HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I haven't seen anyone else say this lately....

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 06:21 AM
Silver

vCash: 500
I haven't seen anyone else say this lately....

So what the hell.

If this keeps up for a few more games, McTavish should be gone. I'll admit I'm wrong if Conklin comes back, wins and stays in, Bergy draws back into the lineup and stays, and Laraque and Isbister spend some time in the pressbox.

But, you can't fire ALL the players. (And at this point in the season, I think the only ones I want to keep are Hemsky, Reasoner, Moreau, and Staois.) This team needs a shakeup, bad. This roller coaster up and down stuff is going to get us about 80 points this year, and that just isn't going to do it as far as the playoff picture goes.

Old
10-26-2003, 06:50 AM
GorillazXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
So what the hell.

If this keeps up for a few more games, McTavish should be gone. I'll admit I'm wrong if Conklin comes back, wins and stays in, Bergy draws back into the lineup and stays, and Laraque and Isbister spend some time in the pressbox.

But, you can't fire ALL the players. (And at this point in the season, I think the only ones I want to keep are Hemsky, Reasoner, Moreau, and Staois.) This team needs a shakeup, bad. This roller coaster up and down stuff is going to get us about 80 points this year, and that just isn't going to do it as far as the playoff picture goes.
The way the Oil is playing we would be lucky to get 80pts...try 60pts. I think the Oilers will find a way to get out of this rut that they are in. As for players I think we're two players away from making this team into a very competitive team. The two positions that the Oil have to address is the puck handling D and a first line center. I know this sounds like alot but we have some promising prospect that can fullfill those roles in Ninmakki/Pouliet and Lynch. IMO when Lowe deals Comrie, he should stick to his game plan and get the best deal that he feels will help the oilers in the future not a quick fix (eg. No Bondra).

GXL

Old
10-26-2003, 11:10 AM
tommyb

Not sold on MacT

Seems to be a case of the players not buying into the coaches system.What is our system anyway ,we are told that we are one of the last run and gun teams in the league,but our coaching staff is defensive minded. I think the players are confused as to what the system is.We come out guns a blazing,score 3 goals ,then MacT says"O.K. boys let's tighten it up,protect our lead".WE LOSE 6-4. play run and gun or defence but don't try to protect a 3-0 lead 8 minutes into the first period, play the way you played getting the 3 goals.Protect your lead in the last ten minutes of the third.It's easier to dump the puck off the boards for 5 or 10 mins. rather then 55 mins.Other teams in the league have young players. Atlanta,minesota.ottawa,tampa, players on these teams have bought into the coahes system and have success.

Old
10-26-2003, 12:05 PM
Hemsky4PM

MacT isn't going anywhere. First of all, he doesn't have a top center (Comrie) or anything for him. That's hard to overcome. Secondly, we have had over 90 points and made the playoffs two out of three seasons with MacT. Thirdly, he just signed a 3 year contract this summer.

Wait for a Comri deal. The team will be better.

I would like to see them sit Brewer for a game, Bergeron and Semenov, arguably, have been better. Brewer deserves to sit a game.

Closed Thread