HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The one thing to take away from this deadline...

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Mr Brownstone

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
It pretty much gave teams an altimatum by moving the deadline up. Either you're going to take a shot for 8th or you're taking a shot at a top 10-15 pick. The one thing that I noticed is that the market was skewed from the start. People can say what they want about it being a weak draft or whatnot, but a 1st for Brendan Witt? Two 2nds and a player for Denis Gauthier? Granted, those players' prices were driven up by other teams, I'm sure. I guarantee Detroit was making a big pitch for Witt. The Rangers had to be gunning for Gauthier. But it seems that the market was just so out of whack from the get-go on defensemen. Suglobov for Klee? Stiff price to pay for a 35 year old UFA.

My question is what made this deadline what it was? Was it the market value of these players? Was it strictly a salary cap/trade deadline date change byproduct? Or is it just that teams were willing to toss away picks in this draft in order to help their clubs right now?

Closed Thread