HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Non-Rangers Trade Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2006, 12:17 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Official Non-Rangers Trade Thread

Rangers summary of trade deadline
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1981
TSN trade tracker http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=6307&hubname=

Last edited by n8: 03-10-2006 at 12:17 AM.
Old
03-08-2006, 12:32 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Hmm, Roloson to EDM for a first....I'd do that over whatever the Yotes were asking for Cujo, mustve been about the same, Rolo is younger.

Old
03-08-2006, 12:46 PM
rpk113

now does this open the floodgates? Does it set the market for other GM's? #1 Goaltender is good for one high pick? so other high caliber players are worth high picks/depth players?

Old
03-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Yikes. I would've dealt Weekes for a 1st!

Old
03-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
we cant deal weekes even for a first, come on what if henke gets hurt, god forbid? than what we scramble for a goalie or montoya suddenly has the season on his shoulders? plus what about the lockeroom chemistry, there is no more supportive backup in hockey in my opinion than the way weekes has been for the rangers, hes never opened his mouth and complained

guys who can be moved from our roster
hossa
niemmen
orr
hollweg

those are the only names i can see sather even contemplating moving, poti has played too well, the roszvial-malik pair has been to good, tyuts and kasper arent moving and strudwick wouldnt bring back anything and hes a leader

as far as fowards only rucchin, betts, and ward are players that would be desireable, as oppossed to the untouchables (the czechs, nylander, orts, moore) but really what will any of those 3 bring back?

i could see niemmen being moved, maybe hossa, i doubt anyone wants orr and hollweg i cant see being traded unless we are getting a gritty player back

just my take, if we make a move its gonna be niemmen, hossa, mid level prospects or some picks

Old
03-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
I agree that we need Weekes, but a 1st round pick? What's going to help us more in the future, Weekes or a 1st round pick? Obviously the first-rounder.

It's a tough decision.

Old
03-08-2006, 01:19 PM
bathgate

Jan: I can't agree. We are still in rebuild phase. If a team, perhaps the Canucks, offer a number 1 choice, we must make the move. We still need to sacrifice, if necessary, the short term. I'm not sure Renney believes we can compete for the Cup this year. We need to accumulate more assets

Old
03-08-2006, 01:22 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
I agree that we need Weekes, but a 1st round pick? What's going to help us more in the future, Weekes or a 1st round pick? Obviously the first-rounder.

It's a tough decision.

or weekes or kesler, id take kesler, we can use a young forward with size in the NHL.

Old
03-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate
Jan: I can't agree. We are still in rebuild phase. If a team, perhaps the Canucks, offer a number 1 choice, we must make the move. We still need to sacrifice, if necessary, the short term. I'm not sure Renney believes we can compete for the Cup this year. We need to accumulate more assets
your gonna sacrifice this season and this teams chemistry for a 1st round pick? have you seen our first round pick track record? malhotra, brendl, lundmark, and those are some of the better ones who at least made it to the nhl

im sorry guys but there is no way I trade weekes and im pretty sure sather is not gonna risk sacrificing this season trading weekes, imagine we win 16 more games and finish 3rd overall, and we dealt weekes to the avs for a 1st round pick and david aebischer to be our backup. after the 1st game in the first round lundqvist goes down due to an injury, god forbid, and then we have to go with montoya or abeischer the rest of the way, 2 guys who have had no affiliation with this team for most of the season

is that the message you want to send to jagr and prucha and other guys who worked their butts off all year, well that number 1 pick man looked real nice?

no way

sather will tweak this team, he wont deal any important kids but he also will not take away any key member from this roster

Old
03-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
or weekes or kesler, id take kesler, we can use a young forward with size in the NHL.
From what i've been hearing around the league, Vancouver won't be trading for a goalie. Weekes is here to stay this season.

Old
03-08-2006, 01:52 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Hmm, Roloson to EDM for a first....I'd do that over whatever the Yotes were asking for Cujo, mustve been about the same, Rolo is younger.

can we put younger in quotes?

Old
03-08-2006, 01:54 PM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
your gonna sacrifice this season and this teams chemistry for a 1st round pick? have you seen our first round pick track record? malhotra, brendl, lundmark, and those are some of the better ones who at least made it to the nhl

im sorry guys but there is no way I trade weekes and im pretty sure sather is not gonna risk sacrificing this season trading weekes, imagine we win 16 more games and finish 3rd overall, and we dealt weekes to the avs for a 1st round pick and david aebischer to be our backup. after the 1st game in the first round lundqvist goes down due to an injury, god forbid, and then we have to go with montoya or abeischer the rest of the way, 2 guys who have had no affiliation with this team for most of the season

is that the message you want to send to jagr and prucha and other guys who worked their butts off all year, well that number 1 pick man looked real nice?

no way

sather will tweak this team, he wont deal any important kids but he also will not take away any key member from this roster
The message is we ride Henke in the playoffs He is our franchise goalie.Only one goalie plays in the tournament. There is no message by trading Weekes. What happens, perish the thought, Jagr goes down? There is an element of luck in the playoffs. We take the chance, grab the 1st, use it perhaps to trade up in the draft for a stud center

