HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Comrie Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 01:48 PM
H-Bear

vCash: 500
My Comrie Proposal

To NJ: Comrie, Conklin
To EDM: Gomez, Ahonen

We get an offensive centreman back (not a big guy like we want, but a good hockey player), and a goalie (former 1st rounder) who could replace Salo next year. I think this is a good idea because the Oilers aren't completely screwed if Salo doesn't start playing at a higher level. Also, EDM has an option on Salo for the next two years; having a youngster who is probably ready for the big time will allow EDM to cut Salo's 3.9 million at the end of the season.

Old
10-26-2003, 01:52 PM
gb701

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
To NJ: Comrie, Conklin
To EDM: Gomez, Ahonen

We get an offensive centreman back (not a big guy like we want, but a good hockey player), and a goalie (former 1st rounder) who could replace Salo next year. I think this is a good idea because the Oilers aren't completely screwed if Salo doesn't start playing at a higher level. Also, EDM has an option on Salo for the next two years; having a youngster who is probably ready for the big time will allow EDM to cut Salo's 3.9 million at the end of the season.
Not a bad deal, but after reading the Journal this morning, my vote is to sit him out indefinitely and don't do anything at all.

Winter can take his bargaining position and shove it.

Old
10-26-2003, 01:56 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb701
Not a bad deal, but after reading the Journal this morning, my vote is to sit him out indefinitely and don't do anything at all.

Winter can take his bargaining position and shove it.
That's all well and great, but when people put their ethos/pathos before their logos, really bad decisions tend to be made.

Egos should be set aside and the best thing for the Oilers franchise should be done.

Old
10-26-2003, 02:10 PM
speeds

sign me up from an EDM standpoint.

Old
10-26-2003, 03:40 PM
LawnDemon

that's overpaying from the devil's perspective... ahonen could be big-time someday. conklin has no chance of being more than a backup.

Closed Thread