HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blues still talking, no deals yet

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2006, 11:00 AM
  #1
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 500
Blues still talking, no deals yet

The guys most mentioned are Tkachuk and Weinrich. Pleau was on the radio with Andy Strickland earlier and it sounds like there's little chance that Drake would be dealt; rumors are still that Weinrich could go to Vancouver and that the Rangers and Flyers are both *extremely* interested in Tkachuk; however, the Blues have not approached Tkachuk about waiving his NTC.

By some accounts, Pleau wants to get players who can play in the NHL but has been rebuffed; teams are willing to deal picks, but with Peoria in the playoff race in the AHL the Blues want to get keep kids on the AHL roster until 3pm today so they'll be eligible for the playoffs; because of that, they'll need someone to fill out the roster tonight for the parent club.

__________________
No promises this time.
Irish Blues is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:02 AM
  #2
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,743
vCash: 500
Any word on Scott Young?

Cerebral is online now  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:03 AM
  #3
Vyse64
N64
 
Vyse64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Calgary AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,786
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Pierre McGuire last night spoken of the Oilers aquiring Scott Young, anyone talking about that?

Vyse64 is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:10 AM
  #4
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 500
Strangely, there's been little talk about Young. Admittedly, I've been out for 5 days so I'm still getting up to speed on everything (like all the hell that broke loose last night when teams decided to start trading left and right), but interest for Young has never been mentioned in the same vein as interest in Weinrich.

HOWEVER....there's speculation that Edmonton may be working on going after Doug Weight.

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:11 AM
  #5
sveiglar
Registered User
 
sveiglar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Strangely, there's been little talk about Young. Admittedly, I've been out for 5 days so I'm still getting up to speed on everything (like all the hell that broke loose last night when teams decided to start trading left and right), but interest for Young has never been mentioned in the same vein as interest in Weinrich.

HOWEVER....there's speculation that Edmonton may be working on going after Doug Weight.
Weight? As in *Carolina's* Doug Weight? Why would the Canes dump Weight after just recently getting him *and* Cole being lost for an extended period? Or is that a typo/brain-fart?

sveiglar is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:13 AM
  #6
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Strangely, there's been little talk about Young. Admittedly, I've been out for 5 days so I'm still getting up to speed on everything (like all the hell that broke loose last night when teams decided to start trading left and right), but interest for Young has never been mentioned in the same vein as interest in Weinrich.

HOWEVER....there's speculation that Edmonton may be working on going after Doug Weight.
and that would be credibility flushing down the drain...

Jester is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:14 AM
  #7
ti-vite
Registered User
 
ti-vite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Strangely, there's been little talk about Young. Admittedly, I've been out for 50 days so I'm still getting up to speed on everything (like all the hell that broke loose last night when teams decided to start trading left and right), but interest for Young has never been mentioned in the same vein as interest in Weinrich.

HOWEVER....there's speculation that Edmonton may be working on going after Doug Weight.
fixed

ti-vite is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:14 AM
  #8
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sveiglar
Weight? As in *Carolina's* Doug Weight? Why would the Canes dump Weight after just recently getting him *and* Cole being lost for an extended period? Or is that a typo/brain-fart?
Yes, the "1st in '06, 4th from Toronto, Boulerice, Zigomanis and Kahnberg for" Doug Weight. He has a point (yes, that's right - he's 0-1-1) and is -5 with 10 PIM in 9 games since the trade.

Hey, I just heard the rumor.

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:16 AM
  #9
sveiglar
Registered User
 
sveiglar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Yes, the "1st in '06, 4th from Toronto, Boulerice, Zigomanis and Kahnberg for" Doug Weight. He has a point (yes, that's right - he's 0-1-1) and is -5 with 10 PIM in 9 games since the trade.

Hey, I just heard the rumor.
Hey, not jumping on the messenger... I just don't see why Carolina would move him unless Lowe is opening the vault.

sveiglar is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:20 AM
  #10
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sveiglar
Hey, not jumping on the messenger... I just don't see why Carolina would move him unless Lowe is opening the vault.
Well Edmonton could offer their 1st this year to replace the 1st that Carolina dealt to .....

