HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My prediction for today...

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 09:37 AM
davey999

vCash: 500
My prediction for today...

We do very little if nothing, and then the excuse is that "nothing really helped us improve the team". But we'll "have a lot of cap space in the summer". "We like our team as it is".

Disgusting.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:42 AM
habfan4

And what pray tell would be wrong with that scenario? If Habs management feel they can improve the team now and the price is right, I'm sure they'd consider it.
The fact that they now have more financial flexibility does not mean that they should make a hasty decision to placate the fans.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:44 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey999
We do very little if nothing, and then the excuse is that "nothing really helped us improve the team". But we'll "have a lot of cap space in the summer". "We like our team as it is".

Disgusting.

Oh quit it you negative nelly.

Gulp down a few XL triple triples from Timmey's and then you'll expect everyone to come to Montreal, Hamilton and Long Beach.

Triple crown baby...Stanley Cup, AHL Championship and ECHL championship!!

Old
03-09-2006, 09:44 AM
bjac

Why would that be disgusting? To make a move we would probably have to give up prospect in order to get a decent return. Do you honestly think Zednick will get us a top 2 defenseman or first line forward? I would prefer to leave our prospects as they are and take our chaces with free agency, than morgage the future to try to bolster a non cup contending team lineup (it would be a miracle if the Habs won the cup this year). Bob Gainey has done a great job by freeing the Habs from Jose's contract and getting another goalie who will help the team make the playoffs by relieving some of the pressure off of Huet. The deal will have both short term and long term benefits alone.

With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing a move be made, but at the price of our prospects, it might not be worth it.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Tuggy

Quote:

Disgusting.
Seriously man...just give it up. Do you have some personal grudge against Gainey and the Canadiens? Did they fire you from your job as an usher at the Bell Centre or something?

Old
03-09-2006, 09:47 AM
HABit

Quote:

Disgusting.
Unreal. What is so disgusting about unloading a huge contract that belonged to a goalie who just did not prove himself. Contract as too big for his talent.

Trade require 2 teams. The Habs might have a number of players they want but unless they can make a deal it won't happen.

I will be happy if nothing happens just because it sets up the stage for a UFA this summer.

Old
Matrix

Quote:

Disgusting.
Agree....except the disgusting part 'cause there's no way we do a Weinrich for Lapierre deal just to make a deal that will even sound more unreal than the Theodore trade.....

I would call it dissapointing but then summer will come and if we have the same team for the beginning of the next season, then I'll call it disgusting....but until then....

Go Habs Go!

Old
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac
Why would that be disgusting? To make a move we would probably have to give up prospect in order to get a decent return. Do you honestly think Zednick will get us a top 2 defenseman or first line forward? I would prefer to leave our prospects as they are and take our chaces with free agency, than morgage the future to try to bolster a non cup contending team lineup (it would be a miracle if the Habs won the cup this year). Bob Gainey has done a great job by freeing the Habs from Jose's contract and getting another goalie who will help the team make the playoffs by relieving some of the pressure off of Huet. The deal will have both short term and long term benefits alone.

With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing a move be made, but at the price of our prospects, it might not be worth it.
It's called a prediction and would be typical of this organization as it stands now.

It's very easy to stand pat and say "nothing out there would have improved our team" then to take a chance and do something bold.

Old
znk

Quote:

Disgusting.
Dude...just go...man.....leave it...go have fun with the self destructing Avs. Seriously...go read the Avs board....watch any sports show other then in quebec. Its unanimous..."*** was Lacroix thinking"

Stop crying and do something....GO!

Old
03-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Matrix

But we have to admit that Gainey did make a mistake. If it's not with the trade, it has to be with that fat contract he gave Jose, reason why we receive what we just received, reason why he wasn't able to move sooner.

The guy is human and even though he's the Habs GM doesn't make him the next coming of God. You all know that those Gods are only in one place.....and it's HERE!!!!

Old
03-09-2006, 09:53 AM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Dude...just go...man.....leave it...go have fun with the self destructing Avs. Seriously...go read the Avs board....watch any sports show other then in quebec. Its unanimous..."*** was Lacroix thinking"

Stop crying and do something....GO!
So if you question the team you can't be on this board? Is this China or North Korea?

Old
03-09-2006, 09:54 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
So if you question the team you can't be on this board? Is this China or North Korea?
Its the old USSR

STALIN LIVES!!!!

Old
03-09-2006, 09:58 AM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
Its the old USSR

STALIN LIVES!!!!

My mistake.

Old
03-09-2006, 10:02 AM
mcphee

Quote:
negative nelly.

:
Chezz, is there any need for this type of language ?

Old
03-09-2006, 10:03 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Chezz, is there any need for this type of language ?

Just trying to avoid being vulgar...

I guess I came off a little homer sexual

Old
03-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Istvan

Quote:
Just trying to avoid being vulgar...

I guess I came off a little homer sexual
...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old
03-09-2006, 10:09 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
...not that there's anything wrong with that.

...Unless you're Donald Brashear

Old
03-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Raider917

if the Canadiens dont do anything today at all, theres still next season and the free cap space that this theodore deal gives us. ill only get upset if theres is no deal today if there is also no major free agent signing in the off season as well.

Redden or Chara could be had now even Chara at his projected 9 million/per could be had now. before the theodore deal, it was near impossible.

Old
03-09-2006, 10:21 AM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
if the Canadiens dont do anything today at all, theres still next season and the free cap space that this theodore deal gives us. ill only get upset if theres is no deal today if there is also no major free agent signing in the off season as well.

Redden or Chara could be had now even Chara at his projected 9 million/per could be had now. before the theodore deal, it was near impossible.
Forget this thread, we just got Todd Simpson...

Old
03-09-2006, 03:51 PM
davey999

man I was hoping I was wrong about this, but I guess not.

Old
03-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917

chara for 9 million?? talk about overpayment.

I would stop giving anyone (not even luongo) anything more than 5 million. Stock up on 4 million players...

Closed Thread