HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Non-Rangers Trade Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2006, 05:59 PM
LiquidClown

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

and a conditional 4th

Old
03-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2
You should be concerned about 2009 over 2006, this is called a REBUILD. Trading Weekes for Aebischer will not mess up chemistry that much. if at all. And a FIRST round pick that we can package with our own first rounder for a top-10 pick, without giving up Montoya, hell I am all for it
im tired of hearing rebuild, what team rebuilds and is in 3rd place in their conference? what team rebuilds and their top 6 has 5 players over 30 and one at 29? what team rebuilds and has one defensemen under the age of 28 in their top 6?

we have a rookie goalie, a rookie d-man, and 4 kids on the 3rd and mostly 4th lines

this is not a true rebuild, this is a team with chemistry and sather is not gonna break it up for a draft pick

what is so difficult for you guys to understand that? sather is not gonna deal away the only goalie on this team with nhl playoff experience, let alone stanley cup final experience for a draft pick and david abeischer

there is no reason to risk us having an unreliable netminder in the playoffs

this isnt a hard concept

Old
03-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Mikos87

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline...trade_deadline

Parrish, Sopel to Kings for Grebeshkov, and Tambellini, Milbury makes a good trade, never thought I would say that in my entire lifetime.

Old
03-08-2006, 06:31 PM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline/news_story/?ID=157712&hubname=nhl-trade_deadline

Parrish, Sopel to Kings for Grebeshkov, and Tambellini, Milbury makes a good trade, never thought I would say that in my entire lifetime.
That can't be right eklund said Colorado

Old
03-08-2006, 06:31 PM
dhasek3910

Good trade for both teams going to different directions.

Old
03-08-2006, 06:34 PM
LiquidClown

Quote:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline/news_story/?ID=157712&hubname=nhl-trade_deadline

Wow "The Islanders acquired Parrish and Oleg Kvasha in the trade that sent Roberto Luongo and Olli Jokinen to Florida in June 2000."

I forgot about how Parrish got there.....good to see Mad Mike got his money worth out of that one.

Old
03-08-2006, 06:49 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
im tired of hearing rebuild, what team rebuilds and is in 3rd place in their conference? what team rebuilds and their top 6 has 5 players over 30 and one at 29? what team rebuilds and has one defensemen under the age of 28 in their top 6?
tired of hearing rebuild after one year? We dismantled our WHOLE team at the last trade deadline. Public opinion of the free agents we brought in were "garbage".

We injected many first and second year players into the lineup that were NHL ready. Sorry....but Jessiman, Montoya, Korpikoski, Staal, Sauer, Dubinsky, Callahan, Baranka, Immonen, Dawes....etc couldn't make the jump into the NHL this year but have developed rather nicely elsewhere.

The rebuild STARTS in Juniors, college and the AHL ranks...it eventually moves into the NHL. While you are developing talent in the Minors/Juniors, you still need to field a NHL team. That is what we did.

NO ONE expected our collection of talent to be a top 5 NHL team. Most predicted bottom 5. Most of those "garbage" free agents we signed are on one year contracts and possibly will be leaving at the end of this year. Non-rebuilding teams don't sign their top line players to one year contracts.

The players we signed were rentals to alliviate pressure on the younger players, give them a chance at a little success and give others that aren't ready to have one more year of development time.

Just because we have had success this year doesn't mean we are fit to be a top contender in the following years. Rebuilding is for the future, not the here and now.

Old
03-08-2006, 06:55 PM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
tired of hearing rebuild after one year? We dismantled our WHOLE team at the last trade deadline. Public opinion of the free agents we brought in were "garbage".

We injected many first and second year players into the lineup that were NHL ready. Sorry....but Jessiman, Montoya, Korpikoski, Staal, Sauer, Dubinsky, Callahan, Baranka, Immonen, Dawes....etc couldn't make the jump into the NHL this year but have developed rather nicely elsewhere.

The rebuild STARTS in Juniors, college and the AHL ranks...it eventually moves into the NHL. While you are developing talent in the Minors/Juniors, you still need to field a NHL team. That is what we did.

NO ONE expected our collection of talent to be a top 5 NHL team. Most predicted bottom 5. Most of those "garbage" free agents we signed are on one year contracts and possibly will be leaving at the end of this year. Non-rebuilding teams don't sign their top line players to one year contracts.

