The first shot fired at Habs

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 02:56 AM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
The first shot fired at Habs

Ok, it wasn't a shot but I did my first post in enemy territory since at HF. This should be fun and hopefully we'll sweep. I intended to go over and say- 'hey people, would you trade Mike Komisarek for Patrice Bergeron now" ...but thats unfair because first off, as they say one robin don't make a spring. And Komisarek probably will some day be fromt he Jovo/Pronger school of 'seek and destroy'. I want Komisarek to be good because its serves two fold- makes the Habs better and may give the Broons a villan or someone to get excited about when we go to games. To me, the NHL needs the Canadiens as a top team. Thats how I feel- next to the Broons who I feel are on the way to a long run of solid and sometimes very good teams the Habs are next on my wish list.

Old
10-26-2003, 04:25 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
Ok, it wasn't a shot but I did my first post in enemy territory since at HF. This should be fun and hopefully we'll sweep. I intended to go over and say- 'hey people, would you trade Mike Komisarek for Patrice Bergeron now" ...but thats unfair because first off, as they say one robin don't make a spring. And Komisarek probably will some day be fromt he Jovo/Pronger school of 'seek and destroy'. I want Komisarek to be good because its serves two fold- makes the Habs better and may give the Broons a villan or someone to get excited about when we go to games. To me, the NHL needs the Canadiens as a top team. Thats how I feel- next to the Broons who I feel are on the way to a long run of solid and sometimes very good teams the Habs are next on my wish list.
DKH: I thought you invaded enemy territory to frag a Hab or, at least, hurl a stinkbomb. You're too polite:
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=22910

Old
10-26-2003, 05:36 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
DKH: I thought you invaded enemy territory to frag a Hab or, at least, hurl a stinkbomb. You're too polite:
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=22910
the truth is my father's favorite team was the Broons but his favorite player was Jean Belliveau and I was able to meet several of those players as a kid thru my father. I met Cournoyor as a yute with a bunch of my buddies and we all were more in awe of him than Esposito or Orr to tell you the truth. I always loved those Canadien teams- don't get me wrong the Broons are numero uno- but they were just awesome to witness growing up. Cournoyor and Keon were two of my early childhood favorite players.

Old
10-26-2003, 09:30 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
the truth is my father's favorite team was the Broons but his favorite player was Jean Belliveau and I was able to meet several of those players as a kid thru my father. I met Cournoyor as a yute with a bunch of my buddies and we all were more in awe of him than Esposito or Orr to tell you the truth. I always loved those Canadien teams- don't get me wrong the Broons are numero uno- but they were just awesome to witness growing up. Cournoyor and Keon were two of my early childhood favorite players.
I understand. Anyone who loves hockey has to respect the Habs' storied success and legendary players, but a true-blue Bruins fan gets an agina attack remembering how they've driven a stake into our Stanley Cup hopes again and again...

Closed Thread