HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

XM Radio/TSN: Carolina gets Mark Recchi

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 12:59 PM
grapepul*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
The answer would get me warning points.

Im just glad the cancer didnt end up back in Philly, Clarkes done a good job by not aquiring all the players I was scared we were going to get although Weinrich is still out there.
And you won't win the cup AGAIN!

Old
03-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Vote for Rory

Nodgren, Kolanos and a 2nd for Recchi per Pierre Maguire TSN.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:01 PM
joe_shannon_1983*

Send a message via MSN to joe_shannon_1983*
TSN just reported Kolanos, Nordgren, and a 2nd round pick in 2007 for Recchi.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennert
And you won't win the cup AGAIN!
Probably not and thats why I dont want Clarke to give up the young ones.

Old
GnomE

Eklund says the 2nd round pick, but all indications are is that a pick AND a player are going the other way.

So, I would guess that a pick is a 2nd and the player is ...Vasicek

Old
Luigi Lemieux

who is nordgren?

Old
03-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Jaded-Fan

Nice seeing you again Jon and Steve L. I missed you both. And why do you two have to do 'that' all the time? You both care about a last place team and its fans much more than your own.

And yes, a 2nd rd. pick alone was ridiculous, as you saw. Even if the great Eklund said it.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:07 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan
Nice seeing you again Jon and Steve L. I missed you both. And why do you two have to do 'that' all the time? You both care about a last place team and its fans much more than your own.

And yes, a 2nd rd. pick alone was ridiculous, as you saw. Even if the great Eklund said it.
Hey, you verbally attacked someone who is also a fan of the same team as mine. I was told by Buffaloed that using the word "Rag" with that connotation that you did is not to be tolerated on these boards since it's pretty much the same as any team dis.

And you didn't get much more than a 2nd for him. You got a useless player in Kolanos and a prospect no one has ever heard of.

Good job.

Old
semin4captain

Does Kolanos win the record for most times waived/traded in one season?

Old
sabresrat

Too bad the old Recchi thread was blocked, some people need to eat crow on the value. It wasn't quite a first, but the prospects in this trade are better than the Weight trade.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:12 PM
sveiglar

It'll be interesting to see if Kolanos can finally get an NHL career off the ground in Pittsburgh. This is probably the end of the line for him if he doesn't. Nordgren.. well, he played a bit for the 'Canes this year, so he might help. Overall this could help Pittsburgh, but there's no sure thing there... though they've gotten as much as anyone else today.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:13 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

The 2nd round pick is really the only thing of any value comming back to Pittsburgh. If Kolanos can SOMEHOW become a player, than they might've done okay. But who here really thinks he can? I mean, I'd like to see it happen since I was a big fan of his way back before his injury, but I think he is about as washed up as anyone in the league is right now.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Steve Latin*

I think I'M the one that needs to eat crow. Kolanos is waiver wire garbage. Norgren is complete crap too. This is another example of Patrick allowing the player to dictate where he wants to go in the trade and not listening to other offers.

I'd rather have another 2nd, or even a 3rd, than these two **** players. Even Gauthier got a better return. Hell, Friesen got essentially an identical return. Meanwhile Parrish and Sopel can net two very good prospects.

This trade officially cements Patrick's legacy as the worst GM in the league, even worse than Milbury.

I hope he mows over his foot this summer.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresrat
Too bad the old Recchi thread was blocked, some people need to eat crow on the value. It wasn't quite a first, but the prospects in this trade are better than the Weight trade.
a 2007 2nd and two unremarkable prospect same as the Weight deal?

no... not even close.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:23 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresrat
Krys Kolanos is 24, is not a prospect anymore, and has 35 points in 115 NHL games. Niklas Nordgren is 26 and is good SEL/AHL player. And a 2nd round pick. Wow, you are nuts.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Jeff Goldblum

I'm sick of players with 'potential' who haven't shown it anywhere. Kolanos was on waivers how many times? And I wasn't even aware Nordgren was an NHLer.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:26 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin
I think I'M the one that needs to eat crow. Kolanos is waiver wire garbage. Norgren is complete crap too. This is another example of Patrick allowing the player to dictate where he wants to go in the trade and not listening to other offers.

I'd rather have another 2nd, or even a 3rd, than these two **** players. Even Gauthier got a better return. Hell, Friesen got essentially an identical return. Meanwhile Parrish and Sopel can net two very good prospects.

This trade officially cements Patrick's legacy as the worst GM in the league, even worse than Milbury.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan

Not really, the Pens are totally insignificant but I have to admit I take great delight in their situation after the Flyers board was invaded by a bunch of moron proclaiming the Pens to be 06 cup winners before the season had started.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Trottier
Very Random

It's amusing reading the pettiness of some who refuse to acknowledge that Carolina just improved their team. Again.

