HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds\Nucks GDT

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 06:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Preds\Nucks GDT

Everyone is still out, Witt won't make it in time to dress, so we're looking at

Hamhuis
Weber
Zidlicky
Zanon
Suter
Klein

as our defensive corps. They played pretty well in Calgary, hopefully they can keep the energy. I'd like to see the lines maintained...maybe Hartnell switched with Smithson. Hope Legwand can have another big game, as well.

Ohlund should return for the Nucks tonight, hopefully Vokoun plays out of his mind again, and we can limit all those Anson Carter chances.

Old
03-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Again, I'm not to worried about this one. The Predators have matched up well with the Canucks the past two seasons (even if we have lost virtually every game). We have been beat on the PP, more specifically, on 5 on 3 PPs almost every single time. The Canucks have a lot of guys that go down easy....In fact, I would say they are one of the teams who most consistently embellish hooks/holds. What that really boils down to is the need for disciplined play.

3-2....Preds

03-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
As Poile said in an interview on 104.5 earlier today, we might just be fielding the youngest defense in the history of the NHL tonight. Hamhuis and Zidlicky are the veterans and although Zids is older...they both only have 1 full season of NHL experience under their belts. Zanon I think will truly be the leader of the defense tonight by bringing a veteran presence to the blueline corps.

I have confidence that we will play as hard as we did in Calgary the other night and that Trotz and the leaders in the dressing room will look around and say that although Witt is still on the way, these are the players that are going to carry us into the playoffs. There will be some changes to the lineup when we get back our players from IR, but those of you that want to stick around for the playoff push better step it up right now and take advantage of this opportunity because you are either going to be battling here in Nashville for the Stanley Cup or you are going to be battling in Milwaukee for the Calder Cup. Either way, the season is far from over and we need to get a strong push going heading into the final stretch of the season.

Need to get a good jump on the Canucks tonight and battle them hard for the entire 60 minutes. Stay out of the box and keep the front of the net clear and I say good things will happen.

GO PREDS!!!!!

Old
03-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I'd like to see the lines maintained...maybe Hartnell switched with Smithson. Hope Legwand can have another big game, as well.
Although he showed hands of stone in Calgary, I think that Smithson is a great fit on that line right now. I haven't seen the same fire in Hartnell's eyes yet that Smithson brings to the table every night. I think that Smithson is much more likely to go into the corner and dig out the puck or make a big check than Hartnell is. Therefore, I think that Legwand's big game rests on the shoulders of Smithson's gritty, all out performance tonight.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Old
03-09-2006, 06:53 PM
muddycreek*

Play hard, check hard, shoot hard, and shoot often and we will win! If we get outshot in the first 55 minutes, we're sunk! Play like we did Monday, and we win again! Get someone in front of the net and SOOOOOOOT the danged puck!

Old
03-09-2006, 06:56 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Ohlund is back for the Canucks. Salo and Jovo still out, and none of the new guys are playing.

Old
03-09-2006, 10:34 PM
sandbox

Anyone watching the game?? I just looked at the stats log through 2 periods and its showing Shea Weber with the most shifts and most ICE time Anyone let me know how he looks tonight, Plz.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Predonater

So far, the Preds have out shot Vancouver in the game. WHO'D A THUNK IT????

Sullivan with two goals tonight.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Predonater

Four points out of four games on the Western roadtrip isn't bad at this point. Go to overtime and get the second point!!!

Leggy with the game winner. WOW!!! 6 seconds into the OT too!

Now it's 5 points

Last edited by Predonater: 03-09-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old
03-09-2006, 11:23 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Can't say the Predators way of winning is very good. Playing one period doesn't work for long.... (Canucks know).

Old
03-09-2006, 11:23 PM
dulzhok

Legwand makes up for the missed opportunity at the end of the regulation.

