HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Game Day Thread: Avs - Oilers

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 01:36 PM
serum114

vCash: 500
Game Day Thread: Avs - Oilers

Thought I'd start this off as apparently Kariya in on the DL and the Avs just dealt Battaglia and Johansson FOR Konowalchuk and a 3rd.

I wonder if Conks will get the call in net. Personally I'd like to see him between the pipes, just to see how he fares against a superior club like Colorado.

Here's to hoping Stoll gets a shot too...

If Reasoner stays up with Chimmer and D-Vo, a Moreau-York-Stoll line could be interesting.

My 2 cents...

Old
10-22-2003, 01:41 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Apparently Conklin is starting, i think Guy said that this morning, and Goon has said that Bergeron isn't playing

Old
10-22-2003, 01:41 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114
Thought I'd start this off as apparently Kariya in on the DL and the Avs just dealt Battaglia and Johansson FOR Konowalchuk and a 3rd.

I wonder if Conks will get the call in net. Personally I'd like to see him between the pipes, just to see how he fares against a superior club like Colorado.

Here's to hoping Stoll gets a shot too...

If Reasoner stays up with Chimmer and D-Vo, a Moreau-York-Stoll line could be interesting.

My 2 cents...
Kariya is on the IR with a sprained wrist. Certainly doesn't hurt. Go CONKS!

Old
10-22-2003, 01:43 PM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
Hmm...

I would love to see them sit out Cross and put Bergeron and Semenov in. Might be interesting but knowing MacT - it will never happen. At least until an injury occurs.

Old
10-22-2003, 02:21 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
Hmm...

I would love to see them sit out Cross and put Bergeron and Semenov in. Might be interesting but knowing MacT - it will never happen. At least until an injury occurs.
na, Cross has played pretty damn good the last week - he's earned his spot - Fergy is the guy who should be worried, again.

Old
10-22-2003, 02:54 PM
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Joe
Tthis game is on Sportsnet West @ 7 . Worrell is playing I heard , so hopefully him and Laraque drop the gloves .
That would be a good tilt, but probably will not happen.

Old
10-22-2003, 03:45 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
That would be a good tilt, but probably will not happen.
agreed - if it's close it won't happen. And if it does happen it'll be either in the first five minutes or the last five IMO.

Old
10-22-2003, 03:51 PM
USC Trojans
AD

I predict that the Oilers put up a good fight but in the end, Colorado is the more desperate team....4-3 Avs in OT.
:mad:

Old
10-22-2003, 03:55 PM
serum114

52 Oilers.

EDM: Isbister, Smyth, Brewer, Cross, Chimera
COL: Hahl, Tanguay

The Avs are playing without Kariya, which leaves them with a ton of talent but exposes their lack of depth. Conks stands on his head. A pair of controversies come out of the game, one about the Oilers goalies and the other about the Avs slow start.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:10 PM
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
agreed - if it's close it won't happen. And if it does happen it'll be either in the first five minutes or the last five IMO.
IMO if it happens right off it will give the Oilers a lift if the BG crushes him. That will give them the edge they need and if they play like they did against them last time they will win.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:22 PM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
Maybe this time the Oilers will retain the lead by playing a 60 minute game rather than a 10 minute one.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:30 PM
Oilers Hockey

4-2 Oil

Old
10-22-2003, 05:45 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
I heard Conks was starting but I didn't hear it from MacT so I guess take that with a grain of salt.

Also, it doesn't shock me that Semenov gets back in. MacT put him infor a reason on Saturday and the team won so why not go with that same line up?

As for Laraque VS Worrell... they are super tight buddies off the ice. If they do go, man it isn't because they want to put it that way.

Old
10-22-2003, 06:28 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
I heard Conks was starting but I didn't hear it from MacT so I guess take that with a grain of salt.

Also, it doesn't shock me that Semenov gets back in. MacT put him infor a reason on Saturday and the team won so why not go with that same line up?

As for Laraque VS Worrell... they are super tight buddies off the ice. If they do go, man it isn't because they want to put it that way.
aaahhhh..... well thats no good... Georges is to honorable to beat the ever living crap out of a buddy of his!

Old
10-22-2003, 09:29 PM
GorillazXL

Oilers bounce back from the St.Louis game and wins a 5-2 game.

Dvorak (2), Isbister, Hemsky, Brewer
Sakic, Hejduk

GXL

Old
10-23-2003, 12:35 AM
Yanner39

Hopefully the Oilers score their first road goal.

Both teams will be desperate. The Avs have lost 2 in row and the Oilers want to bounce back from the bad loss last game. I think the difference could very well be the depth of the Oilers. I think that depth was evident against St-Louis Tuesday and should be tonight.

5-4 Edmonton. I think if the oilers are going to win, they'll have to score alot. I wouldn't be surprise to see a 6-5 games. Can't argue with Avs 1st two lines.