.... oh yeah - the Oilers already spent it on Dwayne Roloson. ( )

I think Lowe would have to open the vault to get Weight, unless Carolina is that thoroughly unimpressed with him. Even then, the Canes might see how much the Oilers are willing to outbid themselves by to get Weight back.

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:21 AM
  #11
kimzey59
Registered User
 
kimzey59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sveiglar
Weight? As in *Carolina's* Doug Weight? Why would the Canes dump Weight after just recently getting him *and* Cole being lost for an extended period? Or is that a typo/brain-fart?

I'll act as 2nd person on this. This was first said by Eric Duhatschek on Andy Strickland's "Blues Brunch" radio program and confirmed by Bernie Ferderko later in the show. It's not so much Carolina wanting to get rid him as Edmonton REALLY wanting him for their PO run. They veiw him as a great PO producer and want him to help their run.

kimzey59 is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:37 AM
  #12
Titanium
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nottinghamshire, Eng
Country: England
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Well that'd trump the Theo trade in terms of "what the hell just happened there?!?"!

Titanium is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:46 AM
  #13
Terry Cahill
Registered User
 
Terry Cahill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Alberta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
and that would be credibility flushing down the drain...


Terry Cahill is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:47 AM
  #14
Terry Cahill
Registered User
 
Terry Cahill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Alberta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Well Edmonton could offer their 1st this year to replace the 1st that Carolina dealt to .....

.... oh yeah - the Oilers already spent it on Dwayne Roloson. ( )

I think Lowe would have to open the vault to get Weight, unless Carolina is that thoroughly unimpressed with him. Even then, the Canes might see how much the Oilers are willing to outbid themselves by to get Weight back.

The Oil have f.a. interest in a centre.

Terry Cahill is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 11:54 AM
  #15
lemieux32*
 
lemieux32*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
3rd, I heard it as well. Along with them talking about Weight not fitting in anywhere so far.

lemieux32* is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 12:01 PM
  #16
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
I like Weight but I don't think he is going to be coming to edmonton this season. Horcoff has out played Weight all year long. I know Weight was and is a better player but unless we suffer an injury, our top 2 centres are better then him this season and I would not be happy to see them replaced. Unless Lowe makes a play at a 1st line center before the deadline then and moves one of our guys then he grabs Weight as insurance. I am not seeing it happen unless it is a huge block buster.

rigger is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 12:01 PM
  #17
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.
 
oilers_guy_eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: This Is Fail County
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 10,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Well Edmonton could offer their 1st this year to replace the 1st that Carolina dealt to .....

.... oh yeah - the Oilers already spent it on Dwayne Roloson. ( )
Waitaminute... using the 1st to address our goaltending trainwreck was dumb, but using the 1st to pick up a center that we don't need would have been smart?

oilers_guy_eddie is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 12:03 PM
  #18
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!
 
Stealth JD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Safari Motor Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 6,196
vCash: 500
It sounds like (from Strickland) that Drake and Young will NOT be traded....as the Blues need bodies to finish the season...with a ton of guys on IR....but Weinrich and McAmmond WILL be traded....provided Pleau hasn't waited too long for teams to bid up the price only to see them fill their needs elsewhere.

If Pleau needs bodies so badly, and costs himself propsects & picks that he could have gotten by trading Drake, Young, McAmmond, Weinrich, Salvador (injured)....then he will truly look like a fool for waiving the likes of Gamache, Boulerice, Low who were NHL'ers with minimal salaries.

And he'd better at least ask TK to waive his NTC if some of the reported offers for him are true......this team needs a lot more assets before it can begin thinking abou the NHL playoffs next year....(and I don't want to hear about the free agency route in the off-season, until an owner is found).

