HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My 2 Tweak Trades

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2006, 11:39 PM
matthew94

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to matthew94
My 2 Tweak Trades

What do you think about the following 2 minor deals:

1. T. Pyatt for B. Witt
2. M. Norenen for M. Gelinas

Picks or something could be added to even things up if necessary, but I like the idea of adding a solid d-man and giving up on Pyatt. I've always liked Gelinas and have seem him as a spark wherever he goes.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:43 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew94

1. T. Pyatt for B. Witt

Picks or something could be added to even things up if necessary, but I like the idea of adding a solid d-man and giving up on Pyatt. I've always liked Gelinas and have seem him as a spark wherever he goes.

Gelinas/Goose/Mair Now thats a sparkplug line

Witt I'm not so sure about

Old
03-07-2006, 11:46 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
I could "live" with it... I WANT STAOIS!!!

Old
03-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Jim Boeheim

I like the gelinas deal, but I'm not sure Florida is looking for a goaltender.
If they deal Luongo, which is doubftul to me, then that changes things.

Poor Mika though.
He'd be going to a team to backup another tender who plays an absurd amount of games.

56 starts in 61 Florida games = 92% of the time

Old
03-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Hawerchuk10

Quote:

1. T. Pyatt for B. Witt
Would be awesome, but not gonna happen.

Old
03-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Gelinas serves little purpose and Witt is a self-serving individual who's contributions aren't worth the feel-good hits he tries to make. No thanks to either.

03-08-2006, 12:10 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Gelinas serves little purpose and Witt is a self-serving individual who's contributions aren't worth the feel-good hits he tries to make. No thanks to either.
Disagree he has always been a playoff warrior. I wouldn't mind getting him for a pick.

Old
03-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Bodmanza
Rebuild Inception

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
I could "live" with it... I WANT STAOIS!!!
And we want Biron!! Dontcha see Darcy, both your Sabre fans and us Oilers want it to happen. Make it so!

Old
03-08-2006, 01:17 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

I don't know why, but Marty seems like a pretty good fit in EDM.

Old
03-08-2006, 01:40 AM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
no thanks on Witt.

I'll give Washington Peters to keep him (or, better yet, trade him to Ottawa )

Old
03-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Oilman72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuddy27
I don't know why, but Marty seems like a pretty good fit in EDM.
God, why won't it just happen already. Your GM should stop tippy toeing around afraid that Miller's going get hurt any second and just make the trade. I guarantee you you'd be happy with Staios.

I personally like Staios a lot and wouldn't like to see him traded at all but you have to give something to get something.

Old
03-08-2006, 07:21 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilman72
God, why won't it just happen already. Your GM should stop tippy toeing around afraid that Miller's going get hurt any second and just make the trade. I guarantee you you'd be happy with Staios.

I personally like Staios a lot and wouldn't like to see him traded at all but you have to give something to get something.
So you have it on some authority that Lowe has actually offered something (Staios) at this point? Building an accusation, even based on logical deduction, is not much of a case for damning an individual. And it seems that is a prevelant conversation for Oil fans and so far there is nothing from anyone saying that anything that would help the Sabres right now has been offered.

Old
03-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Bodmanza
Rebuild Inception

vCash: 50
Quote:
So you have it on some authority that Lowe has actually offered something (Staios) at this point? Building an accusation, even based on logical deduction, is not much of a case for damning an individual. And it seems that is a prevelant conversation for Oil fans and so far there is nothing from anyone saying that anything that would help the Sabres right now has been offered.
But lets say you are Kevin Lowe, Chainshot. So far this year you have hit home runs with Tarnstrom (traded for Cory Bag-o-Pucks Cross and Jani Rita) and Spacek (Salmelainen. This one is upper deck). You have addressed the defence issue mainly to free up a defender to grab a goaltender. That was the consensus here in Edmonton. With Matt Greene playing like he is, one of him MAB or Staios are expendable. It makes NO sense whatsoever to think that Lowe is offering picks or prospects at this point because, as MacT said in the Edmonton Sun today, we are willing to overpay. I can't in good conscience think that Lowe is lowballing Regier.
At the same time, I don't think it is quite the "tippy toe-ing" that the previous poster suggested it was.
I say you guys get a 2nd rounder for Noronen from us and lets end all this. Or Staios for Biron. Either way...

