HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

trade predictions

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2006, 01:04 PM
goodrev

vCash: 500
trade predictions

i am predicting that Clarke makes 2 moves, one for Samsonov, perhaps with leetch thrown in for either 2 2nd round picks or a pick and a prospect, and most likely recchi from pitt.... overpriced at umberger

Old
03-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Jester

Morris makes more sense than leetch... all the noise is coming from that directions. if Clarke trades Umberger for Recchi straight-up then he's getting swindled, and that doesn't happen to Clarke much. 2nd rounder for Rex... max he should give up, and i question that even.

if we get Samsonov, we're not trading for Recchi... btw.

Old
03-07-2006, 01:14 PM
phlacheesesteak

Id much rather see us aquire Recchi for a draft pick. Umberger should not have to be traded to get him.

Morris I would like to see. but I dont have much of a guess of what it would take to get him.

Old
03-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfphillystyle
Id much rather see us aquire Recchi for a draft pick. Umberger should not have to be traded to get him.

Morris I would like to see. but I dont have much of a guess of what it would take to get him.
Morris: pick... non-roster maybe... UFA.

Old
03-07-2006, 01:20 PM
04' hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Morris: pick... non-roster maybe... UFA.
Isn't Morris always hurt?????????, perfect fit in Philly

Old
03-07-2006, 01:21 PM
phlacheesesteak

id take a chance on him with a pick.

Old
03-07-2006, 01:25 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I'm thinking that if the Flyers do make a pitch for Morris, then I could see Umberger going the other way. Preferably, if we're giving up Umberger, I'd much rather have Mara instead. Simply put, he usually plays a full season and I think his overall game would benefit under Hitch.

As for a forward, geez, I don't know if we should re-acquire Recchi. I'm a huge Recchi fan, but I'm wondering if he would really want to come back here. He left with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, and to a certain extent, rightfully so. Yeah, we can all say it's a business, blah, blah, blah, but Recchi was one of the better players here and Clarke did nothing to offer him a contract. Yeah, Clarke said he wanted to wait until the CBA was resolved, but out of courtesy, he should have offered Recchi something.

If anything, I'd like to see us get a little bit younger and I'd like to see Clarke go after a good defensive forward so that Hitch can finally put together a checking line and not mix and match the checking line every night. Get someone like Walz so that Hitch can officially put a line of Walz/Handzus/Radivojevic together for the post season. It also frees up Mike Richards of that responsibility and lets him get a chance to develop his much undervalued offensive game. We all know that Mike is great defensively, but this kid can score when given the opportunity and can generate his own offense. He reminds me so much of Doug Gilmour that I think it would be a shame to waste Richards' talents by being a checker alone.

I just don't know what would become of Carter then. You'd have to figure that once playoff time rolls around, Hitch is going to lean extra hard on the top 3 lines and if Carter's on the fourth, he's going to get minimal time and it might negatively impact his confidence. I hope in the offseason, this team has some sort of plan on what they're going to do with Richards, Carter, and Umberger (if he isn't dealt) in year two. You can't keep holding these guys back anymore when they've been regularly outperforming most of the veterans on this team. I've got a funny feeling this offseason, we might see Hitch loosen up quite a bit and let these kids run with the ball.

Old
03-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
I'm thinking that if the Flyers do make a pitch for Morris, then I could see Umberger going the other way. Preferably, if we're giving up Umberger, I'd much rather have Mara instead. Simply put, he usually plays a full season and I think his overall game would benefit under Hitch.

As for a forward, geez, I don't know if we should re-acquire Recchi. I'm a huge Recchi fan, but I'm wondering if he would really want to come back here. He left with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, and to a certain extent, rightfully so. Yeah, we can all say it's a business, blah, blah, blah, but Recchi was one of the better players here and Clarke did nothing to offer him a contract. Yeah, Clarke said he wanted to wait until the CBA was resolved, but out of courtesy, he should have offered Recchi something.

If anything, I'd like to see us get a little bit younger and I'd like to see Clarke go after a good defensive forward so that Hitch can finally put together a checking line and not mix and match the checking line every night. Get someone like Walz so that Hitch can officially put a line of Walz/Handzus/Radivojevic together for the post season. It also frees up Mike Richards of that responsibility and lets him get a chance to develop his much undervalued offensive game. We all know that Mike is great defensively, but this kid can score when given the opportunity and can generate his own offense. He reminds me so much of Doug Gilmour that I think it would be a shame to waste Richards' talents by being a checker alone.

I just don't know what would become of Carter then. You'd have to figure that once playoff time rolls around, Hitch is going to lean extra hard on the top 3 lines and if Carter's on the fourth, he's going to get minimal time and it might negatively impact his confidence. I hope in the offseason, this team has some sort of plan on what they're going to do with Richards, Carter, and Umberger (if he isn't dealt) in year two. You can't keep holding these guys back anymore when they've been regularly outperforming most of the veterans on this team. I've got a funny feeling this offseason, we might see Hitch loosen up quite a bit and let these kids run with the ball.
a UFA coming off the IR tonight shouldn't be fetching a roster player -- with the presumed upside -- like Umberger. controlled contract v. UFA... that's a BIG DEAL in the salary cap environment. Clarke would be a moron to pull a deal like that. young for young... picks for Old.

Old
03-07-2006, 01:52 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
im willing to take a chance on Morris for one of the 7 2nd rounders we have(or whatever it is).
Dont think we are going to get Samsonov or Leetch, Boston still believes they are going to make the playofffs. At the very worst Boston stands pat at the deadline IMO.
I just hope Clarke doesnt panic and give up Carter or Richards for Doan.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 03-07-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old
03-07-2006, 03:21 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
im willing to take a chance on Morris for one of the 7 2nd rounders we have(or whatever it is).
Dont think we are going to get Samsonov or Leetch, Boston still believes they are going to make the playofffs. At the very worst Boston stats pat at the deadline IMO.
I just hope Clarke doesnt panic and give up Carter or Richards for Doan.
I think Carter and Richards are off the table, except maybe for a Jokinen, and that is why the Rumor Mill is so quiet.

