HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Post Deadline Scoreboard Watchers Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2006, 01:43 PM
  #26
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre
 
HansH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,321
vCash: 500
As of now, it'll take between 94 and 96 points to land the 8th and final playoff spot (Edmonton is on pace for 9th place with 93 points).

So, the Kings need 17 points in their final 17 games to land that spot -- 8-8-1 from here on out. Their magic number is 33 points in those 17 games.

HansH is offline  
Old
03-13-2006, 09:24 PM
  #27
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite
No wonder your always talking trash about the Kings.
No, the Kings have earned cynicism based completely on their own merits, not any other team's.

Osprey is offline  
Old
03-14-2006, 02:10 AM
  #28
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
No, the Kings have earned cynicism based completely on their own merits, not any other team's.
Come on Osprey, have a heart!

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
03-14-2006, 02:16 AM
  #29
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 14,838
vCash: 500
The game on Tuesday vs. Phoenix is the biggest game of the year so far.

At home, vs. a non playoff team, this is a MUST win. Anything less than 2 pts is unacceptable.

Hopefully Nashville and Minnesota can help out earlier in the night, but as long as the Kings pick up 2 pts, those games dont mean as much.

Herby is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 04:32 PM
  #30
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,387
vCash: 500
Tonight could have some serious short-term and possibly long-term affects on the Kings season.

If Vancouver can beat Columbus tonight they will push the Kings into the #8 spot in the west.

Then Anaheim will go into Chicago and try to steal a road victory. 2 points tonight for the Ducks would put them only 1 point behind LA with still 3 games in hand.

Captain Ron is online now  
Old
03-17-2006, 08:51 PM
  #31
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,387
vCash: 500
Well with the Canucks victory tonight the Kings have officially dropped into the 8th place spot in the west.

Captain Ron is online now  
Old
03-17-2006, 10:00 PM
  #32
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!
 
PSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Well with the Canucks victory tonight the Kings have officially dropped into the 8th place spot in the west.
....and with their victory, the Ducks are one point behind the Kings and have 3 games in hand

PSP is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 10:03 PM
  #33
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
....and with their victory, the Ducks are one point behind the Kings and have 3 games in hand

This is the closest the Kings have been to being out of the top 8...........I believe this will be the final week the Kings can claim they are "still" in a playoff spot.

Captain Ron is online now  
Old
03-18-2006, 05:44 PM
  #34
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,387
vCash: 500
Another 3 point game in San Jose.

Dallas wins in the shootout.....but the Sharks still pick up a point.

Captain Ron is online now  
Old
03-18-2006, 05:51 PM
  #35
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Things are over barring an immediate coaching overhaul.

I can't believe that DT's sitting in his office, looking around the league and not realizing that this team is on its way down. He must know that a shakeup is needed to even make the playoffs, and yet, they continue to sit back.

For a team that seems so obsessed with making money this year, they're certainly not being very proactive in accomplishing that goal.

kingsfan25 is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 05:58 PM
  #36
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,425
vCash: 5700
Sometimes falling into 8th wakes a team up. It happened to Tampa Bay. let's see if it happens here

GKJ is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 05:40 PM
  #37
Mindcircus
Registered User
 
Mindcircus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
...

Jackets and Ducks tied at 3 at the end of 2 periods. Go Jackets!

Mindcircus is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 06:44 PM
  #38
braincramp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
Ducks beat Jackets, 4-3.

braincramp is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 06:49 PM
  #39
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braincramp
Ducks beat Jackets, 4-3.
That puts the Ducks only 1 point behind LA....with 3 games in hand.

Captain Ron is online now  
Old
03-19-2006, 08:41 PM
  #40
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
That puts the Ducks only 1 point behind LA....with 3 games in hand.
Keep the schedule in mind - see GKJ514's thread. Anaheim & SJ have really brutal schedules on the horizon (back-to-back games and games on the road). LA finally gets some down time between games. LA had the brutal schedule earlier in the year which resulted in the current games in hand situation. Personally, I'd rather have the down time now. Gives the players some rest between games. It's going to be a see saw until the end of the season.

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 09:17 PM
  #41
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Avs-Sharks a scoring feast - 5-5 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd.

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 09:18 PM
  #42
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 984
SJ leads Col 6-5 with 3 min left in the 3rd.

kingbrath is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 09:25 PM
  #43
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Final 6-5 Sharks.

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 09:29 PM
  #44
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Detroit leads Vancouver 3-0 half-way through the first period..

King Blazer is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 10:16 PM
  #45
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Wings-Canucks now 4-2 in the 2nd. Could have been 4-3, but they disallowed a Canuck goal.

