Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Skankees Lose!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 05:59 PM
Drury77

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
Skankees Lose!!!!!!!!

NUFF SAID...............

Old
10-25-2003, 06:01 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury77
NUFF SAID...............
Hah. George and his 180 million team lose it at home.

Heads are going to roll in the Bronx...

Old
10-25-2003, 06:04 PM
rpontbriand

"THhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE Yankees LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE!

I saw Godsmack play here in Colorado and he had that crowd chanting "***** the Yankees" I repeat that now!

Old
10-25-2003, 06:04 PM
BlacknGold Barbarino

On one hand- WOO HOO!!! YANKS LOSE!!!

On the other hand, it opens up the possibility that Joe Torre is going to be Grady Little's successor. Blek.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:11 PM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
I am actually really pissed off that the yankees lost. No this is not because I hate all things Boston because im a habs fan. The reason is because Im an expos fan and if you follow baseball, you'll know why Im pissed off that the Marlins won. All I have to say is, Jeffrey Loria.

If he ever comes back to montreal, I will hunt him down and slowly kill him.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:11 PM
misterjaggers

I hope Steinbrenner fires Joe Torre so the Red Sox can hire him.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:12 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
The "Siberian Secret" is the "secret" to the curse...His arrival has ended any future Yankee success...Too bad he wasn't here earlier!

Old
10-25-2003, 06:13 PM
rpontbriand

I am just happy to see that cocky smug look whiped of Jeters face. Nice!

Old
10-25-2003, 06:27 PM
mattkaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
I am actually really pissed off that the yankees lost. No this is not because I hate all things Boston because im a habs fan. The reason is because Im an expos fan and if you follow baseball, you'll know why Im pissed off that the Marlins won. All I have to say is, Jeffrey Loria.

Yeah, Loria is an idiot, he killed the Expos. Them being my closest source of major league baseball, i don't want them to go.

All i can say is congrats to the marlins, they deserved that way more than we did.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:27 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPHabsFan

Try to re-channel your anger into a healthier outlet. When you hate the loathsome Yankees, you hate everything that is wrong in this world. It's a good hate like hating seal-clubbers...

Old
10-25-2003, 06:29 PM
BostonGrl819

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
Try to re-channel your anger into a healthier outlet. When you hate the loathsome Yankees, you hate everything that is wrong in this world. It's a good hate like hating seal-clubbers...
That's the best justification for it I've ever heard.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:00 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpontbriand

I wish they lost 2-1 so that Jeter's error would have cost them the world series! But I'll still take it!

Old
10-25-2003, 07:01 PM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88
I wish they lost 2-1 so that Jeter's error would have cost them the world series! But I'll still take it!
Amen to that.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:03 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpontbriand
you mean Derek Sanderson Jeter- funny but Derek was named after one of the alltime great Broon characters and a heck of a player at that.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:06 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
I would give a weeks pay to be able to fight a seal clubber- only thing is I'm allowed to use choke holds & joint locks (and a breakage or two) with immunity to jail time. As for the Yankees its great to have a villan like them around- they can't win when you think about it- they win, they should; they lose- everyone laughs and loves it.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:11 PM
sarge88

Seriously, one of the biggest choke jobs in a long time. At least since the 2002 Superbowl.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:16 PM
rpontbriand

Most folks, including myself, hate the Yankees mostly due to their fans. I know I dont have to expand my thoughts as you all understand.

In the past the players themselves were annoying (e.g. Munson, Rivers, Dent ...) but this team in not nearly as bad.

Old
10-25-2003, 08:09 PM
hardbody77

jetah had a error , looked floolish toooo.. lol... but the inning before that he struck out with runners in scoring possition ... mr. clutch????

Old
10-26-2003, 07:28 AM
Magnus Fulgur

Yanks

The Yanks didn't play very well vs. the Marlins, but it has me wondering if the Sox would have been beaten by the Fish also. I could see Normar going 0-18 vs. their pitching, and Lowe and Pedro imploding against them in the worst possible scenario. That said, I think we would have put up a bigger fight against the Marlins despite any "moves" or "non moves" that the "manager" would want to make.

BTW, my apologies for saying I'd take Soriano over Manny.

However, I would take Torre over Little any day. Torre would never say anything idiotic like Little did about being a "ghost". And when, at anytime this year, did you see Little make a move that made you say "yeah, that's a really good idea...why didn't I think of that?" All this guy did was baby sit and make the easy moves...anything "creative" or that had his stamp on it was a dud. Showing no confidence in the bullpen to the press throughout the playoffs was pretty darn stupid too. What team was he on??? Gol'dangit...there's a reason why this guy rode the bus for decades in the minors...he's craptastic. BTW, can we have a manager that speaks English instead of Confederate next time too?

Old
10-26-2003, 08:11 AM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedbsfan
The Yanks didn't play very well vs. the Marlins, but it has me wondering if the Sox would have been beaten by the Fish also. I could see Normar going 0-18 vs. their pitching, and Lowe and Pedro imploding against them in the worst possible scenario. That said, I think we would have put up a bigger fight against the Marlins despite any "moves" or "non moves" that the "manager" would want to make.
The Sox MIGHT have been able to pull the series out, but there were a whole lot of people around talking about how the Sox Yankee Matchup was the real WS, and how whoever won that series would kill the Marlins.

Nope the Marlins would have had a Huge advantage in the starting pitching matchups in the series, and if anything the Marlins Speed would have been even more of a factor against Boston.

Closed Thread