Great game overall for Legwand, Sullivan, Erat, Tootoo, Hordichuk and...*gulp* Johnson.

Weber had some great hits, but also made some tough errors.

Zanon made some great plays and some bad ones as well. On par for most Preds d-men.

Penalty kill misses Markov, bad. Fortunately, he could be back Thursday.

The second Flames goal came on a blown clear by Smithson. Just a pretty set up from Regehr to Huselius.

Vokoun was huge in the third. HUGE.

I've never known Kipper to give up re-bounds like he did tonight. The second Preds goal was all Kipper sending a rebound ten feet into the high slot to a streaking Legwand, who put it right where he wanted it to. He then almost got the trick on a near identical play, but appeared to either hit the post or the outside of the net.

Hamhuis, Sillinger and Zidlicky all appear to get hurt, but turn out okay. Can't afford many more injuries.

Timonen's injury occurred when he blocked a shot(Phaneuf, I think.) hopefully it's nothing too serious and he'll be able to play on Thursday.

HUGE two points against a team that's just as good as us at home. Takes the sting out of the OT loss in Edmonton a bit. Hopefully we can keep up the intensity on Thursday in Vancouver.

Old
03-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Predonater

Good game overeall considering the shape the lines are in. I was very pleased with Legwand and Johnson.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:15 PM
handtrick

10:1 Kimmo's hand is broke taking that shot from Phaneuf and going straight to the hospital for Xrays.....makes a deal for a defensemen almost imperative if it is.

As much as you may despise Zanon, he played a good postitional game....some nice puck presence and control in front of Vokoun.

Smithson....what a warrior...takes two shots off the unpadded thigh area during the same PK...then goes for another block....all in all 23 blocks for the Preds...a gusty performance throwing their body in front of the puck...Weber with 5...Zanon with 5.

Hats off for Johnson for leading by example...finishing checks...skating hard...and undressing Phaneuf for that shorty.

Wasn't it amazing when we are hitting and our forecheck is on....how Vokoun is like the Maytag repairman....as soon as we start to ease up on the forecheck and not finish our checks...the ice tilts and Vokoun gets pressured to the max.
Still a poor job of getting the puck cleared for the most part. Nice effort by the remaining 5 defenseman once Kimmo went down. Can you believe average age of the remaining 5 is 23.4 years old and a grand total years in the NHL between the 5 of them prior to this year......2..

unbelievable lines tonight:

Kariya/Sillinger/Tootoo
Smithson/Legwand/Sullivan
Erat/Johnson/Hall
Hordichuk/Nichol/Hartnell

Zidlicky/Timonen
Weber/Hamhuis
Suter/Zanon

Great job not taking stupid penalties tonight.....will see how long it lasts, but can't argue with the improvement tonight.

Tootoo has got to stay up for the duration....his energy is infectious, there is no getting around it...if Trotz can't see it he is blind.

Kudos for Leggy for anwering the bell....great 2nd effort on both goals and way to put the puck on the net....he was given credit for 4 shots and 2 misses....nice feed to Smithson crashing the net, and almost had the hatrick on those multiple chances in the third.

Did it seem like tonight we were watching old time Predator hockey again? tonight.....finishing checks...good forecheck....driving to the net....minimal cutsey passes....2nd efforts....GREAT JOB GUYS....that kind of play IS Predator hockey, and is a pleasure to watch....

Last edited by handtrick: 03-07-2006 at 11:28 PM.
Old
03-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Stars-Preds

First off, Legwand had a great game tonight. Two goals is pretty impressive. Second off this was a very entertaining game with all the physical play. Third, anyone know the status on Timonen?

Old
03-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Kesler Kills Kommies

great job preds

Closed Thread