Old
03-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull
Disagree he has always been a playoff warrior. I wouldn't mind getting him for a pick.
Where does he fit in? He's not an upgrade over the checking line guys they already have and with Connolly's return likely pushing one of the 4th liners (Pyatt) back to the press box... they'd be looking at sitting who? The 12 guys left in the lineup are all solid contributors and while I like Gelinas (or Drake or Ricci) in that sort of 3rd-line fill-in role, they have more guys with more to offer at this point due to good health.

Old
03-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Where does he fit in? He's not an upgrade over the checking line guys they already have and with Connolly's return likely pushing one of the 4th liners (Pyatt) back to the press box... they'd be looking at sitting who? The 12 guys left in the lineup are all solid contributors and while I like Gelinas (or Drake or Ricci) in that sort of 3rd-line fill-in role, they have more guys with more to offer at this point due to good health.
I agree. Unfortunately there is no room for a guy like Gelinas, but if the need was there he would be #1 on my list. He is a proven playoff performer everywhere he's been. It's rather mind boggling to see how much that guy steps up in the playoffs.

Old
03-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilman72

I think the assumption that Regier is retaining Biron as injury insurance has been largely generated by the fanbase. In reality, I suspect that Regier isn't getting any substantial offers for Biron. And I'm willing to bet that Regier doesn't consider Staios a "substantial" offer.

Old
03-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9
I agree. Unfortunately there is no room for a guy like Gelinas, but if the need was there he would be #1 on my list. He is a proven playoff performer everywhere he's been. It's rather mind boggling to see how much that guy steps up in the playoffs.
No room at all. The Sabres depth chart goes 5 solid lines deep:

C- Briere-Drury-Connolly-Roy-Gaustad
RW- Dumont-Grier-Afinogenov-Pominville-Mair
LW- Hecht-Kotalik-Vanek-Pyatt-Peters

The only thing you could realistically upgrade is playoff experience, but that isn't enough to bump one of the top 9-12 out.

Old
03-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo
No room at all. The Sabres depth chart goes 5 solid lines deep:

C- Briere-Drury-Connolly-Roy-Gaustad
RW- Dumont-Grier-Afinogenov-Pominville-Mair
LW- Hecht-Kotalik-Vanek-Pyatt-Peters

The only thing you could realistically upgrade is playoff experience, but that isn't enough to bump one of the top 9-12 out.
Deepest team in the NHL.

Old
03-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkTheNark
But lets say you are Kevin Lowe, Chainshot.
Ok, I'm Kevin Lowe....

Quote:
So far this year you have hit home runs with Tarnstrom (traded for Cory Bag-o-Pucks Cross and Jani Rita)
Wow, why did I sign that bum Cross in the first place? Thank God I got rid of him. Oh, and I got someone who can play on the PP unit for him? Damn, I saved myself some heat there.

Quote:
... and Spacek (Salmelainen. This one is upper deck).
Good LD for next to nothing long-term.... I rock.

Quote:
You have addressed the defence issue mainly to free up a defender to grab a goaltender.
What, you mean I was still so drunk when I signed Cross that I thought Conklin was good?!? *K-lowe-chain phones local substance abuse program and hangs up on Mike Barnett, worried for my longterm health and well-being.

Quote:
That was the consensus here in Edmonton. With Matt Greene playing like he is, one of him MAB or Staios are expendable.
I happen to like both Staios and Bergeron to no end. More so than I like Tarnstrom and Spacek. I also think getting Ulanov out of the lineup is nearly as good as running Cory Cross over with a bus. Out of the lineup is a good thing there.

Quote:
It makes NO sense whatsoever to think that Lowe is offering picks or prospects at this point because, as MacT said in the Edmonton Sun today, we are willing to overpay.
And with picks/prospects I can land Roloson or Joseph and not touch my current roster heading into the playoffs. I'm also not on the hook for any salary for next season and have freedom this summer to shore up the net with a tranisition player while I wait for one of my goaltenders like JDD to mature.

*K-lowe-chain hangs up in mid-registration to substance abuse clinic to call MacTavish and give him an over the phone tail chewing. Overpay?!? This isn't his little team to play with. I'll show him who's in charge! Get me Mike Barnett!

Quote:
I can't in good conscience think that Lowe is lowballing Regier.
No, but I do wonder if he's willing to move a proven top 4 guy who's so integrated into the Oil identity when the reports are that he, I, him... errr -- Lowe may be offering up Torres.

