HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Two goals a game won't win us a Cup...

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2006, 10:12 PM
SanDiegoFlyersFan

vCash: 500
Two goals a game won't win us a Cup...

I know the grinding style of hockey works in the playoffs, but only to a point. It won't put us over the top to win the Cup. We need more skill and talent to win (sounding like a broken record). I'm tired of 2 goals a night (if we're lucky). It's painful to watch this team simply cycle over and over again. Where's the creativity? I see other teams rush up the ice and tick, tack, toe, some clean nice passes and a great scoring chance. We dump the puck and chase, hoping an odd bounce or ricochet leads to a goal...way too conservative to be a winner.

I also believe over the course of the season, this style of play wears on the players and leads to injuries. We may judge the players for being lazy, but I think they're just mentally and physically beat up. Just put yourselves in the player's skates. Anyone who's played a contact sport knows you can't maintain this level of aggression in every game. You need easier goals...this gets you through the season injury free and saves the grit for the playoffs.

Old
03-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

IMO, this team is lucky if they can even get a cycle going. There is no cohesiveness and no stability in the lineup, there will be very soon, but not yet. I don't expect any miracles to happen offensively until some chemistry can be developed. I'm sick of 2 goal games as well, and I think they're lucky most nights to score 2 goals (just look at the NYI game on the weekend) but I think it's going to take a little more patience from us to see what kind of final team Clarke puts together and how they will gel (hopefully without anymore substantial injuries) heading into the playoffs.

Old
03-07-2006, 10:56 PM
goodrev

tell hitchcock that, he seems to think it will

Old
03-07-2006, 11:02 PM
BringBackStevens

personally im starting to get tired of reading the same thing everyday for weeks and weeks. Everyone here knows what this teams issues are, and i don't think its a coincidence that our overall play has decreased along with our offensive production. This team has had no chance to get any type of chemistry or flow offensively (and defensively) for quite sometime now. The true factor for our chances down the stretch and in the playoffs is health.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:12 PM
sansan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylez19
personally im starting to get tired of reading the same thing everyday for weeks and weeks. Everyone here knows what this teams issues are, and i don't think its a coincidence that our overall play has decreased along with our offensive production. This team has had no chance to get any type of chemistry or flow offensively (and defensively) for quite sometime now. The true factor for our chances down the stretch and in the playoffs is health.
This post should be stickied.

Old
03-08-2006, 10:27 AM
TheKingPin

chill out. they are going to get someone that will add some scoring. They got Gagne back and they scored 4 (5) goals against the Habs. That was only the third time all year that Gagne Forsberg and Nedved were together, which is what we need as a one tow punch.

Closed Thread