Butt their will bee trades, weather we liek it or knot.

Old
03-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC
I think Carter and Richards are off the table, except maybe for a Jokinen, and that is why the Rumor Mill is so quiet.

if Carter/Richards are going anywhere for a UFA we need to start concentrating to storm the Bastille... all i'm saying.

Old
03-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
if Carter/Richards are going anywhere for a UFA we need to start concentrating to storm the Bastille... all i'm saying.
Agree. Reports came out today that they are untouchable (again). Umberger will be the only young player moved, if any.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:24 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC

would never EVER give up any prospect for Jokinen. especially Carter or Richards.
Jokinen would be nothing more then a rental. ie. 2nd round pick at the very most.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
would never EVER give up any prospect for Jokinen. especially Carter or Richards.
Jokinen would be nothing more then a rental. ie. 2nd round pick at the very most.
That's waay too much dude. Try a 4th.

Old
03-08-2006, 12:01 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin
That's waay too much dude. Try a 4th.
Wait, Mark Recchi will demand a Doug Weight-esque return, but Olli Jokinen would demand a 4th? What?

Old
03-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
Wait, Mark Recchi will demand a Doug Weight-esque return, but Olli Jokinen would demand a 4th? What?
Maybe if you add in Umberger they'll give you Horton and Bouwmeester too.

Old
03-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
I think Steve was being sarcastic.

But I agree with the first poster, it's not worth giving up anything significant, especially our top rookies, for a rental.

Old
03-08-2006, 12:14 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
I think Steve was being sarcastic.

But I agree with the first poster, it's not worth giving up anything significant, especially our top rookies, for a rental.
I hope so. Based on what he was demanding for Recchi+ in the other thread, though, how was I supposed to know? I agree that a lone 2nd is a ridiculous proposal for Jokinen.

"Maybe if you add in Umberger they'll give you Horton and Bouwmeester too."

Does that even make sense?

Old
03-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
I hope so. Based on what he was demanding for Recchi+ in the other thread, though, how was I supposed to know? I agree that a lone 2nd is a ridiculous proposal for Jokinen.

"Maybe if you add in Umberger they'll give you Horton and Bouwmeester too."

Does that even make sense?
Yes, wingers are much more valuable.

Old
03-08-2006, 12:18 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Yes, wingers are much more valuable.

Old
03-08-2006, 12:33 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:

because hes a UFA. I would never give up more then a draft pick for him, lose a guy like Umberger for a guy who has a chance to be elsewhere next season?
no thanks.

Old
03-08-2006, 12:59 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

My personal predictions:

To Minnesota: 4th round pick in 2006, 3rd in 2007
To Philadelphia: Wes Walz

To Phoenix: Stefan Ruzicka, 2nd pick in 2006, 2nd in 2007
To Philadelphia: Paul Mara

To Pittsburgh: 3rd round pick in 2006, future considerations
To Philadelphia: Ryan Malone

****I strongly believe Recchi will be dealt to Calgary in a bigger deal involving Jordan Leopold****

Old
03-08-2006, 08:19 AM
facts

It also frees up Mike Richards of that responsibility and lets him get a chance to develop his much undervalued offensive game. We all know that Mike is great defensively, but this kid can score when given the opportunity and can generate his own offense. He reminds me so much of Doug Gilmour that I think it would be a shame to waste Richards' talents by being a checker alone.

I just don't know what would become of Carter then.
What are you talking about? Richards should have his role limited to checker so that he can succeed. A rookie should never be put in a role where he could fail and offense should never be a high expectation. Richards missed two breakaways against the Habs and you saw the shootout. Carter would have buried at least 1 of those because he is more offensively orientated. Hitch rewards guys by giving them extra responsible ice- ironic as Carter never sees the same amount of ice intially as Richards- because we are constanly killing penalties and when we aren't Forsberg needs the ice. You want undervalued offense look no further than Carter.

Last edited by facts: 03-08-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old
03-08-2006, 09:17 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

what I like about Clarke is the fact that he is not afraid to turn over the apple cart

I think he will make three moves

1--Get another goalie

2--get another stay at home d-man

3--checking fw

Old
03-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by facts

It also frees up Mike Richards of that responsibility and lets him get a chance to develop his much undervalued offensive game. We all know that Mike is great defensively, but this kid can score when given the opportunity and can generate his own offense. He reminds me so much of Doug Gilmour that I think it would be a shame to waste Richards' talents by being a checker alone.

I just don't know what would become of Carter then.
What are you talking about? Richards should have his role limited to checker so that he can succeed. A rookie should never be put in a role where he could fail and offense should never be a high expectation. Richards missed two breakaways against the Habs and you saw the shootout. Carter would have buried at least 1 of those because he is more offensively orientated. Hitch rewards guys by giving them extra responsible ice- ironic as Carter never sees the same amount of ice intially as Richards- because we are constanly killing penalties and when we aren't Forsberg needs the ice. You want undervalued offense look no further than Carter.
Carter turns the puck over too much... he also needs to just generally get stronger on the puck. He has a ton of skill, which is why he's produced and is given time on the PP unit... but he's not a safe player to have out on the ice for 15 minutes of 5 on 5 yet. Need to get him in the weight room with Gagne this offseason, since Gagne clearly spent the lockout developing a much better physical frame to play in this league.

You hit the nail on the head as well... Carter gets decent ice-time given that he NEVER is out on the PK and is on a team that is as deep as ours at Center.

Closed Thread