HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield @ Albany (Game #6) 10/25

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 04:49 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Springfield @ Albany (Game #6) 10/25

Albany 1 Springfield 2

SCORING SUMMARY
Period 1
(no scoring)
Period 2
Albany - Craig Darby (powerplay) (Jiri Bicek, Matt DeMarchi) 14:20
Springfield - Mike Stutzel (powerplay) (Frank Banham, Jeff Taffe) 19:26

Period 3
Springfield - Peter Ferraro (powerplay) (Mike Wilson, Jason Jaspers) 9:18

Shots on goal:

Springfield 22
Albany 34

Old
10-25-2003, 04:54 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Just a few comments:

Totally blah hockey game. I don't usually complain about officiating, but this ref was particularly annoying, completely disrupting the flow of the game.

Foster played. Saw him do a couple of good things offensively. He's pretty aggressive, but not the fastest skater.

Balmochnykh played, he was ok, but nothing out of the ordinary. Then again, with all the calls, it was really hard to see anyone play for more than 3 seconds straight

David LeNeveu, the Springfield goalie, was excellent. Too bad the same can't be said for Clemmensen as the GWG was another soft goal

Suglobov did NOT play in tonight's game. He has some kind of minor muscle injury, nothing serious, and he should be back soon.

Also, Mike Matteucci had to be helped off the ice at the end of the third after being checked from behind by one of the Ferraro brothers.

There was also a good fight where Victor Uchevatov levelled Peter Ferraro (after Ferraro pounced on him after Uchevatov took down a Falcons player in a perfectly clean hipcheck)

Old
10-25-2003, 05:24 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

some important stuff i forgot:

suglobov did NOT play in tonight's game. he has some minor muscle injury, nothing serious, and he should be back soon.

also, mike matteucci had to be helped off the ice at the end of the third after being checked from behind by one of the ferraro brothers.

there was also a good fight where victor uchevatov levelled peter ferraro (after ferraro pounced on him after uchevatov took down a falcons player in a perfectly clean hipcheck)

Old
10-25-2003, 08:19 PM
Niedermayer21

ratsgirl, do you think Uchevatov will ever make it to the NHL? Can you compare his style to a present NHLer?

Thanks! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-25-2003, 08:54 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Was Ahonen backing up Clemmensen tonight? I read in the Star Ledger that he had his knee scoped in NJ a few weeks ago and was sent back to Albany.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
10-26-2003, 01:55 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
Was Ahonen backing up Clemmensen tonight? I read in the Star Ledger that he had his knee scoped in NJ a few weeks ago and was sent back to Albany.
No, Kostur was the backup again.
I'm sure Ahonen will play once he's 100%--Clemmensen doesn't usually play this many games in a row.

Old
10-26-2003, 02:42 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer27
ratsgirl, do you think Uchevatov will ever make it to the NHL? Can you compare his style to a present NHLer?

tough one. i would guess not. (then again, i always hoped that colin white would never make it to the NHL, so what do i know?)

counting in his favor:
keeps everything simple, doesn't make a lot of mistakes.
doesn't take stupid penalties.
and he's still only 20.

counting against him:
-although he has improved, he still doesn't use his size/body nearly enough. he's big, and built like a bulldozer.
-has no offensive skills at all.
-most of the time he is not nearly mean/aggressive enough (i can't remember ever seeing him fight before)

Old
10-26-2003, 03:15 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:

Tough one. My guess would be no. Of course I also hoped that Colin White would never make it to the NHL, so what do I know?

Comparing is difficult, if I had to, I'd say he plays a little like Daneyko (sorry, not current anymore), keeps everything ultra simple, and has no offensive skills at all. Unlike Dano, though, he plays without much, if any, aggression/meanness--I don't remember Uchevatov ever fighting before, and he hardly ever takes any penalties.

Old
10-26-2003, 04:36 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:

Tough one. My guess would be no. Of course I also hoped that Colin White would never make it to the NHL, so what do I know?

Comparing is difficult, if I had to, I'd say he plays a little like Daneyko; keeps everything ultra simple, and has no offensive skills. Unlike Dano, though, he plays without much, if any, aggression/meanness--I don't remember Uchevatov fighting before, and he doesn't take many penalties.

Old
10-26-2003, 05:52 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
No, Kostur was the backup again. I don't know what the normal recovery time is for arthroscopic procedures?

Old
10-26-2003, 06:10 AM
18Sarge

Send a message via ICQ to 18Sarge
It depends on what was done. It can eb a short as a couple of days, which isnt the case it seems. Or it can be months. It all depends on what eh had to have done.

Old
10-26-2003, 08:51 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Normally if one's knee is scoped he should rest for one month. It could be few weeks less or more. It really depend on a situtation.

Old
10-26-2003, 09:46 AM
hockey fan

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl

Comparing is difficult, if I had to, I'd say he plays a little like Daneyko; keeps everything ultra simple, and has no offensive skills. Unlike Dano, though, he plays without much, if any, aggression/meanness--I don't remember Uchevatov fighting before, and he doesn't take many penalties.
You're right about Victor not taking too many penalties, but he did have another fight. It was during the home opener of his rookie season. In my opinion, he certainly won. It would be nice to see him use his body more, because he is a big guy.

Closed Thread