Quote:
At the same time, I don't think it is quite the "tippy toe-ing" that the previous poster suggested it was.
I say you guys get a 2nd rounder for Noronen from us and lets end all this. Or Staios for Biron. Either way...
I'd be on that 2nd rounder for Noronen in a flash as Regier. But the k-lowe-chain is going to say, hey, this guy hasn't played much this year and is he really all that better than Conkanen, errr Markalin, err Markinson... Who the hell are my goalies?

*Hangs up on Barnett, calls substance abuse clinic back incredulous at who I have in net after I landed Pronger and Peca....

Staios seems logical. Heck, I posed that very same idea in the beginning of August (and was roundly beaten for it by some Oil fans), but until I see something I can put credence in that that is the offer... I can only fall back on the idea of Torres or MA Pouliot or that bum Winchester I, he, errr-- Lowe! signed to the one way contract.

Old
03-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Ok, I'm Kevin Lowe....

Wow, why did I sign that bum Cross in the first place? Thank God I got rid of him. Oh, and I got someone who can play on the PP unit for him? Damn, I saved myself some heat there.

Good LD for next to nothing long-term.... I rock.

What, you mean I was still so drunk when I signed Cross that I thought Conklin was good?!? *K-lowe-chain phones local substance abuse program and hangs up on Mike Barnett, worried for my longterm health and well-being.

I happen to like both Staios and Bergeron to no end. More so than I like Tarnstrom and Spacek. I also think getting Ulanov out of the lineup is nearly as good as running Cory Cross over with a bus. Out of the lineup is a good thing there.

And with picks/prospects I can land Roloson or Joseph and not touch my current roster heading into the playoffs. I'm also not on the hook for any salary for next season and have freedom this summer to shore up the net with a tranisition player while I wait for one of my goaltenders like JDD to mature.

*K-lowe-chain hangs up in mid-registration to substance abuse clinic to call MacTavish and give him an over the phone tail chewing. Overpay?!? This isn't his little team to play with. I'll show him who's in charge! Get me Mike Barnett!

No, but I do wonder if he's willing to move a proven top 4 guy who's so integrated into the Oil identity when the reports are that he, I, him... errr -- Lowe may be offering up Torres.

I'd be on that 2nd rounder for Noronen in a flash as Regier. But the k-lowe-chain is going to say, hey, this guy hasn't played much this year and is he really all that better than Conkanen, errr Markalin, err Markinson... Who the hell are my goalies?

*Hangs up on Barnett, calls substance abuse clinic back incredulous at who I have in net after I landed Pronger and Peca....

Staios seems logical. Heck, I posed that very same idea in the beginning of August (and was roundly beaten for it by some Oil fans), but until I see something I can put credence in that that is the offer... I can only fall back on the idea of Torres or MA Pouliot or that bum Winchester I, he, errr-- Lowe! signed to the one way contract.
Thanks, I needed that.

Old
03-08-2006, 11:41 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:

1. T. Pyatt for B. Witt

My Tweak Trades:

Cutris Brown for a 5th rounder.
Derek Morris, 3rd round pick for Pyatt, Noronen and a 2nd rounder

Old
03-08-2006, 12:58 PM
K-Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty
Thanks, I needed that.

Me, too. That was great.

Chain, can we say you're Mike Barnett now? You know any Risebrough?

Old
03-08-2006, 01:00 PM
joshjull

Quote:
I would take Gelinas over Pyatt in a heart beat. I know on these boards that is sacrilege.

Old
03-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull
I would take Gelinas over Pyatt in a heart beat. I know on these boards that is sacrilege.
So that puts Pyatt next to him in the second best seat in the pressbox. As much as I'd like to see more from Pyatt, he's the likely guy out of the rotation once Connolly is off IR (today). I'd take Gelinas over him too --- but I wouldn't take Gelinas over the first 12 the team already has.

Vanek-Roy-Afinogenov
Breire-Connolly-Dumont
Hecht-Drury-Grier
Kotalik-Gaustad-Pominville

Old
03-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
So that puts Pyatt next to him in the second best seat in the pressbox. As much as I'd like to see more from Pyatt, he's the likely guy out of the rotation once Connolly is off IR (today). I'd take Gelinas over him too --- but I wouldn't take Gelinas over the first 12 the team already has.

Vanek-Roy-Afinogenov
Breire-Connolly-Dumont
Hecht-Drury-Grier
Kotalik-Gaustad-Pominville
that's a damned sexy lineup.

Closed Thread