HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

trade tracker?? // non-Sabre trade thread (merged)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2006, 08:20 AM
  #1
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan
 
bflohockeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 9th circle of hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 500
trade tracker??

I can't find this on TSN - are they not doing it this year? Or is it staring me in the face & I just need more coffee?

hg93

bflohockeygirl is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 08:23 AM
  #2
The Sanchise
Registered User
 
The Sanchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NF Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl93
I can't find this on TSN - are they not doing it this year? Or is it staring me in the face & I just need more coffee?

hg93
At the top of the homepage click tradecentre

The Sanchise is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 08:24 AM
  #3
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,249
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl93
I can't find this on TSN - are they not doing it this year? Or is it staring me in the face & I just need more coffee?

hg93
Hey HG. Nice book btw.

I haven't found it this morning either. It was working yesterday afternoon....

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 08:28 AM
  #4
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,249
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Hey HG. Nice book btw.

I haven't found it this morning either. It was working yesterday afternoon....
And I find that with it open (my 9th browser window... who knew?) that it doesn't show the link on the main page.


Chainshot is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 08:29 AM
  #5
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan
 
bflohockeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 9th circle of hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paille#1
At the top of the homepage click tradecentre
I'm on the Tradecentre page, but not finding the self-refreshing pop-up thingy (sorry, not techy enough to know what it's actually called) they usually do.

I guess I'll just have to keep refreshing the trade list all day long...

hg93

bflohockeygirl is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 08:35 AM
  #6
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2
 
signalIInoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Latveria
Country: Denmark
Posts: 5,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl93
I'm on the Tradecentre page, but not finding the self-refreshing pop-up thingy (sorry, not techy enough to know what it's actually called) they usually do.

I guess I'll just have to keep refreshing the trade list all day long...

hg93
TSN is going to regret not having it autorefresh, since every man, woman, child and moose in Canada (and a few of us in the States) will be mashing the refresh button all day.

signalIInoise is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 08:37 AM
  #7
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan
 
bflohockeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 9th circle of hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Hey HG. Nice book btw.
Thanks.

Have a few things to fix in the next printing - I fact-checked the hell out of that thing, and still a few details slipped by...I'm most annoyed by the ones that were right in one place & wrong someplace else.

He signed my copy at the book party on Tuesday. Oh, and gaf took my picture with BTom. Imagine that: me & a Republican billionaire - matter and antimatter in the same frame, and yet we didn't both disappear.

Wonder if I can shrink it down small enough to use for my avatar...

hg93

bflohockeygirl is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 08:38 AM
  #8
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan
 
bflohockeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 9th circle of hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
And I find that with it open (my 9th browser window... who knew?) that it doesn't show the link on the main page.

Where's the link?? I can't find it at all...

Maybe it doesn't like Firefox...?

hg93

bflohockeygirl is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 08:38 AM
  #9
Bino
Registered User
 
Bino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: In my house
Country: South Korea
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
I got the auto refresh trade tracker thingie. just click on the banner with the countdown. that's how i got it. and only after half a cup of coffee

Bino is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 08:39 AM
  #10
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan
 
bflohockeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 9th circle of hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by signaliinoise
TSN is going to regret not having it autorefresh, since every man, woman, child and moose in Canada (and a few of us in the States) will be mashing the refresh button all day.
That's what I was thinking. Although IIRC, in years past if you didn't get in first thing in the AM it was a crapshoot as to whether you'd even be able to get to the site at all. I lost my Internet connection one year & couldn't get the tracker back until after the deadline.

hg93

bflohockeygirl is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 08:45 AM
  #11
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2
 
signalIInoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Latveria
Country: Denmark
Posts: 5,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl93
Where's the link?? I can't find it at all...

Maybe it doesn't like Firefox...?

hg93
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=6307

signalIInoise is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 08:45 AM
  #12
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan
 
bflohockeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 9th circle of hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanCurdle
I got the auto refresh trade tracker thingie. just click on the banner with the countdown. that's how i got it. and only after half a cup of coffee
I don't have a banner with a countdown, either.