The players we signed were rentals to alliviate pressure on the younger players, give them a chance at a little success and give others that aren't ready to have one more year of development time.

Just because we have had success this year doesn't mean we are fit to be a top contender in the following years. Rebuilding is for the future, not the here and now.

Old
03-08-2006, 06:57 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:

I remember there were rumors that the Rangers wanted Jeff Tambellini the year we drafted Montoya. The Kings would have gotten our pick #6 for their pick (#10 I believe) and Jeff Tambellini.

Old
03-08-2006, 07:35 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Theodore for Aebischer.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/

03-08-2006, 07:55 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Witt is definitley being moved, sitting out tonight just to confirm it

Old
03-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Wow if it truly is Aebi straight up for an injured Theodore. Lacroix has lost it. Montreal makes out like bandits with the cap savings and the fact that Aebi has outperformed Theodore this year. Ouch.

Old
03-08-2006, 08:16 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Theodore for Aebischer.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/
IMO Theodore >>> Aebischer
but with new NHL $$$$ >>> $
kinda strange.

edit: oh he's injured too.

Old
03-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Edge

I'll venture Lacroix thinks Theodore could be a better playoff goalie.

I've never really been wowed by Aebischer.

Old
03-08-2006, 08:27 PM
BigE

I've tried to post three times in this damn thread.

Wow is all I can say. You'd think Montreal would have learned their lesson with Roy - obviously not.

Hopefully he can find his game because he's a top 5 guy in the league when he's all there.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:23 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

for a 1st? Sold, no questions asked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I agree that we need Weekes, but a 1st round pick? What's going to help us more in the future, Weekes or a 1st round pick? Obviously the first-rounder.

It's a tough decision.
The 1st can be used to package with our own pick and or prospects to get a J. Staal, Kessel, or simply for our own selection. Weekes cost nothing. There will be other backups on the market in July. It certainly is a role of the dice, but one I think you have to do.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:28 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Most of our 1 year wonders are older players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99

see NJD for classic examples of why teams do not give multi year deals to older players. Back before the madness one year contracts were the norm. It is also the norm in the NFL and you will see vets moving around from team to team, year after year.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:30 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:

agreed. tambellini is the son of the former islander, that is prolly why it was done.

Old
03-09-2006, 02:13 AM
eco's bones

I have to agree if someone were to offer a 1st for Weekes he'd be gone. Weekes is decent but he's not taking us anywhere if HL gets hurt. I don't think it will happen though.

Old
03-09-2006, 02:34 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I'll venture Lacroix thinks Theodore could be a better playoff goalie.

I've never really been wowed by Aebischer.
Even so, Aebischer was cheap while Theodore's contract is enormous. I'd never take on that kind of money unless I was sure that I was getting a star goalie, with the wey Jose's played this year this is far from certain.

It could end up being a steal if Theodore plays like a Vezina winner, but it's a bigger risk than I would want to take.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:52 AM
DarthSather99

Devils got Ken Klee.

Quote:
Lou Lamoriello last night shipped his leading Albany prospect, Aleksander Suglubov, to the Maple Leafs for journeyman defenseman Ken Klee,

http://www.nypost.com/sports/devils/devils.htm

Old
03-09-2006, 10:10 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
see NJD for classic examples of why teams do not give multi year deals to older players. Back before the madness one year contracts were the norm. It is also the norm in the NFL and you will see vets moving around from team to team, year after year.
Are you saying that the Devils do not give multi year deals to their top players? I think you are confused with LL taking advantage of "restricted free agents" and their inability to move to another team. ANY top line player that is "free" and WANTED will not sign a one year contract, not even with the Devils. Do you think Elias, Gomez, Brodeur would sign a one year contract when they are FREE AGENTS? Did he offer Niedermeyer a one year deal?

Old
03-09-2006, 10:18 AM
McDonagh27

Keith Carney officially on the block... Brian Burke was just on TSN and confirmed this.... I hope the Rangers are tryin to grab him

Old
03-09-2006, 10:33 AM
bathgate

Montreal acquires Todd Simpson from the Hawks accordingly to the Toronto Star

Old
03-09-2006, 10:35 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander
Keith Carney officially on the block... Brian Burke was just on TSN and confirmed this.... I hope the Rangers are tryin to grab him
wont shock me, he has played with Rucchin and Sykora. Would help but is a bit old.

Closed Thread