Old
10-23-2003, 02:22 AM
FacelessButcher

3-1 for Oil
2 for Isbister(both against Avs crappy 3rd+4th lines) and 1 for Semenov(scored on the PP)

Sakic for Avs(spoils Conklins shut out attempt late in the second with his patented wrister)

I think MacT is going to work everyone hard after the loss and really enforce a tight checking game unlike the previous run and gun which he hates.We will trap for most of the third and Conklin + all the defense will play well infront of him.

Old
10-23-2003, 03:14 AM
Allan

Is Stoll going to play tonight?

Does he even really exist? Or is he just a name they write on the roster so we think they have a 13th forward? I know I saw him in training camp, but I'm starting to think that someone should file a missing persons report. At this rate he is going to show up to the big autograph session on Sunday without having played a game. I'll bet he'll feel really good about himself when nobody even knows who he is. I have had enough "who's Stoll?" questions when I wear my jersey. I want to see him play a game somewhere, whether here or in Toronto. Sitting this long can't be good for him, physically or mentally.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:35 AM
gpearson1968

The problem is.......

which centre do you pull out ? Do you finally move Smyth back to wing and pull Horcroff or Reasoner out ?

Cheers,
Geoff.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:39 AM
MrMackey

Unfortunately, I have to stick with my prediction from Tues. and say that Colorado will win this one, and EDM will pull out wins against CGY and CLB. However, it may be close and with Kariya out of the lineup it could be possible - I hope they play Sauve again.

Colorado 5-3
Isbister, Dvorak, Horcoff
Hejduk (2), Forsberg (2), Morris

Old
10-23-2003, 06:51 AM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Is Stoll going to play tonight?

Does he even really exist? Or is he just a name they write on the roster so we think they have a 13th forward? I know I saw him in training camp, but I'm starting to think that someone should file a missing persons report. At this rate he is going to show up to the big autograph session on Sunday without having played a game. I'll bet he'll feel really good about himself when nobody even knows who he is. I have had enough "who's Stoll?" questions when I wear my jersey. I want to see him play a game somewhere, whether here or in Toronto. Sitting this long can't be good for him, physically or mentally.
I'd move York back to LW, and scratch Chimera, or maybe Pisani. Or maybe move Smyth back to the wing, and move Torres to the fourth and Izzy to the second.

Isbister Smyth Hemsky
York Reasoner Dvorak
Moreau Horcoff Pisani
Torres Stoll Laraque

or

Smyth York Hemsky
Isbister Reasoner Dvorak
Moreau Horcoff Pisani
Torres Stoll Laraque

Maybe switch Horcoff and Stoll.

Old
10-23-2003, 07:07 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
I'd move York back to LW, and scratch Chimera, or maybe Pisani. Or maybe move Smyth back to the wing, and move Torres to the fourth and Izzy to the second.

Isbister Smyth Hemsky
York Reasoner Dvorak
Moreau Horcoff Pisani
Torres Stoll Laraque

or

Smyth York Hemsky
Isbister Reasoner Dvorak
Moreau Horcoff Pisani
Torres Stoll Laraque

Maybe switch Horcoff and Stoll.
I hope upon hope that Stoll gets in tonight, he's the kind of smart defensive minded player that would help us against the Avs, as compared to a speedy Chimera who hasn't done anything for a while! I'm looking forward to the game, and I have confidence that the Avs brutal depth will kill them again as the Oilers roll four strong lines against the Avs two, and will win it in the last half of the game when we are still fresh and the Avs players have already played a good 13-15 minutes! Also, no Kariya will help us - he's always seemed tough against us!

Old
10-23-2003, 12:28 PM
Mr Sakich

I correctly predicted last gaem because I thought the Blues would play with a fire in their belly. Tonight, it is the Oilers turn to be hungry. They are a young team and games like the Blues will happen. I say they turn it around and tonight is one of the best games of the year.

Lots of great plays and fuhr-esque goaltending will result in a 6-4 win for the oil.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Big T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpearson1968
which centre do you pull out ? Do you finally move Smyth back to wing and pull Horcroff or Reasoner out ?

Cheers,
Geoff.

You don't move Smyth to the wing, you move York.

Torres - Smyth - Hemsky
Chimera - Reasoner - Dvorak
Moreau - Stoll - York
Isbister - Horcoff - Laraque

T

Old
10-23-2003, 01:32 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Does anybody know the lines yet? I'm dieing to see what MacT is going to go with. I won't be disapointed if he goes with what he has been going with. They have been scoring lots - now the consistency needs to come. They could be even BETTER if they'd drop the dead weight (a la Pisani, and Chimera) and give guys like Stoll, Sarno, Rita, Salmo a chance.

Closed Thread