Old
03-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate
The message is we ride Henke in the playoffs He is our franchise goalie.Only one goalie plays in the tournament. There is no message by trading Weekes. What happens, perish the thought, Jagr goes down? There is an element of luck in the playoffs. We take the chance, grab the 1st, use it perhaps to trade up in the draft for a stud center
well then by that rationale we should trade jagr since he is the leading scorer in the league, heck he could net us a first round pick this year and next for rebuilding? come on dude, who knows if the rangers will be this good next year or 3 years down the line? sather isnt gonna mess with chemistry. we havent had CHEMISTRY in about 7 years

obviously a #1 pick would be nice but the team that need a goalie the worst, the oilers made that deal, i dont see anyone else throwing around a 1st for weekes

Old
03-08-2006, 02:02 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:

no way

So you wouldn't trade Weekes for the Av's first rounder (upper teens, lower 20's) AND Aebischer...your crazy man, no way in hell do the Av's do that anyways

Old
03-08-2006, 02:04 PM
bathgate

Quote:
well then by that rationale we should trade jagr since he is the leading scorer in the league, heck he could net us a first round pick this year and next for rebuilding? come on dude, who knows if the rangers will be this good next year or 3 years down the line? sather isnt gonna mess with chemistry. we havent had CHEMISTRY in about 7 years

obviously a #1 pick would be nice but the team that need a goalie the worst, the oilers made that deal, i dont see anyone else throwing around a 1st for weekes
Here's the difference. Without Weekes we still compete. Without Jagr we're finished. BTW, IF we were not in the playoffs, I WOULD trade Jagr and receive the best package possible. To me, its still about building. Weekes will never lead us to the promised land. Henke could. Next year if we sit in the Isles position, trade Jagr.

Old
03-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2
So you wouldn't trade Weekes for the Av's first rounder (upper teens, lower 20's) AND Aebischer...your crazy man, no way in hell do the Av's do that anyways
I don't... do you realize how lucky this team has been healthwise? do you remember how many players we had hurt last year, the year before, etc and etc

this team could win a round or two in the playoffs, im not messing with chemistry for a draft pick that may turn out to be nothing

im not advocating we trade for bertuzzi or witt or any other vet, id do simon for niemmen and see what we can do in getting a 7th d-man, and see where this team goes

but we are currently in 2006 and the 2006 playoffs are coming up, im not concerned after 2009 and some kid who may never even wear a ranger uniform other than on draft day

Old
03-08-2006, 02:09 PM
dedalus

Quote:
your gonna sacrifice this season and this teams chemistry for a 1st round pick?
You write this because you know that moving Weekes would end the season and destroy the team's chemistry? I don't see it.

If Lundqvist went down for a short stretch (and has no injury history so we cannot call that a likely possibility) Montoya can be given the opportunity. If Lundqvist goes down for a long stretch (meaning into the playoffs), this season is done with or without Weekes and fans should be happy they've gotten a #1 to ease the blow of that.

Old
03-08-2006, 02:11 PM
NYR fan 2

Quote:
but we are currently in 2006 and the 2006 playoffs are coming up, im not concerned after 2009 and some kid who may never even wear a ranger uniform other than on draft day
You should be concerned about 2009 over 2006, this is called a REBUILD. Trading Weekes for Aebischer will not mess up chemistry that much. if at all. And a FIRST round pick that we can package with our own first rounder for a top-10 pick, without giving up Montoya, hell I am all for it

Old
03-08-2006, 02:11 PM
NYR fan 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
You write this because you know that moving Weekes would end the season?

I don't see it. If Lundqvist went down for a short stretch (and has no injury history so we cannot call that a likely possibility) Montoya can be given the opportunity. If Lundqvist goes down for a long stretch (meaning into the playoffs), this season is done with or without Weekes and fans should be happy they've gotten a #1 to ease the blow of that.
Don't forget we would have Aebischer too

Old
03-08-2006, 02:16 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8
Roloson to Oilers for 1st and conditional
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157671&hubname=nhl
No that can't be right the all knowing Eklund reported yesterday that he was going to Tampa...

Old
03-08-2006, 02:47 PM
BigE

Quote:
You're not kidding.

Nonis wasn't lying when he said the price was high - a first rounder is ludicrous.

Old
03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Is Lowe on crack?How can you trade for Roloson thinking he is going to lead the Oilers on a cup run?Doug Risebrough must have pictures of Kevin with the some chippies.Come on

Old
03-08-2006, 02:56 PM
BigE

To be honest with you, that team has another year or so left after this one to put it together - they're relatively young. I might have gambled on Noronen for a lesser price, and if he doesn't work out I take my money and run towards the hottest tender on the market this summer. Perhaps he's feeling the pressure, but I'm not sure that they are in a "must win" situation.

Old
03-08-2006, 03:15 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
JO41 you have been hot lately. I would love to have Kesler also. would be a great pick up. I would go w/Alvaro as backup.

Old
03-08-2006, 04:34 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Luke Richardson to the Leafs for a 5th.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...08_172402_1452