Legwand is my hero.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Predonater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
Can't say the Predators way of winning is very good. Playing one period doesn't work for long.... (Canucks know).
Well, considering the way they were playing earlier, i'll take this one and sleep well tonight. I am sure they (the team) will too.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:29 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Can't say the Predators way of winning is very good.
That's nice. Please fill out a guest comment card, and we will deliver them to our team manager, Barry Trotz. We are sorry that our win has inconvenienced your stay on our boards.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:30 PM
SopelFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
That's nice. Please fill out a guest comment card, and we will deliver them to our team manager, Barry Trotz. We are sorry that our win has inconvenienced your stay on our boards.
Uh. So you disagree with my comment? I don't care if you have a massive hard-on for the Predators, but Canuck fans know more than anyone that showing up for just the third doesn't work for long. Dallas ran into the same problem.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
umm, last i checked a win is a win. Canucks should know that too.......

Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Which period was that??? I mean, it looked like we played good in all three periods, and really took over in the third......

And we won, you lost, while we had about 200 games of experience on the blueline with 5 of 6 Preds making the minimum or slightly above.

Old
Predonater

Quote:
Uh. So you disagree with my comment? I don't care if you have a massive hard-on for the Predators, but Canuck fans know more than anyone that showing up for just the third doesn't work for long. Dallas ran into the same problem.

Like I said earlier on, considering we didn't show up at ALL in the games before the break.....showing up in the third is great! And a start.

We did look good for 60 minutes out there. I was impressed.

Old
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Go back to your board with your excuses, SF.

That's two games in a row that we won and "didn't deserve," according to you. Blame how much of your defense is out, why don't you? Try that one. I think we can top it.

You can talk about how this will "catch up to us," but the standings seem to say otherwise.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:36 PM
SopelFan*

*shrugs* It isn't an excuse at all. The Predators won and they outplayed the Canucks in the third.

When you have Brookbank and Butenschon taking a regular shift... then maybe I'll feel more sorry for you.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Kwm

As a Canuck fan, I must say I was impressed with Legwand, Sullivan and Kariya. Those guys are dangerous everytime out.

Now, IMO the Canucks outplayed the Preds in the 1st 2 periods. When shots are 19-14, and most of the chances were for Vancouver. However, you guys dominated the 3rd and deserved the W.

Having said that, If the Preds always get off to slow starts like they did tonight, they will be in trouble come playoff time. I don't know how you guys ahve been playing, but just based on this one night you will have to get off to a better start or else you will be sunk imo.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:39 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
If the Predators had just "showed up" for the third, I'd agree with you. We definitely understand that notion as they have had a bad habit of doing just that.

Tonight, however, was not one of those times. They had a slightly down period in the second, but the effort was still there.

In the first period however, they were much more physical (12-4 in hits for the Preds) and were only outshot 8-7 (and scoring chances even at 2 each). They played with passion, effort, and with a physical edge. Getting outshot by one shot does not mean they didn't "show up".

The third period was obviously dominated by the Preds as they not only kept pressure on Auld, but their physical play returned.

That said, fantastic game by Auld tonight. He really kept the Nucks in throughout the third.

See you guys Tuesday and good luck Saturday with Dallas.

David

Old
03-09-2006, 11:39 PM
SopelFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwm
As a Canuck fan, I must say I was impressed with Legwand, Sullivan and Kariya. Those guys are dangerous everytime out.

Now, IMO the Canucks outplayed the Preds in the 1st 2 periods. When shots are 19-14, and most of the chances were for Vancouver. However, you guys dominated the 3rd and deserved the W.

Having said that, If the Preds always get off to slow starts like they did tonight, they will be in trouble come playoff time. I don't know how you guys ahve been playing, but just based on this one night you will have to get off to a better start or else you will be sunk imo.
That is all I said. The 2 games I have seen of theirs the last week has been similar. They were so impressive in the third, I think if they played that way for all three periods they would be very tough to beat come playoff time.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwm

yeah we should have beaten you guys about 8-2... totally unacceptable.. i almost feel like giving this win back since we obviously didn't deserve it

Old
03-09-2006, 11:44 PM
SopelFan*

Are Preds fans always this brutal when taking one small dose of criticism?

I didn't realize I was on the Rangers board.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Pred303

and look on the bright side...auld was voted first star of the game... much more deserving than those weak two goals from sullivan or the lucky gamewinner from legwand.. we probably ought to give back those 2nd and 3rd stars too... baumgardner made a fine pass there in OT, he should have been one of the stars too

Closed Thread