Not on Firefox, not on Netscape, not on Safari. I'll bet it's because I'm on a Mac.

hg93

bflohockeygirl is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 08:46 AM
  #13
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,249
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl93
That's what I was thinking. Although IIRC, in years past if you didn't get in first thing in the AM it was a crapshoot as to whether you'd even be able to get to the site at all. I lost my Internet connection one year & couldn't get the tracker back until after the deadline.

hg93
I can't get to it on another PC, but I do have it open from yesterday afternoon --- so the connections may all be full.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 08:56 AM
  #14
Moon Man*
 
Moon Man*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Humiliation Street
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 10,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
I can't get to it on another PC, but I do have it open from yesterday afternoon --- so the connections may all be full.
Nothing since the Devils securing their future with Ken Klee at the moment... but now it turns out I'm going to be on the road most of the day, with no decent sports radio available!

Moon Man* is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 09:01 AM
  #15
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan
 
bflohockeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 9th circle of hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
I can't get to it on another PC, but I do have it open from yesterday afternoon --- so the connections may all be full.
Could be. But I'm still thinking the site doesn't like Macs. I couldn't find it yesterday, either.

On the other hand...self-employment has its perks. I can get the Fan here in my office; I couldn't listen to the radio when I worked in-house because the other people in my department had issues with ambient noise. So it's all good.

hg93

bflohockeygirl is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 09:07 AM
  #16
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2
 
signalIInoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Latveria
Country: Denmark
Posts: 5,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl93
Could be. But I'm still thinking the site doesn't like Macs. I couldn't find it yesterday, either.

On the other hand...self-employment has its perks. I can get the Fan here in my office; I couldn't listen to the radio when I worked in-house because the other people in my department had issues with ambient noise. So it's all good.

hg93
It likes my mac just fine -- firefox and all. Did you try the link above?

(you might have to bee logged into TSN)

signalIInoise is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 09:17 AM
  #17
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan
 
bflohockeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 9th circle of hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by signaliinoise
It likes my mac just fine -- firefox and all. Did you try the link above?

(you might have to bee logged into TSN)
I was getting an error, but I logged in & now the link works. So you might be right about that.

Thanks!

hg93

bflohockeygirl is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 09:23 AM
  #18
edallas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
What would it take for Tampa to land Biron?

edallas is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 09:29 AM
  #19
MLH
Registered User
 
MLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by edallas
What would it take for Tampa to land Biron?
I can't see Darcy taking anything but a serious overpayment. Kubina would be a nice fit here.

MLH is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 09:40 AM
  #20
IamAmerica
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: B-Lo
Country: United States
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie Jesus
Nothing since the Devils securing their future with Ken Klee at the moment... but now it turns out I'm going to be on the road most of the day, with no decent sports radio available!
Montreal Canadiens acquire defenceman Todd Simpson from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for a sixth-round pick in 2006.

IamAmerica is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 09:53 AM
  #21
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,847
vCash: 500
sportsnet has one as well, not as fancy, but just as accurate.

Kruschiki is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 09:58 AM
  #22
Crazy Tasty
Registered User
 
Crazy Tasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 3,873
vCash: 500
Lukowich to the Devils for a 3rd.

Crazy Tasty is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 09:58 AM
  #23
IamAmerica
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: B-Lo
Country: United States
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAmerica
Montreal Canadiens acquire defenceman Todd Simpson from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for a sixth-round pick in 2006.
New Jersey Devils acquire defenceman Brad Lukowich from the New York Islanders in exchange for a third-round pick in 2006.

IamAmerica is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 10:01 AM
  #24
Hobey Baker
Registered User
 
Hobey Baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Charlestown
Country: United States
Posts: 7,238
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Yup, two more dmen off the table for picks. I'm OK with this so far....

Hobey Baker is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 10:05 AM
  #25
SensRbest
Registered User
 
SensRbest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Gatineau
Country: Canada
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by signaliinoise
TSN is going to regret not having it autorefresh, since every man, woman, child and moose in Canada (and a few of us in the States) will be mashing the refresh button all day.
Don't forget the Beavers

SensRbest is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.