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 10:49 PM
  #46
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Keep the schedule in mind - see GKJ514's thread. Anaheim & SJ have really brutal schedules on the horizon (back-to-back games and games on the road). LA finally gets some down time between games. LA had the brutal schedule earlier in the year which resulted in the current games in hand situation. Personally, I'd rather have the down time now. Gives the players some rest between games. It's going to be a see saw until the end of the season.
MARCH

Tue. 21st at St. Louis 5:00 PM
Thu. 23rd at Detroit 4:30 PM
Sat. 25th at Minnesota 5:00 PM
Sun. 26th at Chicago 4:00 PM
Tue. 28th at Columbus 4:00 PM
Thu. 30th Phoenix 7:30 PM

APRIL

Sat. 1st Phoenix 7:30 PM
Mon. 3rd at Dallas 5:30 PM
Wed. 5th at Colorado 6:00 PM
Thu. 6th at Los Angeles 7:30 PM
Sun. 9th Dallas 5:00 PM
Mon. 10th at Phoenix 7:00 PM
Wed. 12th at Vancouver 7:00PM
Thu. 13th Vancouver 7:30 PM
Sat. 15th Anaheim 1:30 PM
Mon. 17th Los Angeles 7:30 PM

San Jose might have a few back to back games ans they might also have more road games ahead then LA......But look at who their opponents are....


Between now and April 3rd the Sharks have 1 count them 1 game out of 7 against teams that are in the playoff hunt. So it is very reasonable to think they might very well win all 6 of them. So if they do go 6-1-0 over the next 7 games they would have 88 points with 9 games remaining.

Just to keep pace with the Sharks the Kings would have to win 4 of their next 6 games against these teams.

Colorado
Nashville
Vancouver
Calgary
Edmonton
Dallas

Does anybody in their heart of hearts think the Kings will really win 4 of 6 of those games????

Captain Ron is online now  
Old
03-19-2006, 10:57 PM
  #47
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
MARCH

Tue. 21st at St. Louis 5:00 PM
Thu. 23rd at Detroit 4:30 PM
Sat. 25th at Minnesota 5:00 PM
Sun. 26th at Chicago 4:00 PM
Tue. 28th at Columbus 4:00 PM
Thu. 30th Phoenix 7:30 PM

APRIL

Sat. 1st Phoenix 7:30 PM
Mon. 3rd at Dallas 5:30 PM
Wed. 5th at Colorado 6:00 PM
Thu. 6th at Los Angeles 7:30 PM
Sun. 9th Dallas 5:00 PM
Mon. 10th at Phoenix 7:00 PM
Wed. 12th at Vancouver 7:00PM
Thu. 13th Vancouver 7:30 PM
Sat. 15th Anaheim 1:30 PM
Mon. 17th Los Angeles 7:30 PM

San Jose might have a few back to back games ans they might also have more road games ahead then LA......But look at who their opponents are....


Between now and April 3rd the Sharks have 1 count them 1 game out of 7 against teams that are in the playoff hunt. So it is very reasonable to think they might very well win all 6 of them. So if they do go 6-1-0 over the next 7 games they would have 88 points with 9 games remaining.

Just to keep pace with the Sharks the Kings would have to win 4 of their next 6 games against these teams.

Colorado
Nashville
Vancouver
Calgary
Edmonton
Dallas

Does anybody in their heart of hearts think the Kings will really win 4 of 6 of those games????

I'll bite. In case you haven't noticed, St.Louis, Chicago, Minnesota & Phoenix aren't rolling over and making it easy for anyone. SJ can have a hard time with these teams too. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 11:02 PM
  #48
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
I'll bite. In case you haven't noticed, St.Louis, Chicago, Minnesota & Phoenix aren't rolling over and making it easy for anyone. SJ can have a hard time with these teams too. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

No it isn't but have you watched the Sharks play lately????

Well I have and they are playing some damn good hockey right now. In fact the Sharks gotten points in every one of their last 7 games going 5-0-2 in that stretch.

So while it is possible that the Sharks will not win 6 of their next seven it is very probable.

Captain Ron is online now  
Old
03-19-2006, 11:08 PM
  #49
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
No it isn't but have you watched the Sharks play lately????

Well I have and they are playing some damn good hockey right now. In fact the Sharks gotten points in every one of their last 7 games going 5-0-2 in that stretch.

So while it is possible that the Sharks will not win 6 of their next seven it is very probable.
True - however if someone controls the Thornton/Cheechoo line... different ballgame as that's where most of their punch has been coming from as of late.

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 11:16 PM
  #50
Tadite
Registered User
 
Tadite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
No it isn't but have you watched the Sharks play lately????

Well I have and they are playing some damn good hockey right now. In fact the Sharks gotten points in every one of their last 7 games going 5-0-2 in that stretch.

So while it is possible that the Sharks will not win 6 of their next seven it is very probable.


Of course you don't mentiong that both the Canucks and the Oil are playing like crap.


So lets do some logic... Oil and Canucks are playing worse... Ducks are playing as well and Sharks are playing better.... So that all adds up to the Kings being in the Playoffs.

Tadite is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.