HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey in a very good bargaining position now

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 01:53 AM
LesHabsRock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin

So were going to base who the better goaltender is on 20 games? Yea that makes a lot of sense. If that's the case, why don't we base it on 40+ games? That's how many Huet playerd for the Kings in the 03/04 season and his numbers were very similar to that of Auld's this season. Work for you?
I have a better idea. Let's compare apples to apples. Who's been the better goaltender over the last 3 years (using the goaltenders involved in this deal)? Theodore? Nope. Theodore has averaged .902 SV% over the last three years and a 2.87 GAA. Aebischer? .913 SV% over the last 3 years and a 2.50 GAA.

Quote:
Aebischer has struggled this season. He's been horrible inconsistent all year long. Doesn't it tell you something that the Avs were willing to trade him away for a goaltender who is currently injured, playing downright dreadful hockey this season, and has a horrible contract?
On the contrary. Let me use your wording, but reverse teams and goaltenders. K?
Theodore has struggled this season. He's been horribly inconsistent all year long (may I add the last 3 seasons). Doesn't it tell you something that the Habs were willing to trade him away for a goaltender who is considered by you (and the rest of the general hockey public) to be lesser of a goalie?

Let me clarify why this deal works. Habs free cap room. They get a goaltender who has similar stats (actually better stats) over the last 3 years for a fraction of the cost. And, to top it all off Habs get a goaltender who is NOT injured. That is a fact.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:58 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAuldie
Alex Auld - 27 wins
Montreal Canadiens - 29 wins..

Thanks
Yeah, big deal...so did Patrick Lalime at one point in his career.

That's hardly a fair assessment. Do you really think Auld would fetch 27 wins with Montreal? Nope. Too many other variables.

And thank you!

Last edited by LesHabsRock: 03-09-2006 at 02:35 AM.
Old
03-09-2006, 02:27 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe
ribs, zed, 1st for jokinen
aeb for tkachuk(always been my fav player)
That's too much for an UFA. We could sign him over the summer for nothing.

I would ask for either George Kingston back in that deal or switch first round picks this summer

Old
03-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock
I have a better idea. Let's compare apples to apples. Who's been the better goaltender over the last 3 years (using the goaltenders involved in this deal)? Theodore? Nope. Theodore has averaged .902 SV% over the last three years and a 2.87 GAA. Aebischer? .913 SV% over the last 3 years and a 2.50 GAA.

On the contrary. Let me use your wording, but reverse teams and goaltenders. K?
Theodore has struggled this season. He's been horribly inconsistent all year long (may I add the last 3 seasons). Doesn't it tell you something that the Habs were willing to trade him away for a goaltender who is considered by you (and the rest of the general hockey public) to be lesser of a goalie?

Let me clarify why this deal works. Habs free cap room. They get a goaltender who has similar stats (actually better stats) over the last 3 years for a fraction of the cost. And, to top it all off Habs get a goaltender who is NOT injured. That is a fact.

I don't see what you are debating here. I was comparing Aebischer to Auld, not to Theodore. As for the trade, I think it's a good one for the Habs because they got a serviceable player and dumped a horrendous contract.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:02 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
I don't see what you are debating here. I was comparing Aebischer to Auld, not to Theodore. As for the trade, I think it's a good one for the Habs because they got a serviceable player and dumped a horrendous contract.
Your post indicated (indirectly) that Montreal got screwed in the deal and were basically suckered into making that deal with the Avs. I've read that post 3 more times. Nope, can't see any clues of it not being a debatable post.

However, I've been wrong once before

Old
03-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Hockeymom67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopeep
My two cents worth = I hope to god we don't bail out the 'Nucks and take Bertuzzi off of their hands.

Hope not !

Closed Thread