Stealth JD is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 12:13 PM
  #19
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Waitaminute... using the 1st to address our goaltending trainwreck was dumb, but using the 1st to pick up a center that we don't need would have been smart?
Using the 1st to upgrade in net: not a bad idea.

Using the 1st to get Dwayne Roloson as the upgrade in net: bad idea.

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 12:16 PM
  #20
lemieux32*
 
lemieux32*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmans Domain
It sounds like (from Strickland) that Drake and Young will NOT be traded....as the Blues need bodies to finish the season...with a ton of guys on IR....but Weinrich and McAmmond WILL be traded....provided Pleau hasn't waited too long for teams to bid up the price only to see them fill their needs elsewhere.

If Pleau needs bodies so badly, and costs himself propsects & picks that he could have gotten by trading Drake, Young, McAmmond, Weinrich, Salvador (injured)....then he will truly look like a fool for waiving the likes of Gamache, Boulerice, Low who were NHL'ers with minimal salaries.

And he'd better at least ask TK to waive his NTC if some of the reported offers for him are true......this team needs a lot more assets before it can begin thinking abou the NHL playoffs next year....(and I don't want to hear about the free agency route in the off-season, until an owner is found).

Did you really just say Boulerice and Low were NHL'ers?!?!?!

lemieux32* is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 12:18 PM
  #21
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Using the 1st to upgrade in net: not a bad idea.

Using the 1st to get Dwayne Roloson as the upgrade in net: bad idea.
Who should they have acquired? Regier was reportedly looking for a massive overpay (some say Smyth was the asking price... ) for Biron and Phoenix was looking for a prospect like Schremp in return for Cujo. Roloson was the best option available at the best price - Lowe did overpay but at least he addressed a definite need.

The Oilers have two near point/game guys up the middle in Stoll and Horcoff, I see no reason why they would move a first round pick for Weight. I wouldn't mind seeing Weight centre the second line and consequently move Stoll to right wing but I can't see Lowe being willing to pay all that much and thus I don't see it happening.

Cerebral is online now  
Old
03-09-2006, 12:20 PM
  #22
Synthetic
Registered User
 
Synthetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Columbia, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
Get Chuck to waive that clause.

Has anyone asked him why he doesn't want to waive it? Is it a family thing?

Synthetic is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 12:24 PM
  #23
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 500
The question wasn't "should the Oilers have traded for Roloson?" The question was (and probably still is), "Is Dwayne Roloson, at 6-17-1 and with a 3.00 GAA - a GAA that's higher than both Mike Morrison and Ty Conklin this season - worth a 1st round pick?" IMO, no he's not - but apparently Kevin Lowe felt otherwise.

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 12:42 PM
  #24
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.
 
oilers_guy_eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: This Is Fail County
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 10,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
The question wasn't "should the Oilers have traded for Roloson?" The question was (and probably still is), "Is Dwayne Roloson, at 6-17-1 and with a 3.00 GAA - a GAA that's higher than both Mike Morrison and Ty Conklin this season - worth a 1st round pick?" IMO, no he's not - but apparently Kevin Lowe felt otherwise.
The relevant number with the Oilers trio was the save percentage: .880. The Oilers don't give up a lot of shots, so Morrison and Conklin maintaining a GAA just under 3 wasn't that impressive.

We'll see what other available goalies cost in a few hours.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline  
Old
03-09-2006, 01:04 PM
  #25
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
The relevant number with the Oilers trio was the save percentage: .880. The Oilers don't give up a lot of shots, so Morrison and Conklin maintaining a GAA just under 3 wasn't that impressive.
Exactly, I posted about the SP is the Oilers page and some of you may have seen it.

If we put his .910 SP against the total shots faced by edmonton goalies this season the oilers would have allowed 46 goals LESS then they have, that is a lot of goals. That would catapult us from 18th to 3rd in goals against. It would also have something to do with the 14 games we lost by one goal.

If he turns out anything close to what I have writen here then he is a steal for a first round pick. Besides, a 18th-22nd pick is not that good this year.

rigger is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.