HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Stoll

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 10:09 PM
strokes555

vCash: 500
Stoll

I only caught half of the game.

How do you guys think he did.

I seen him win a faceoff, it was one of the few the oilers actually won.

Do you guys think he will be playing in the next game or is it back to the press box.

He seems to play these quiet mistake free types of game, which dould work to his disadvantage.

Old
10-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes555
I only caught half of the game.

How do you guys think he did.

I seen him win a faceoff, it was one of the few the oilers actually won.

Do you guys think he will be playing in the next game or is it back to the press box.

He seems to play these quiet mistake free types of game, which dould work to his disadvantage.
I think the fights in the early going took most of the Oilers out of it, including Stoll. On a side note, I saw him at the Rum (formerly Jungle) tonight and he actually took the time to say hello and chat a little about the game. Seems like a nice guy (funny that he was my height and I'm like 5-10, and he's listed as 6-01, must be with skates?). At least he tries, kind of Ethan Moreau esque. Didnt' see enough of him to make a judgement based only on tonight.

Old
10-26-2003, 07:38 AM
Bean

He only had 4 mins of ice time,,,not enough i think for anyoen to really make any kind of judgement

Torres also had 4 min and something of ice

Old
10-26-2003, 07:41 AM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes555
Au contraire, both his coach and GM made their livings off of playing mistake free games, doing the right, simple thing. It may work to his disadvantage with the fans, but I don't think he'll lose a spot being unnoticed because he always makes the simple play. They don't expect everybody to be Gretzky (or even Hemsky)-like creative players, in fact, in today's NHL you only have room for so many of those. Unless you're the Avalanche, with a Denver-sized budget.

I thought Stoll played ok, not great but not badly either, particularly considering he'd been cold since training camp.

Hemsky4pm is correct, I think - the first fight got them going, the second fight was enh, the third fight seemed to cause everybody to lose whatever rhythm they had - I wonder if Sutter was counting on that.

Old
10-26-2003, 08:46 AM
CupBound

Played 4:41, won 22% of faceoffs (2 of 9 he took) and was -1.

Not bad, who needs Marchant :p

Old
10-26-2003, 08:58 AM
Dallas

Quote:
(funny that he was my height and I'm like 5-10, and he's listed as 6-01, must be with skates?)
Are you sure you weren't wearing heels or something? I've met him before, and he's easily taller than me at 5'11". Maybe you had just tipped back a few too many and weren't seeing straight.

Old
10-26-2003, 09:39 AM
oilflash

Let's hope Jarret Stoll gets to have more ice time next game. He must have been very rusty out there having had no playing time for the first seven games.

Old
10-26-2003, 01:10 PM
Hemmer

He got virtually no ice time, but he didn't cough up the puck or anything terrible - he wasn't noticable in either way. The few times I did see him on the ice, he showed some hustle, and good positioning, as can be expected. Very quiet debut for Stollie this season.

Closed Thread