Does Recchi (or any move for that matter) ensure anything? Absolutely not.

But picking up a quick veteran RW who is a superb passer, defensively responsible and nearing 500 career goals (not to mention, a guy who was an integral part of a Cup winner way back when; read: he knows what it will take) for a stretch run is a great move.

A "cancer"? Niiiiiiiice token defamation of a player and a baseless claim at that.

Pointing to Doug Weight as a lousy move? Well, by fantasy league standards, he has been a bum. But in real terms, he has been getting chances (just not converting) and THE TEAM IS WINNING!...

...Helllllllooooo?! That is the purpose of a deal, not to fill someone's stat sheet but to improve the TEAM!

Anyone claiming that the Canes are not clearly more formidable with the additions of Weight and Recchi are deluding themselves.

Last edited by Trottier: 03-09-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old
03-09-2006, 02:48 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
It's amusing reading the pettiness of some who refuse to acknowledge that Carolina just improved their team. Again.

But picking up a quick veteran RW who is a superb passer and nearing 500 career goals for a stretch run is a great move.

A "cancer"? Niiiiiiiice token defamation of a player and a baseless claim at that.

Pointing to Doug Weight as a loosy move? Well, by fantasy league standards, he has been a bum. But in real terms, he has been getting chances (just not converting) and THE TEAM IS WINNING!...

...Helllllllooooo?! That is the purpose of a deal, not to fill someone's stat sheet but to improve the TEAM!

Anyone claiming that the Canes are not clearly more formidable with the additions of Weight and Recchi are deluding themselves.
The Canes are better now. They gave up a 2nd and junk for Recchi. The issue was that Jaded-Fan is an idiot, and was predicting a Weight-esque return for Recchi, which he clearly did not demand. All week, Pens fans have been claiming that Recchi would cost Umberger from the Flyers (or a similar return from someone else), and finally, they were proven wrong. Recchi is a definite upgrade at wing, which the Canes needed after Cole's injury. What he is not is a super-in-demand stud. He is 38, and the vast majority of Flyers fans did not want him back for a third time.

Old
03-09-2006, 04:41 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:

But picking up a quick veteran RW who is a superb passer and nearing 500 career goals for a stretch run is a great move.

Pointing to Doug Weight as a loosy move? Well, by fantasy league standards, he has been a bum. But in real terms, he has been getting chances (just not converting) and THE TEAM IS WINNING!...

Whoa, hold on there, Trottier. Logic isn't supposed to be used on HF.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:36 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I really do not think this is a bad deal at all for Pittsburgh considering that Recchi will be back in the summer. So really we gain all this for being without Recchi for 20 regular season games.

And what are you thinking about comparing Recchi's return to that of the Sopel/Parrish package? Parrish and Sopel are both young, and Parrish can be resigned to a 5 year contract if the Kings want. Recchi, on the other hand, will be a Penguin again in 3 months.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
The Canes are better now. They gave up a 2nd and junk for Recchi. The issue was that Jaded-Fan is an idiot, and was predicting a Weight-esque return for Recchi, which he clearly did not demand. All week, Pens fans have been claiming that Recchi would cost Umberger from the Flyers (or a similar return from someone else), and finally, they were proven wrong. Recchi is a definite upgrade at wing, which the Canes needed after Cole's injury. What he is not is a super-in-demand stud. He is 38, and the vast majority of Flyers fans did not want him back for a third time.
Dude, I admit that I predicted a better return than a 2nd and two bums, but keep in mind that it's highly likely Recchi didn't get traded for value. Rex is buddy-buddy with Lemieux and CP. Part of the trade is that the Pens have his option for next year, so I think Mark was basically able to pick where he wanted to go.

More likely, this was done as a favor to Recchi (to go to a legit Cup contender) more than a move to get value. Worse players received equal or better returns this deadline.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:41 PM
mercury

Quote:
Dude, I admit that I predicted a better return than a 2nd and two bums, but keep in mind that it's highly likely Recchi didn't get traded for value. Rex is buddy-buddy with Lemieux and CP. Part of the trade is that the Pens have his option for next year, so I think Mark was basically able to pick where he wanted to go.

More likely, this was done as a favor to Recchi (to go to a legit Cup contender) more than a move to get value. Worse players received equal or better returns this deadline.
This makes more sense. I would not be surprised if he is back in Pittsburgh next year, to finish out his career.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
He got Barber fired and Barber admitted so after he left.

It should tell you something that the vast majority of Flyers fans didnt want him back despite the fact that hes a good player.

Closed Thread