HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

XM Radio/TSN: Carolina gets Mark Recchi

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 12:45 PM
KaptainKourage*

vCash: 500

Two time in a row Carolina steal Ottawa's target

They are now becoming one of my favs team

Old
03-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Captain Saku

damn i wanted him with the habs...

not a smart move from the pens though... they definitively needed him coz he's their only real Veteran !!

Old
03-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Epsilon
#TeamRaccoon

Carolina is really loading up. They have to be the favorite to come out of the Eastern Conference at this rate.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:47 PM
joe_shannon_1983*

Send a message via MSN to joe_shannon_1983*
Utterly ******** that the Senators would let this happen, for the second time this season mind you.

Carolina deserves to win in the playoffs, because they are trying to win. Ottawa, on the other hand, is merely trying to not lose by hanging onto all of their young players who may or may not been good players someday.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:48 PM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11
I believe the trade is not done, just that Recchi has waived his NTC for Carolina.
He doesn't really have a NTC....more of a handshake agreement with CP and Mario of being allowed to "sign off" on a deal before it goes through.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuCKoivu
damn i wanted him with the habs...

not a smart move from the pens though... they definitively needed him coz he's their only real Veteran !!
Yeah, the Pens were really going places with him this year too. Fact is this almost guarentees a top two pick, not that it was not close to a guarentee before this. Imagine how bad this team will be without Recchi scoring almost a point per game.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:49 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

2nd round pick

Old
03-09-2006, 12:50 PM
God Bless Canada

If this trade is for real (and I think it is, it's also on Sportsnet), it's kind of ironic that Pittsbugh trades Recchi to Carolina, after a Penguin defenceman took out one of Carolina's top players...

Recchi would definitely be the biggest name traded thus far. If it's for real, it's a great acquisition for the Canes. Recchi still brings a lot to the table. Even at 36, he's a pretty talented offensive player. He also has a Cup ring, and a penchant for stepping up in the playoffs.

I still think Carolina's biggest need (even before the Recchi trade) is getting that bone fide, legitimate No. 1 defenceman who can play in all situations. You can't win the Cup without one. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be one available.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:50 PM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferns8916
Carolina deserves to win in the playoffs, because they are trying to win. Ottawa, on the other hand, is merely trying to not lose by hanging onto all of their young players who may or may not been good players someday.
Or perhaps the Senators are confident with the group that they have.

Because they didn't trade for Weight or Recchi, they don't deserve to win ? Even you couldn't believe something like that.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Utterly ******** that the Senators would let this happen, for the second time this season mind you.

Ottawa reportedly is still pursuing Malone pretty hard, if that is any consolation.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
2nd round pick
dream on Ragboy

Old
03-09-2006, 12:52 PM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada

I still think Carolina's biggest need (even before the Recchi trade) is getting that bone fide, legitimate No. 1 defenceman who can play in all situations. You can't win the Cup without one. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be one available.
Too bad Jack Johnson isn't a few years older.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:52 PM
The HW

Quote:

If Recchi only went for a 2nd round pick, then (1) interest in Recchi might not have been as strong as we assumed, and/or (2) Recchi had already decided where he wanted to go, and it wasn't Ottawa, among other places.

Recchi should fit in well beside either Staal or Weight. I'm jealous they got so much for so little, but not broken up about it.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan
Ottawa reportedly is still pursuing Malone pretty hard, if that is any consolation.
recchi's a much better player than malone, is a cup winner, and has an impeccable work ethic. i don't see why ottawa would want just malone.

Old
sabresrat

This reminds me of the beginning of the year when people annointed the Penguins Cup Winners based solely on their acquisitions.

Just trading for players doesn't guarantee anything. Ask Doug Weight and his 1 point as a Carolina Hurricane.

Old
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
dream on Ragboy
Why do you feel the need to act like that?

Old
joe_shannon_1983*

Send a message via MSN to joe_shannon_1983*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
Or perhaps the Senators are confident with the group that they have.

Because they didn't trade for Weight or Recchi, they don't deserve to win ? Even you couldn't believe something like that.
Yeah, like they were confident with their team back in 2004, even when they knew Lalime was garbage and Kolzig was on the table.

This situation, where they need secondary scoring, reeks like the situation in 2004 when they needed a goaltender.

They *****-foot at the deadline as it relates to addressing their needs.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:55 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
I still think the Sens are favourites in the east. With Havlat on that second line, their offensive is frightening. Canes will give them a good run for their money though.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Death To Selfies!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresrat
This reminds me of the beginning of the year when people annointed the Penguins Cup Winners based solely on their acquisitions.

Just trading for players doesn't guarantee anything. Ask Doug Weight and his 1 point as a Carolina Hurricane.

Anyone proclaiming Penguins Cup winners had less than 5 points and even fewer I.Q. points. Real Penguin fans were just expecting us to fight for a playoff spot.

I expected a 9th seed finish.

If it is only for a 2nd round pick, what Jeff ****ing Friesen got, then it says to me Recchi was very specific about his wants. He would only go to Carolina and he would only do it if Carolina would let him walk in the summer so he could sign with Pittsburgh again, which was his wishes.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Old
03-09-2006, 12:56 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
And apparently the Penguins are asking for a rediculous amount, which makes no sense.

Don't want Malone anyway.

Old
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Why do you feel the need to act like that?
The answer would get me warning points.

Im just glad the cancer didnt end up back in Philly, Clarkes done a good job by not aquiring all the players I was scared we were going to get although Weinrich is still out there.

Old
Vote for Rory

Eklund reports Recchi for a 2nd, Eklund also reported Cujo was a done deal to Vancouver though so take it for what its worth...

Old
03-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Eman Resu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX
I will not, however, be rooting for cole....he's a bum who needs to keep his mouth shut.
Yeah, root against the guy with a broken neck... that's not the kind of injury you wish on anyone despite what you think of him.

Old
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
The answer would get me warning points.

Im just glad the cancer didnt end up back in Philly, Clarkes done a good job by not aquiring all the players I was scared we were going to get although Weinrich is still out there.
So far the Rangers and Flyers have BOTH done a good job in more or less staying the same.

We'll see. There's another hour of pain left.

Old
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
Yeah, like they were confident with their team back in 2004, even when they knew Lalime was garbage and Kolzig was on the table.

This situation, where they need secondary scoring, reeks like the situation in 2004 when they needed a goaltender.

They *****-foot at the deadline as it relates to addressing their needs.
I personally don't care if the Senators succeed in the playoffs or not.

However your reasoning is based on speculation at best (Kolzig being available, Weight being willing to waive his NTC to go to Ottawa, same with Recchi).

I just find it absurd to determine that a team doesn't "deserve" to win because they didn't make a particular trade.

Closed Thread