HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P-Bruins win!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2003, 07:12 PM
  #1
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 26,890
vCash: 500
P-Bruins win!

Just checked out the boxscore, but I figured I would pass it along.

4-3

Toivonen stopped 37 of 40 shots.

Goals-Stock, Leahy (2) and Gellard. Jurcina assisted on Gellards on what must be his first professional point I assume.


On another note...everyone go look out their windows and check if pigs are flying....Oliwa just scored a pretty nice goal.

Bruwinz37 is offline  
Old
10-25-2003, 07:31 PM
  #2
HockeyGoddess
 
HockeyGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Just checked out the boxscore, but I figured I would pass it along.

4-3

Toivonen stopped 37 of 40 shots.

Goals-Stock, Leahy (2) and Gellard. Jurcina assisted on Gellards on what must be his first professional point I assume.


On another note...everyone go look out their windows and check if pigs are flying....Oliwa just scored a pretty nice goal.
I was at tonight's P-Bruins game. Let's just say, they're darned lucky they came away with a win.

Milan Jurcina looked TOTALLY lost 95% of the time. The P-Bruins were hemmed in their zone for long periods of time. I felt sorry for Hannu Toivonen... even though he ended up with a win, he deserved a FAR better fate than his team gave him. He shouldn't *HAVE* to even see more than 30 shots, let alone 40. :/ Thank goodness he made so many good saves, else the score likely would've been pretty horrendous in favor of the Lock Monsters.

__________________
I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I am perfect!

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
HockeyGoddess is offline  
Old
10-25-2003, 07:47 PM
  #3
stungun
Registered User
 
stungun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Portland, ME
Country: United States
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
when was the last time jurcina saw minutes? i am happy he is playing instead of snoozing in the press box in beantown. go bruins go !!!

stungun is offline  
Old
10-25-2003, 07:53 PM
  #4
HockeyGoddess
 
HockeyGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stungun
when was the last time jurcina saw minutes? i am happy he is playing instead of snoozing in the press box in beantown. go bruins go !!!
He played last night as well as tonight. I imagine his 'lost-ness' is due to not having played in a game situation for the past 2 weeks. I'm sure he'll come around just fine.

Scott Gordon had him paired with Zdenek Kutlak. Kutlak is Czech, Jurcina is Slovak, so at least they can communicate fairly well.... it seemed almost as though they were both trying to do too much most of the time, and tended to get in each others' way more times than not.

I don't know what's up with Shaone Morrisonn, but the poise he showed us last season (both in Providence and Boston) seems to be lacking bigtime thusfar this season.

I think Ivan Huml is ripped as all get out after being sent down... he was out there trying to start fights a lot of the time tonight... it appeared that he was benched for about half a period... like until Gordon could get him to rein in his temper.

HockeyGoddess is offline  
Old
10-26-2003, 02:27 AM
  #5
sagginb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maine
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Oh heck maybe it's just Huml is having women problems...that will do it every time!


I am a little worried about Morrisonn as well.
He was sent down fast in camp and doesn't seem to be getting his game in place so far.
At least there is still alot of time left for him.
It's just too bad becasue I think there will be a spot in the Boston lineup at some point for a blueliner.
Hate to see him miss a chance to step up..but with all the young players who "have" stepped up this season so far no reason to complain that a few might not.

sagginb is offline  
Old
10-26-2003, 02:40 AM
  #6
HockeyGoddess
 
HockeyGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagginb
Oh heck maybe it's just Huml is having women problems...that will do it every time!


I am a little worried about Morrisonn as well.
He was sent down fast in camp and doesn't seem to be getting his game in place so far.
At least there is still alot of time left for him.
It's just too bad becasue I think there will be a spot in the Boston lineup at some point for a blueliner.
Hate to see him miss a chance to step up..but with all the young players who "have" stepped up this season so far no reason to complain that a few might not.
I have my theories about what's ailing Morrisonn, but that's all they are... theories... just intuition... just feels/looks familiar, and I don't like it one bit.

HockeyGoddess is offline  
Old
10-26-2003, 02:46 AM
  #7
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,636
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
He played last night as well as tonight. I imagine his 'lost-ness' is due to not having played in a game situation for the past 2 weeks. I'm sure he'll come around just fine.

Scott Gordon had him paired with Zdenek Kutlak. Kutlak is Czech, Jurcina is Slovak, so at least they can communicate fairly well.... it seemed almost as though they were both trying to do too much most of the time, and tended to get in each others' way more times than not.

I don't know what's up with Shaone Morrisonn, but the poise he showed us last season (both in Providence and Boston) seems to be lacking bigtime thusfar this season.

I think Ivan Huml is ripped as all get out after being sent down... he was out there trying to start fights a lot of the time tonight... it appeared that he was benched for about half a period... like until Gordon could get him to rein in his temper.
I'm sure Huml will be back but it may take injuries- the Broons appear pretty loaded depth wise and Hilbert and Huml are going to have to excel AND have injuries open up spots above as Zamuner and Donato are both extras right now. And there is also Stock....they may have to wait until next year when UFAs leave and there are a couple of openings and then there's also Samuelsson who Sullivan thinks is going to be a very good NHL player down the road.

DKH is offline  
Old
10-26-2003, 02:50 AM
  #8
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,636
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
I have my theories about what's ailing Morrisonn, but that's all they are... theories... just intuition... just feels/looks familiar, and I don't like it one bit.
I have no idea what his problem is but he's got to get focused and realize at his age he's about where he should be- we can see the big picture but can he....another year or so at that level, playing tons of minutes, maturing physically, and should be mentally are the keys. He keeps sulking he'll end up in a package deal. He has a world of talent and is not some Jonathan Aitken and he needs to change his attitude it sounds like. Attitude will make or break you- a good one can take you far; a bad one can take you down- DKH

DKH is offline  
Old
10-26-2003, 05:08 AM
  #9
Wpg Jets
Registered User
 
Wpg Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: OH! CANADA!!
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
I have no idea what his problem is but he's got to get focused and realize at his age he's about where he should be- we can see the big picture but can he....another year or so at that level, playing tons of minutes, maturing physically, and should be mentally are the keys. He keeps sulking he'll end up in a package deal. He has a world of talent and is not some Jonathan Aitken and he needs to change his attitude it sounds like. Attitude will make or break you- a good one can take you far; a bad one can take you down- DKH
As for Morrisson can you say Jeff Jillison last year. I mean Shaone is just upset that he isn't up in Boson where he figured he be after playing well last year and with Bruins letting The Don go and not signing Betard! He'll mature and realize that his time will come.

Wpg Jets is offline  
Old
10-26-2003, 08:33 PM
  #10
icarus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
HockeyGoddess, could you please comment on Brent Krahn's AHL debut for Lowell? Did he look out of place? Thanks.

icarus is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 02:19 AM
  #11
HockeyGoddess
 
HockeyGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus
HockeyGoddess, could you please comment on Brent Krahn's AHL debut for Lowell? Did he look out of place? Thanks.
I thought Krahn played pretty well overall. He had decent positioning on the shooters and doing any flopping around on the ice.

HockeyGoddess is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.