HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

two cents

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 07:46 AM
tytech

vCash: 500
two cents

Great game? We had no business being in it. We played bloody awful. Why we can't hit the net with our shots is beyong me. It's a huge problem every game. We miss the net constantly. It's not just the rookies either. Gagne and Forsberg both missed nice slot shots last night. Our D is out of position constantly and it showed last night with breakaway after breakaway and a two on 0. Nitty is the only reason we kept it close. We had turn over after turn over. You can tell we are a young team when the main thing is to get the puck out of the defensive zone and shoot it down the ice to their defencemen, just so they can take it and come right back in with it. Hitchcock should be all over this. If we have the puck--they can't score. Many times we shoot it down the ice when there is no pressure on us. That is an unforced error in my opinion and it's way too frequent. Teams in the playoffs will have a fast transition game to that and jump all over us.
I would have given up Esche for Theodore any day. Nitty is the real thing.

Old
03-09-2006, 07:53 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
You would trade for Theodore and pay him $5M to be the backup, as god awful as he has been the past 2 seasons?

Way wrong answer.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
03-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

Philadelphia - The only city where you have the Joy of winning and the agony of reading about it the next day

If they break out of this slump, it's going to take time.
This is a character win.
It seems they were not playing to there potential during this slump.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:45 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy
Philadelphia - The only city where you have the Joy of winning and the agony of reading about it the next day

If they break out of this slump, it's going to take time.
This is a character win.
It seems they were not playing to there potential during this slump.
Yes!

Old
03-09-2006, 09:14 AM
tytech

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
You would trade for Theodore and pay him $5M to be the backup, as god awful as he has been the past 2 seasons?

Way wrong answer.
You have a point--I wasn't thinking salary. I'm just a little shocked that he went straight up. Maybe Colorado could throw in Sakic or something.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:27 AM
TheKingPin

so what. playoff teams need the goalies to steal games...and thatis what Nitty did. You go on streaks when you r game is fine tuned but for mow be happy with the winning things. And remember its not like Carolina is NY Islanders they are a very good team effort kind of club.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:34 AM
BringBackStevens

Theodore is horrible. He is honestly one of the last goalies in the league i would want. I seriosuly don't understand people's fascination with him. HORRIBLE move by colorado IMO

Old
03-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
so what. playoff teams need the goalies to steal games...and thatis what Nitty did. You go on streaks when you r game is fine tuned but for mow be happy with the winning things. And remember its not like Carolina is NY Islanders they are a very good team effort kind of club.
Yeah, no one is claiming the Flyers are a cup contender again or that they're some amazing team so quickly. We got an ugly win and it's nice not to be on the disappointed end for the first time in a while.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:38 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
Yeah, no one is claiming the Flyers are a cup contender again or that they're some amazing team so quickly. We got an ugly win and it's nice not to be on the disappointed end for the first time in a while.

It is a small step in the right direction which is better than a large step backward.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
pretty much. we're a work in progress, and will be i would guess for at least the next 5 games or so... maybe longer. however, we have shown that we can compete with anyone when we are going good. sadly, we're far from that right now.

get the ugly wins right now... re-build the cohesiveness that we lost somewhere in that stretch when no one could practice and we were half an AHL team. we need the points, keep close to the Rags and try to leap-frog them before the playoffs start.

the 4/5 matchup is a near death sentence in the playoffs, so we need to get to that 3 and hope one of Carolina/Ottawa go down in the first round so that we can carry home-ice into the second round.

Old
03-09-2006, 10:21 AM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
I would rather win ugly, win a game we probably have no buisness winning then look really good and lose and "try and build off this effort" type of game.
ill take the 2 points and move on.

Old
03-09-2006, 10:42 AM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
I would rather win ugly, win a game we probably have no buisness winning then look really good and lose and "try and build off this effort" type of game.

ill take the 2 points and move on.
yeah rather win like tonight than lose like in jersey a week ago

we need every point we can get until our team is back and healthy as we get in position for a late run at the rangers and the division

Old
03-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Philly Flyer Fan*

Memo to Hitch - You guys won because of Antero Niittymaki

Closed Thread